Oh fug

Oh fug

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HWd4-Z0xBos
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/everyone-hates-martin-shkreli-everyone-is-missing-the-point
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/07/24/mythologies-about-leopolds-congo-free-state/
ayittey1.tumblr.com/post/155397359466/despotism-is-alien-to-africa
thealternativehypothesis.org
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/about-the-alternative-hypothesis/
youtube.com/watch?v=BmUwCiBZJ3I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanj_Rebellion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

King Leopold did nothing wrong

He made Belgium great with the income from the Congo. He might've been a colossal prick, but he did his goddamn job.

by this logic Johnnie Cochrane, Martin Shrkeli and bootleg from facialbuse.com are all upstanding people
I disagree

>Martin Shrkeli
>A bad guy
>How to fall for clickb8 headlines: the person
Skreli increased prices on his malaria drugs to Jew insurance companies while he offered the drugs free to anyone who still needed them.

He objectively did nothing wrong

>offered free drugs to anyone who needed them
hahaha sources?
I remember the shkreli himself and turings publicity rep said that that would happen but that didn't materialize as far as i can tell

also I mentioned two other people

>the insurance companies paid for the drugs!
>that's the end of that!
we are so fucked it's unbelievable

>but that didn't materialize as far as i can tell
hahahaha sources?
>Two other people
Who cares, you're wrong about one. If you want to hear the dude explain himself then listen to what he has to say
youtu.be/HWd4-Z0xBos

>the insurance companies paid for the drugs
*An increasingly obselete drug that stopped working to treat malaria

>sources
here
>But was Shkreli’s performance actually more objectionable than that of the legislators who were performing alongside him? Elijah Cummings, of Maryland, is the ranking Democrat on the committee, and he used his allotted time to deliver a scolding. “Somebody’s paying for these drugs, and it’s the taxpayers that end up paying for some of them,” he said. “Those are our constituents.” In fact, it’s hard to figure out exactly who is paying what for Daraprim. Shkreli and Turing have claimed that hospitals and insurance companies will pay, while patients who can’t afford it will get a discount, or get it for free. And Nancy Retzlaff, Turing’s chief commercial officer, told the committee about her company’s efforts to get the drug to people who can’t afford it. The arrangement she described sounded like a hodge-podge, an ungainly combination of dizzyingly high prices, mysterious corporate bargaining, and occasional charitable acts—which is to say, it sounded not so much different from the rest of our medical system.
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/everyone-hates-martin-shkreli-everyone-is-missing-the-point
>inb4 (((new yorker))) it's a fucking source

>who cares about the others
if I had merely not mentioned shkreli then the argument would be cogent in your opinion, so why are you being fussy?
and I'll listen but again, I know what HE says about his dealings, I care what actually happened

>Source is literally just speculation on part of the New Yorker
Wew lad

>if I had merely not mentioned shkreli then the argument would be cogent in your opinion
Yeah this isn't about your argument on King "an arm a day keeps the rifles at Bay" Leopold this is about skrelli who cares

unless someone got free daraprim, shkreli's claim that they would is just speculation

lol but this argument IS about king leopold, or at least the original logic used to exonerate his actions you brainless shit

The Congo is terrible for Congolese but wonderful for the artistic imagination. I am reminded of the strange state of Mobutu Sese Seko which echoed of a pre-colonial chiefdom. Even in defeat, his enemies feared him. When Laurent Kabila first met Mobutu, his eyes drifted around the sky. He feared to look the chief in the eye.
I am deeply saddened that there is no rap parody titled Mo'Butu Mo Problems.

>Cutting off people's hands is cool as long as the mother country is secure

It literally is.

The idea that all peoples around the world share some common identity is cancer.

It's less cancer than the idea that it's okay to deliberately harm people for no good reason.

Reminder:
10 million Congolese were killed in Belgian Congo, that is half of the original population. Source - Adam Hochschild (Leopold's Ghost, 1998)

This is more than the number of victims in the Russian Civil War, the Holocaust, the Armenian Genocide, and it's 2/3rds of the total that died in WW1.

It is the 4th deadliest genocide in human history following the regimes of Mao, Stalin and Hitler. There have been no reparations, no memorials, barely an apology.

I feel bad for the people that have to deal with you on a daily basis

>>making money isn't a good reason to hurt people especially when those people are primitive tribals of no real use to industrialized civilizations.
lol

>for no good reason
I bet that slave is going to be super motivated not to miss the next production quota.

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/07/24/mythologies-about-leopolds-congo-free-state/

The deaths in the free state have been greatly exaggerated.

Am I supposed to care that niggers killed niggers in the Congo

Now hold up, it just ain't right to go raping an entire people in the name of a nation across a continent

Jesus christ dude

>justifying mutilation
"no"

Lmao how fucking effeminate are y'all. Go use the internet for once you sheltered pansies.

Nice "source" there Goldberg.

