Equipment(ego) lifting

Is there any point to squatting with belt/sleeves/wraps other than ego? Aren't you cheating into forcing yourself to lift more then your body can actually handle?
What's the benefits, if any?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
70sbig.com/?p=884?p=884
70sbig.com/?p=891?p=891
70sbig.com/blog/2010/04/more-reasons-for-wearing-a-belt/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if you're not a powerlifrer there is 0 reasons for such equipment

Z E R O (0)

im a powerlifter

then you are a meme and can do whatever the memes you want to do. Nobody gives a flying fuck about powerlifting.

>zero
>sleeves are used by various athlethes

sleeves dont add up to your lift, they just comfy and keep joints warm

belt should be used if submaxial weights, allows to brace harder which means you are more safe

wraps as knee wraps or wrist wraps? if wrist wraps they are used only to keep joint safe out of movement and they're not used by folks with better mobility

/thread

haha ok dyel
wraps - no real reason i can think of, mainly there for elastic rebound
sleeves - can get some elastic rebound out of very tight ones, other than that they're mainly there for comfort and support
belt - gives your abs something to push against, added torso rigidity = lift bigger weights and get more of a training effect

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
70sbig.com/?p=884?p=884
70sbig.com/?p=891?p=891
70sbig.com/blog/2010/04/more-reasons-for-wearing-a-belt/

>tfw the bar caves into me when squatting but the pussy pad makes it roll dangerously
>I have more trouble enduring the pain on my back than in my legs

>sleeves are used by various athlethes
you don't need tour de france tier gear to ride as an amateur, but that doesn't mean Lance Armstrong doesn't need that gear. Extreme athletes or extreme level of performance require an exponential amount of change(and effort) . A regular tricked out 4 door sedan can do 320 km easy esp but to go further you need drastic chance in design.

Have you been lifting for long?

I had this issue until i built up my traps a bit.

bodybuilding is about ego too you fucking retard. "hurr I lift 10lb weights so i swell up and look bigger not for my ego but for some honorable reason"

I love big guys that cant lift heavy. nothing makes me laugh more then some dude that looks big and strong but couldnt squat his ass off the couch if he wanted to. its called strength training you retard.

But why not get real man strong and not equipment reliant man strong?

Why don't you lift in dress shoes, work on that stability brah!

Why don't you so exclusively Zecher deads? Work on that lower back brah!

>What's the benefits, if any?
knee sleeves aren't really helpful for anything other than keeping the knees warm. certainly helps if you have chronic issues with your knees already

>you can swell up with 10 lbs weights
>you can get big without being strong
Wanna know how I know you don't lift?

if u squat, bench or deadlift u are a powerlifter no matter what

I have a question:
Is it possible to build big legs with only 100 kg squat? I train since 3 years, but I never reached higher than 120 kg (lanklet), if I, let's say, train my legs with 5x10 100kg, will they look huge over a period of 1 year?

I started lifting a month ago. It took about two weeks of squatting three times a week to get over the barbell shoulder pain. Still draping a towel over my shoulders though, I'll probably ditch it soon.

Impossible to tell. Some guys have naturally big legs, some don't. Some guys can get a good chest with 2pl8 bench, others still look DYEL. If you do all those with strict form and control I imagine your legs would look pretty good but there's only one way to find out.

volume. body builders rarely lift big in the same way powerlifters do. they get their phyique's through volume and hypertrophy.

yes you can, just make sure your form is perfect and o slow and steady reps

little bitch trying to explain away why he's such a weak pussy spotted lmao.

lol

I squat and deadlift, but srsly dude I'm a cyclist and not a retarded powerlifter

CHEATING:
Straps
Wraps
Lifting suit

LEGITIMATE:
Belt
Sleeves

Weightlifting>Strongman>Powerlifting>>>Bodybuilding>Men's Physique>>>>>Crossfit

Didn't answer the question, just a non-sequitur

didnt ask a question all you did was respond to a dumb fuck who didnt say anything.
>why not wear high heels when you OHP
moderation and equivalency