At what age did you grow out of video games aka become a man?

At what age did you grow out of video games aka become a man?

Also what is your weakest lift

For me it was 20

And my weakest lift is squatting because I'm a lanky

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mzwi8rxI-88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Squat

At what age did you understand that you can do whatever the fuck you like, and it doesnt matter what other people think of you? O right. You havent.

22. Last time I played muh geams was 75 days ago. Games are shit, numales hobby. My weakest lift is barbell row because I don't like to do it.

>the "you can't do X and be a man" meme

I'll do whatever the fuck I want. You're posting on a Malaysian Cricket Farming forum and trying to tell others what being a man is?

Around 21.

Squat.

>someone who thinks he's manly for having different hobbies is also weak
Who woulda thunk

I still play video games at 19. I have a full time job. Who cares. The bigger problem is that I almost never leave my house. How the fuck do you meet people and make friends.

OP here

Just to add on. All my friends and guys I knew in general growing up that never played video games, were way more social and better with girls had the rest of us. I didn't lose my V until after I stopped playing video games.

And it's funny now that I haven't played them in years, I've achieved so much. Currently have a Gf but was hooking up with random girls regularly and going on dates, going to parties, travelling. Have a decent job now etc.

I have 2 very good friends that still play them a few times a week and they can't get laid to save their lives. In the rare occasions that they'll come out to a bar or club with me, they'll just stay by the bar and not talk to any girls.

I wish I could go back in time and atop after my N64. So around 12 years old or whatever it was. I would've became a man sooner. But all is good.

>implying I do

Haven't had a friend since 19. I'm 23 now

Sounds like you're just autistic and you needed to scapegoat something. I know dudes that get more pussy than I ever will and they play games every day

Something look forward to then I guess.

19-20

I still play sports game like Madden and FIFA, but I can't play a regular game for more than 20 minutes now.

I think I smoked too much weed and it fucked my attention span.

15-16

Bench press. Stupid long fucking arms.

All I play is Madden and PUBG. I'm excited for 18 to come out

There's playing video games responsibly, such as 2-3 hours at the end of the day when all of your other chores are completed, and then there's a video game addiction in which manchildren are sucked into virtual worlds where they play for 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, for years at a time. Obviously one of these will interfere with your ability to socialize, while the other one shows responsibility and restraint.

Playing games is fine, there's like what, 2 maybe 3 huge releases worth playing each year?
The cancer of gaming is online competitive games, they're huge timesinks that you'll never stop playing, and the more you play the more you're invested into your account and the less likely you are to quit.

You don't need to quit gaming, you need to quit competitive multiplayer games

>He thinks 14-21 hour of video games a week is responsible

user I...

never liked video games. got a wii for christmas when it was brand new and it is still sitting in the unopened box in my basement.

perhaps bench, 6'2 184 lbs 240 max. has plateaued big time.

>I still play video games at 19. I have a full time job. Who cares.
>The bigger problem is that I almost never leave my house. How the fuck do you meet people and make friends.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
These are the types of people that still play videogames

You're not lanky, you're just weak.

>he thinks 14-21 hours in the gym is responsible

user I...

I was big in to MMOs when I was like 10-14 but I grew out of it once high school hit. I still play FIFA and NBA2k with my friends but that's really it. I do know some fairly well-adjusted bros who play a lot of video games though, I don't see how it's such a bad thing. Just not my cup of tea

Don't do squat or didly so both of them

i live for gaming and lifting. my routine is pretty much waking up after a nice night of sleep, eating, going to the gym, eating, then playing games the rest of the day fasting and i STILL bang sluts every weekend. maybe you and you friends are autists user, or just buttfuck ugly

Stopped playing because of final exams and later started going to the gym. Couldn't start playing again since I had no free time nor will to do so. Games right now are shit anyway.

not proud, wasted a lot of time

Stop playing video games you loser. Omg.

Also. >what is your weakest lift

None.

mid 20s. i'm 32 now and still wish i could have that escape that i used to have, but every time i try to replay one of my old favorites, i just get bored. i also have considerably less free time, so if i do start playing something, i might not get back to it for a week and by then i forget what's happening in the plot.

weakest lift is squat.

Stopped playing most video games in middle school (senior in college now)

I used to buy whatever new Halo came out cuz I was kinda a halo fanboy but I'd just beat the game and be done with it never played online or anything and when Xbox 1 came out I didn't buy a new one

Used to play runescape until freshman year of HS stop

Get a job you neet

If I didn't play video games I'd probably read books or make bombs in my basement or something. I've been antisocial my whole life. Now I don't know how to change that or if I even give a fuck.

Stopped seriously playing video games when I was 17 even though I made most of my income at the time in tournaments.

Weakest lift is bench - I very much hate bench because my long ass arms being 6'3" and all.

why lie on a Scandinavian knife trading board?

I never had time for them after I turned 10. Parents had me playing on a basketball team during the winter. Back in Europe for 2 months every summer. And piano and guitar lessons year-round. Only ever played them at my friend's house.