Internet tough guy

This is a nigger free zone, Jamal

He is truly /ourguy/ instead of killing other Europeans in wars, he only targeted Africans.

As long as the exploited nation isn't white and the mother country is.

What if they're both white?

then that's not okay

I don't know about you but f it benefits my mother country I could care less even if they were white.

>which echoed of a pre-colonial chiefdom.
Nope, Mobutu didn't do anything related to indigenous African institutions, he was copying Europeans monarchie.

If you want to read about pre colonial institutions read "Indigenous African Institutions"

>Mo'Butu Mo Problems
Good idea!

Even where groups lived in a hierarchy like a Kingdom or Chiefdom, political leaders were strongly restrained by elaborate systems of checks and balances and a long-standing emphasis on the rule of law: “traditional African ‘laws’ were not mischievously decreed by the chief or king in collusion with a platoon of soldiers. Customary laws were subject to full public debate … chiefs and kings could not promulgate laws without the concurrence of councils” (72). When public outcry wasn’t enough, the final check was the power of exit: people who felt oppressed led exoduses away from their leaders.

>which echoed of a pre-colonial chiefdom
Nope.
ayittey1.tumblr.com/post/155397359466/despotism-is-alien-to-africa

THEY HAVE A USE OF THEIR FUCKING ARMS GODDAMMIT I'm getting sick of edgy teens and basement dwellers justifying violence because "muh money" and "muh niggers" when they are themselves the pinnacle of human trash not capable of constructing any morals or ethics whatsoever.

Unless you count spending enormous amounts of money on mistresses, vanity projects and colonial PR 'making Belgium great', not really. The FCR was Leopold's corporation, and he ran it for his own benefit.

>being a savage

>thealternativehypothesis.org
>quoting some far right blog as a source

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/about-the-alternative-hypothesis/
>This site has non-peer reviewed articles. >Why should I trust them?
>This website is not an academic journal. As such, while articles are often discussed with peers prior to being published, they are not put through a formal process of peer review. As is covered in our “core issue” article on peer review, peer review wasn’t around for most of the history of science, literally meaningless fake papers have passed peer review, and experiments have shown that peer review normally fails to catch basic errors in submitted papers.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck off Stormfag.

this would probably make me hate whitey if I were black tbqh

These evil cannibals more than deserved it.

Name 8 million things leopold did wrong. I'll wait.

>being surprised that wh*Toids are literal devils

>(((Hochschild)))

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

>daraprim got a price hike
>the key ingredient isn't protected by patents
>other companies just make the generic drug for orders of magnitude cheaper
>Shkreli loses sales for jacking up prices like the jew he is
capitalism working as intended

>reparations
From who? Everyone even remotely involved in the CFS died a long time ago (and that includes victims, mind you).

Why jews lie so much?

>>muh limbs muh life why witey gottta b opressing me like dis ;_;
It's really simple, they were and are now nigger savages. The Based Belgians used the only thing that the nigger understands to make them do useful work.

Please tell me you don't read a blog and consider it sound research.
That photo is sad as fuck.

At least he is not posting excerpts of books of Jewish propagandists like (((Hochschild))).

What's the ROI in dismemberment of children?

>the alternative hypothesis

I've seen this guy recommended in a thread here before. This video: youtube.com/watch?v=BmUwCiBZJ3I

And I was like cool, but something about his tone seemed off, and the comments hinted at this. So I decided to look into his videos, and I watched:

>The European Revolution, where he discusses some nonsense about how medieval Europe practicing eugenics guaranteed their supremacy
>me: oh, pretty controversial, but interesting nonetheless

Then I saw this gem:

>The Primacy of Race, where he literally tells you should only make political decisions via your RACE, and not your BELIEFS and gives some cursory evidence mainly from the US, a country with deep racial divisions

Also a lot of bashing on e-celebs like Sargon and Kraut. He seems to try to sugarcoat his ideology a little bit, but he's still a Stormfront-tier white supremacist. (One video literally talks about the white ethnostate of the Dakotas, Montana, Idaho & Wyoming, which makes me assume he's a retarded American)

>Major historian
>Muh brackets!!!!1!11
Literal autism.

He is not Jewish anyway, his father was.
His mother was WASP.

Point why his research is flawed or fuck off.
Putting names between brackets is not an argument.

You do the same with The Alyernative Hypothesis.
Point why his research is flawed or fuck off.

Leo-chan was a hero! He defeated the wicked congolese cannibals and brought Civilization and Enlightment to the heart of the Dark Continent.

That didn't stop reparations before though.

Because he extrapolates the population density of "Africa" into Congo to assume the population was less than the documented estimate. This is obviously fallacious considering not every country on a continent has the same population density.

If I plotted the average 1950 population density of "Asia" and extrapolated it to China, I could conclude population was much lower and Mao never killed anyone.

Anyone with two neurons can see the flaw in this logic.

All major scholars that have written on the Congo, not just Hoschild, but also John Gunther, E. D. Morel and Peter Fornath estimate between 5 to 14 million deaths, with Hoschild estimate being mid-range.

