Warsaw Uprising

Was Warsaw Uprising relevant?

no

Explain why

because the communists soviet army would have just dismantled any independent government the Poles attempted to setup, even if the German left without a fight.

reminder that Red army attempted to reach Warsaw from South and North but got repulsed by SS and that AK wasnt capable of securing bridges over the Vistula so Red army couldnt help. Berlingowcy attempted to cross the river on boats and lost 5000 men which was half of what AK lost. Stalin banned RAF and USAAF from using his airfields because 96% of supplies they dropped fell into the Hun hands.
t. David Glantz

it was probably semi relevant for eastern europe and obviously very impactful (in a bad way) for poland
poles played right into soviet hands, red army probably couldn't ask for a better situation
>inform polacks through radio that red army will help them and that they should begin the uprising
>actually block any western attempt at supporting the uprising and let nazis kill the most rebellious poles and completely eradicate the city as you chill and wait
>swoop in to take control after the uprising has ended and take over the country with no resistance
the entire uprising while being a great act of bravery (they just had a couple of mostly selfmade guns) was also very stupid and people from polish governemnt-in-exile who approved it from london destroyed last chance of poland trying to reestablish its independence

overall it didn't really make a difference but was very convenient for soviets to kill two bird with one stone.

see

so stalin was good boi who dindu nuffin?

Stalin was good boi and did everything

prove that some of those things arent true
btw Glantz wrote it in book The Soviet-German War, 1941-1945: Myths and Realities

Bullshit, Berlingowcy was barely allowed to do that and received no support whatsoever from the rest of the army. If more than 5,000 actually fucking tried, the could have done it. Stalin wanted to wait till all the AK was killed off, then move into the city as a "Liberator", then proceed to execute any remaining AK leaders.

Well, it ruined any chance for solid anti-communist resistance in future and turned Warsaw into European Nanking.

It was relevant, but not in positive way.

t. nazi

No. The Soviets were repulsed and the situation was a political and military clusterfuck, never attribute to malice what can be better explained by incompetance.

The Germans would have been heavily outnumbered since there were only a maximum of 50,000 while the soviets could have easily moved more than 1 million soldiers to encircle warsaw.

It's quite obvious that the soviets wanted the poles to wear out the germans then move in.

its not quite obvious and you'd have the majority of historians against you, Davies, Glantz, Taylor and Hastings included. The Soviet army was literally driving 5.4 kilometers per day, it had to stop eventually and get its bearings as well as supply, similar to what happened on the western front with Bradley. As the battle progressed the fighting became more intense and more complicated, and as the battle continued the Soviets were encountering stiff resistance in the south from panzer divisions and were unable to divert resources to help an uprising they saw as doomed in the first place. However they were more than happy to let their own partisans die to support the home army, so the idea that it was a machiavellian maneuver to get rid of polish resistance kinds of rings hollow when there are also communist poles dying at the same time.

Oh, right, the idea that the Soviets wanted to get rid of the AK is completely Machiavellian. That's why they executed so many of them and hunted down anyone related to the resistance after the war, right?

Also, great job not actually addressing what the other user said

I'm Polish, you absolute cockwaffle. I have no idea what I said there that would make you think I'm a Nazi.

No, it was stupid and irrelevant. They got slaughtered and had most of their city destroyed.

t. HoI historian
>implying there werent hordes of SS around the city and 50k werent just Warsaw garrison

The word "relevant" lost its power years ago

Reminder that we invented the Steel Helmet in WW1 not the G*rms. We also invented the Mauser

MY

>That's why they executed so many of them and hunted down anyone related to the resistance after the war, right?

since when were we talking about post war poland? I thought we were talking about the warsaw uprising. Get your mind off the sausage /pol/lack.

No where else in europe was there a rising in such a manner, and no where else did the Soviets "let" the democratic resistance movements get slaughtered wholesale (remember most of the resistance fighters were either communist or nationalists) So excuse me if I don't just accept Polish feels on the matter and trust actual historians (some of them being Polish) say on the matter.

kurwaaaaaa

>eminder that Red army attempted to reach Warsaw from South and North but got repulsed by SS

Lol, if only that. AK was specifically ordered to leave their platzdarms so that Rokossovsky's soldiers could get encirled and BTFO'd by krauts.

>Stalin wanted to wait till all the AK was killed off, then move into the city as a "Liberator"

Yeah, except Poles actually wanted to kick the Krauts off and try to tell USSR to "fuck off, bydlo, from glorious polska land".

>any remaining AK leaders.
>remaining

Funny, considering that only couple of higher command got killed. Pretty much all the victims were dumb poles who got slaughtered like cattle for the fucks that were too "schlachta" to die in a gutter with some bydlo polaks.

>while the soviets could have easily moved

Which Rokkosowsky actually attempted with crossing Vistula, only for poles to leave their positions resulting in the encirclement.
Fuck off, Pole, no wonder soviets were waiting til you egomaniacal fags will get what you deserve.

>that were too "schlachta"
What?

Not an argument

It solidified even further that the Germans were the bad guys of WW2, but that's not very hard...

Like adding an ember to a wildfire

They executed them during the war a second well. Katyn ring a bell? Fucking tankies.