How were Allied soldiers able to control themselves and not kill Axis POW's?

Continuing on from my other thread about the origins of the practice of sparing the lives of pow's,
How did American and Soviet soldiers comtained themselves from killing surrendered german and japanese soldiers?
I mean especially after the brutality of those in the earlier stages of the war.
I would not have been able to contain myself and would have shot them dead.
Thinking about how they killed and tortured my fellow soldiers before, i'd revenge them.

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=sCCMAwAAQBAJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Soviets either let them die or actively killed them lolLook at hot many POW’s from the Sixth Army actually survived
Americans i can’t really say other than they had not been at war for as long or when the Germans were at their full strength

>Soviet soldiers comtained themselves

>How did American and Soviet soldiers comtained themselves from killing surrendered german and japanese soldiers?

Lol the Marines were pretty much shooting Japs on sight after Guadalcanal, the Brass had to bribe them with ice cream and leave to get them to take prisoners

>How were Allied soldiers able to control themselves and not kill Axis POW's?
In many cases, they didn't control themselves and we should be grateful to them for ridding the world of more Krauts

Why should Americans even want to kill them?

>"Oh noes, these guys we're waging a war of agression against, an ocean away from our untouched homeland, have gassed some kikes and raped some Russians! I hate them now!!!"

>[burger intensifies]

Once again, you're so cool and edgy.

>war of agression

>ywn rape some fuckboi with your fellow comrades
>ywn lick out Röhm’s crusty cum stains from his last rent boy

Military discipline is a thing. Furthermore, killing someone in cold blood is pretty hard even if you get an order to do so. It's even harder without an officer yelling at you to do it.

Basically, killing POWs had to happen immediately after combat, or it had to be ordered. Even the Soviets usually kind of starved their POWs to death instead of executing them. Some units generally weren't allowed to surrender though.

I think it's fairly similar to what happened during World War 1.

>stole their country from peaceful indians

>War Aggression
Hitler declared war on America, not the other way round

Sometimes they didn't

>I'm a nigger therefore everyone else must be too

Yeah, they should have worshiped the Germans for torpedoing their merchant mariners

they weren't 56% mutts back then

The cunt having a whinge about it ITT almost certainly is though

fair enough

Better question is how did Japanese soldiers refrain themselves from killing every American POWs
I mean, the US air force had been conducing a literal firebomb genocide on Japanese civilans between 1943 and 1945

Amerimutts could hate Japs for what their did to their troops, but their was no incentive to avenge their own civilians since they were never armed

>taking the word of an uneducated drug-addict pedo who never even visited the country he's talking about
lol /pol/

>you need to visit Somalia to know it's a shithole

if you're an uneducated drug-addict pedo who fondles his own niece but wants to be taken seriously, yes

Because American submarines and firebombs kept doing the job of killing POW's for them

>all these perverse Jewish projections

>he has to blame "le jew" due to no argument
kek

I know Australian officers had a hard time stopping their men from killing pow's. sometimes they'd throw them out the back of dc3's during supply runs lol

>no argument
Am I suppose to argue against assertions backed with no evidence?

Ice cream, mostly

tends to happen after you watch one of them smuggle a grenade in and wipe out two of your friends after he had "surrendered"

The Greatest Story Never Told is not a good source.

because killing of German prisoners would cause reprisals and get your brothers killed, also the germans were surrendering en masse to the western allies and if they started killing them the soviets would get more of germany

Hated between Americans and Germans was not so intense during and after the was. My grandfather (a paratrooper) won a Walther handgun in a card game with some Germans after their surrender.

This fucking insects crawling across East Asia and the South Pacific DID kill Americans long before we touched any home island. For a nation so obsessive over it, they had no honor, they killed POWs where they could. Bataan Death March being the most clear example.

> Hated between Americans and Germans was not so intense during and after the was

There's not that much hatred at all, at least by the average GI towards German civilians.

books.google.com/books?id=sCCMAwAAQBAJ

> Any number of GI's commented in their letters home that the Germans were industrious and knew how to work... "Somehow, despite living in cellars and bombed out buildings, the German civilians have kept clean." And there was the general acknowledgement that somehow Germans seemed remarkably like Americans. "Put them in Trenton NJ, and you won't know they were German" concluded Yank.

> Inevitable, the GI compared the Germans with other people he had encountered. "Observations of how the Germans lived, worked, ate, and thought led the typical American soldiers to make many comparisons which were adverse to the people of the other European nations through which he has passed". The comparison most frequently made was with the French : in the fall of 1945, an I and E poll revealed that the GI like the Germans better by a clear margin. A GI summed up the prevailing attitude in these words : "Hell, these people are cleaner and a damn sight friendlier than the Frogs. They're our kind of people".

Conversely

> The Germans were not quite so enthusiastic about the GI. "One could eat best under the Americans, but one lived most tranquilly under the British."

> The GI discovered Schnapps, which had on him the same unfortunates effect that Calvados had had in France. There was a disturbing pattern of rape in occupied Germany in the spring of 1945: 402 in March, 501 in April. A high proportion of the cases were proved in court, and authorities suspected they were seeing the tip of an iceberg.

And to illustrate American experiences with the French

> A soldier of the 101 went into the "out of bounds" area of the [Carentan] to drink with one of the locals. The soldier tried to teach his host English, but the Frenchman was a poor pupil. The drunken soldier pronounced him "too dumb to live" and shot him. Fortunately, the Frenchman did not die, but [the CO] had to arrange for his care and also the upkeep of his wife and five children. The soldier was arrested and court-martialed.

Yep, that’s why Americans have been making the best music and film for 100 years

Because if you kill all the POWs you have no one to conduct human experiments on.

>Americans
>not Jews
Wait. Did you just prove that uncle Adolf is right?

What makes you think some grunt viscerally gives a fuck that some sailors he never met died at some point hundreds of miles away?