That good enough for you?

It's not OK to act like a barbarian around barbarians, you fucking idiot. That's precisely how we lose ourselves and grant malignant radicals the moral high ground years after the fact.

>Belgium fucks up Congo so bad even other colonial powers get sick of our shit
>After we take Rwanda from the Germans we fuck it up too eventually leading to the Rwandan genocide in 1994
Why are we so fucking terrible at being a colonial power?

I have not read the Alt Hype article nor the jewish scholar book, but how the scholars estimated the population density of Congo in the beginning of the 19th century?

>MUH LIMBS

reminder that it was hired Congolese that did that, not the Belgians.

Daily reminder that Leopold did nothing wrong.

Leopold's Cronies (many, many of them Belgian) were the one that implemented the policy and controlled the FP and commanded them.

Also many FP weren't from the area as well.

>"people"

There is that word again. Blacks aren't people.

>All those African victims of slavery and colonialism looking down as their descendants finally take revenge on the white man.
Without a doubt god is the greatest story writer

>Adam Hochschild and Jan Vansina use the number 10 million. Hochschild cites several recent independent lines of investigation, by anthropologist Jan Vansina and others, that examine local sources (police records, religious records, oral traditions, genealogies, personal diaries), which generally agree with the assessment of the 1919 Belgian government commission: roughly half the population perished during the Free State period. Since the first official census by the Belgian authorities in 1924 put the population at about 10 million, these various approaches suggest a rough estimate of a total of 10 million dead.

it usually does. How many successful reparations campaigns are there? Not a lot, because people realize its a retarded idea.

I have even a poster of the Glorious King Leopold in my bedroom.

Wait. They estimated 10 million in the census AND 10 million dead?

>thinks parentheses are brackets
>50% Jewish is not Jewish

Anyway, the Arabs killed far more than that and nobody is claiming reparations from them.

This picture makes me hate wh*Toids even more than I already do.

/pol/ larper.

Yeah. 10 million people left with a 50% mortality rate. So 10M dead out of a population of 20M. Which is in line with the official estimates of the Belgian government comission which surveyed the Congo Free State and recommended annexing it to stop the killing.

Congo is fucking huge, 20 million population is not an outlandish estimate.

I actually started hating wh*Toids after going to /pol/

You said that the first official census was about 10M. Btw, how did they get the 50% mortality rate?

War reparations you retard.

I also would hate them if I were a negro. They have 30 IQ points above your race, on average. It's not fair. Asians have even more.

>"and you lynch negros"

Nce dodging the trucking point. "Arabs" (they weren't even arabs) have nothing to do with this and the fact that the number of people fucked by the Free state most likely far surpassed "Arabs" should be pretty obvious lol.

Read these two articles, please:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanj_Rebellion

That's good for a start.

that only works when one side wins

Here >police records, religious records, oral traditions, genealogies, personal diaries
as examined by anthropologist Jan Vansina, corroborate the Belgian government's findings.

Most deaths were due to disease (main cause), followed by forced labor, brutality, and deliberate killing. Hoschild stops short of calling it "genocide", but it was very similar as the conquest of the Americas.

Did you read the Wikipedia articles?

>wh*Toid talks about IQ yet AGAIN
yawn

The people doing the slaving in Congo a were Swahili you dumb faggot. Leopoldo nly "cracked down" on salveing entities soley due ot outside pressure and ot pain himself as a Chrsitain hero.

Nonetheless those "Arabs" have nothing to do with the main point we are talking about which is the CFS. Stop trying to shift the point of discussion user.

"Livingstone estimated that 80,000 Africans died each year before ever reaching the slave markets of Zanzibar.[28][29][53][54] "

I read Hoschild's book many years ago.
Now I'm using the wiki to refresh my mind, yes.

The book is only 350 or so pages long. You should give it a read if you are interested. It's in pdf.

>dumb faggot

Why sjws are so impolite? Did I disrespected you?
Your comment is also homophobic, you are contradicting your own agenda.

Ok, I'll take a look. You should read the wikipedia articles I posted.

I will, ty.

>CALL HIM AN SJW!!

Lame and pedantic.

>good reason

The good reason is to get rubber to make Belgium rich. That is a good reason, if you consider only the Belgian interest - you are thinking in terms of universal morality.

I doubt anyone does have to deal with him daily.
That said, this horrible, insectoid cliche makes me doubt that you are much better.

It isn't about 'justifying it', it's 'justifying it to'.

>we
>ourselves

That's his point, there is no 'we'.

Despite all these brainlet handwringing posts, the guy is still a retard, because, as not a single one of you hennish spastics noted, Leopold was only able to claim the Congo Basin by pretending humanitarian intentions.
That said, you all ought to reflect on how easy it was for him to manipulate a sense of universal morality to hypocritically engage in mass killing for the sake of his nation's particular interest.

>HIM
Are you assuming his/her/xer gender?