Medieval Europe thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-64kHmCJGMA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpGKwZzP7ok
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Warren-Ellis-Crecy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry for sideway pic...muh phone..

Medieval Paris in the 13th century.

Must have been so comfy as a noble there back then..

that's so fucking huge jesus christ

youtu.be/-64kHmCJGMA

That helmet on the milita tho..so odd

Btw..I see so many pics like this...from what book or book series are those?

Osprey

Osprey Publishing Men-At-Arms series. They're bretty gud for the most part

Were the Hussites pagans? I heard something like that

I googled..and I am amazed..I love the style

Heretics. Early reformers and predecessor to the protestants a century or so later.
Their leader was Jan Zizka who managed to turn a peasant army into a knight-beating bunch using his wagenburg tactics, field artillery and strict implementation that could be done with little training (being the first to do so for most of his points, he's a forgotton great general).
Pro tip: go to their site, order one day free trial, download all the pictures. Pro tip: you can do unlimited one day free trials

DELET THIS

Will do, Veeky Forumsbro

personally, I wish tostig and the norse had won, but then the normans would have probably defeated them as well..

No...VIKINGZ STRONK

mfw we will live to experience the 1000th anniversary of the Norman invasion

No wait..the 10th..fucking math

Mine bvuttocks was hit

>something hath bitten me!

Holy fuck is that the same brand as these guys
Now Toys R Us went broke I don’t know where to find them

Its "Schleich". They dont sell the "Knight-Line" anymore..sadly..I have a dew of them (I´m OP btw).
Then one day I searched in a box full of shit from back when I was a child..and found dem pretty Knight Figures..and I cut and glued a few together, to my liking. The one I posted is one of them.

OP again..you can still find a ton of them on Ebay and Amazon..not cheap tho

turns out they were the weakest of the three

Don't be so sure. Hardraada was one of the best warriors and only got caught off-guard by Harold's forced march. Hardraada served in Byzantium and knows enough about heavy cavalry and Norman tactics (since Normans served as mercenaries alongside the Varangians).

Hardraada vs William would've been glorious. The English would've rallied to the Viking legend because if he played his cards right, they'd accept like they did with Canute the Great. The Norwegians had a similar culture to the English (particularly the Anglo-Scandinavians of the former Danelaw and Kingdom of Jorvik). William would have no support amongst the English.

>scale chain mail
What did they mean by this

>Benito Mussolini answers the crowds (colourised)

>and I cut and glued a few together, to my liking.
YOU FUCKING HERETIC HOW DARE YOU ITS NLT A MODELLING KIT THATS NOT WHAT THEYRE FOR
but shame the line is no more as a kid I really wanted to make a whole army of them
(And the fantasy game I’m writing will have a scale halfway between them and normal warhammer)

I kek'd
>Mussolini traveled back in time and faked his death, to live as a Knight and kill subhumans old-school..with a sword on a horse

Also, nice trips

There will never be weak men if you are constantly fighting duh

Dont tell me you dont fancy this 13th c. Teuto and this Italian crossbowman..

>When you are too poor to afford a horse but want to be faster than any noble or knight

True..thats why humans need war..or physical work

That was a fucking rural village compared to Venice - Which was a small town compared to Constantinople.

bump

Constantinople had a population of 350,000 at most. Stop exaggerating.

I hadn't considered that, you're right if Harald and tostig had won at stamford then the saxons would most likely have joined his army, and they would have greatly outnumbered williams army, I wonder what englaland would have looked like if things had turned out differently..

This begs for a Spurdo edit...

I'll just post some pics from my folder.

Edward The Black Prince is really cool

Battle of Lincoln 1217.
King Louis of England (yes you heard me correctly) was defeated at Lincoln by 'The greatest knight who ever lived', William Marshal.
He was 70 years old at the battle but was still so eager to fight that he forgot his helmet.
It was the last French invasion of England in history
Also visit lincoln if you get the chance because the Cathedral is a masterpiece of gothic architecture, unparalleled anywhere

>this fucking guy

Not fictional i promise
Me great great great great great great * 50 grandad's brother's aunties' friends' dog met him

What does it mean 'fall of Normandy'?

bergele :DDDD

The Normandy Campaigns of 1202 I presume although the dates don't match.

What does 'E: knight' mean?

What is a knights' primary weapon?

Bestu knight

I think it may just be a label.

On horseback it would have been a lance. Simon de Montfort was apparently killed by Roger Mortimer with a lance on horseback.

Whilst on their feet it would depend. Most knights were equipped with swords although they also probably used axes and maces.

While mounted lance and a shield
While dismounted its some kind of polearm like a pollaxe

Didn't de montfort die in 1265 whereas mortimer was born in like 83?

youtube.com/watch?v=gpGKwZzP7ok

What medieval fairs from your country would you recommend?

indeed, they've never known how provincial they are

That really depends on the period though, pollaxes would really only be used in the later middle ages

There were a fair number of people called Roger (de) Mortimer.

This Roger that was at Evesham was First Baron Mortimer, 1231-82. Pretty sure he was the grandfather of the Roger you mentioned. Seems like that was the naming custom of the family.

Roger (d. 1282) also killed Hugh le Despencer at Evesham. The man was a machine. It created a rivalry between the two families that lasted for centuries - the Despencers were quick to support Edward II against Mortimer's revolt.

>sign treaty to say you were never king of England
>retards still think it

>despencers
Yeah these are the sadists of England

Explain

>350,000 at most. Stop exaggerating.
Yes,
Florence and Venice had about 100,000
Paris and London 30,000

Idk about the other cities but by the late 13th century, Paris had a population around 200,000.

Sigismund did nothing wrong

>Were the Hussites pagans?
Nope, the Catholics were, and still are.

Major Battles of the Second Barons' Wars

Battle of Lewes 1264-The Earl of Leicester, Simon de Montfort defeats the Royalist army of King Henry III and Prince Edward, making them his captives, forcing the Mise of Lewes.

Battle of Northampton 1264- April. King Henry's besieged the Baron's castle at Northampton. De Montfort escaped but his son Simon the younger was captured by the royalists.

Battle of Evesham 1265-Fought on August 4, 1265. A Royalist army led by Prince Edward and the Earl of Gloucester, who defected to the Royalist side after Edward escaped de Montfort's custody, defeats the baronial army of the de Montforts. Most of the rebels are slain on the field, including Sir Henry de Montfort and his father Earl Simon, whose body is horribly mutilated after the defeat. The defeat at Evesham all but ends the major resistance of the barons who rose after the Provisions of Oxford were nullified.

Siege of Kenilworth 1266-The End of the Second Barons' War. Most of the baronial rebels submit to royal authority after the six month siege which returns many of the rebels to the kings justice following the Dictum of Kenilworth, allowing some to buy back their forfeit lands and titles.

Bumperino

Bump

Dont let the thread die!

don't anally masturbate with #4

How do we get rid of the visored barbute meme?

I do not know that meme..quick rundown?

Visored barbutes weren't actually real and were a reconstructional error by Victorian antiquarians.

Kind of like pic related. A Claymore with two crossguards and a curved hilt.

We need a "Henry Goes to Russia" DLC

Haha, I see, user

But a Barbuta with a visor would be god tier, protectionwise....

Bump pepiks

>its almost Harvesting-season

Sauce?

I don't even know myself, sry user..

We really fucked up, when looking back...

>i em fest as fugg :DD

Why the fuck were medieval frogs so childish-looking?

Nobles begone

G*rms, niggers of Europe

Crécy
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Warren-Ellis-Crecy

God bless you user

Are you sure about that?

I'm tyrolean, not a german