Is this b8? How do you not see how believably wasteful you're being by sinking 2-3 hours into video games every day? There are people out there working every waking minute of every day, people with terminal illnesses with weeks left to live, people who would give anything for that free time and you're sitting there squandering it in front of a screen. If you seriously pride yourself on 'at least i'm not a manchild playing 16 hours a day' then you need to reevaluate how you spend your time.

You remind me of my borderline obese friend who always uses this excuse of "at least i'm not uselessly fat". Like yeah, great, there are people who are worse off than you, but that doesn't mean you aren't bad yourself.

What's his name again Veeky Forums?

(Is he alive?)

>At what age did you grow out of video games aka become a man?
LOL, what kind of adult seriously thinks like this?
i met my bf playing video games like 7 years ago and we're still together and play video games.

>If I didn't play video games I'd probably read books
Oh no! God forbid you learn something!

its more responsible than a lot of other things people waste time on, like social media or watching television. at least video games are interactive and make you think/use your reflexes/etc. hell just posting here on Veeky Forums is worse than playing video games

>LOL, what kind of adult seriously thinks like this?
Most adults, because they actually value their time.

It is

I don't understand why you're actively trying to be a cunt. Never said reading was bad or that I don't do it now. Just that I'd fill time with other time fillers and nothing would change.

19 (currently)

Bench

But I just can't find time
> bench

>Most adults, because they actually value their time.
>most adults
if you look at video game sales and demographics, there's actually a lot of adults that still play video games, there's grown ass men who spend thousands on a single game.
>because they actually value their time.
thats definitely not the reason, if people valued their time they wouldn't waste is watching television, fucking off on social media, or slaving away most of their life at a job they cant stand.
try again

Lol at everyone saying you can still lift and get girls etc. Playing video games. Okay sure let's go with that.

But what does video games actually get you?

An hour or 2 of stimulation?

Shit is basically a fucking drug. It's a complete waste of time and gives you absolutely nothing tangible I'm return whatsoever.

Quit while you can. Take the RP. At this point you're all just defending your addiction.

Sorry m8 I'm just trying to help you out. I know you probably think that if you weren't playing vidya you'd be wasting your time some other way, but I've seen from my own experience as well as people I know, getting off of video games may be the keystone habit change that will get you out and about and really improve your life.
Also reading definitely isn't a time filler, at least if you're reading non-fiction/self-help lit, and I bet it could even help you with your antisocial tendencies.

>If people valued their time they wouldn't waste is watching television, fucking off on social media, or slaving away most of their life at a job they cant stand.
Lol I agree, I guess most adults don't value their time. But video games definitely fit into that category.

Exactly

This.
I'm seeing a lot of people in here that are too naive or they're in denial about video games.
I used to say video games are alright to play for kids since they didn't have any responsibilities anyway, but I've come to realize there's so many more things to do that are more rewarding and help their brain develop.

We're not here to scapegoat video games for our problems, we're here because we've matured enough to realize the truth and we'd like to share that with our fitbros because I know I at least wish I had someone that could have told me to quit wasting my time sooner. Think about it.

do you ever go on social media? or watch television? I have strong feel you probably waste your time doing something less stimulating that video games

First you act as if that stimulation is of no value.
Life is all stimulation and most of what we do is in an attempt to get stimulation that we enjoy.
Secondly this argument can be applied to just about anything with the same effect. Like books and movies and media you are only getting a story to interpret and some stimulation for a few hours.
You will be much happier if you allow yourself to enjoy such stimulation and are still able to live a balanced life where you go to work/school lift and enjoy things you like.

Pretty much nailed it. Wish I read this when I was in HS. I wasted so much of my life playing video games. Anything else would've been smarter to do. Love reading a book.

>Omg

Go back to Facebook

The golden one games for motivation, what's wrong with that?

Video games aren't stimulating you fucking mong. Stop using this excuse it's such bullshit and you're lying to yourself to justify your bad habits.

The point isn't just video games, replace video games with FB or something and it's the same issue. We're talking about giving up useless timesinks to make time for productivity and wholesome hobbies.

This is the mindset of someone that thinks it's ok to waste hours a day sitting and staring at a screen. They can't comprehend that it really is that simple, they just want their fix.

THIS

>An hour or 2 of stimulation

rofl what sort of shit tier games have you been playing? Also have you ever taken drugs? I'm guessing you haven't. Have fun with your total lack of life experience.

I'm always confused in these threads where people tell you to read a book or they're the type of idiots who watch TV all the time. Reading is just another hobby, and it's one the pretentious people here probably don't even enjoy they just think it makes them smart or sophisticated or some shit. They probably read absolute trash or ayn rand or something. Then you've got people who think it's okay to ever watch TV on your own time. You literally sit and watch while doing nothing, it is the ultimate time waste of a hobby, it requires no thought whatsoever you just drool like the retard you are in front of it.

These threads are as bad as the 'what hobbies do you have for social gains' ones. You're as fake as the girls you make fun of at the gym

never
sluts are easy as fuck and require little to no effort to bang, and if you are not a virgin loser you can rack up some fuck buddies the longer you stay in the game

>24
>Still playing vidya, though no AAA cinematic shit "games"
>Mostly fighting or CUHRAYZEE games at this point, some rhythm too
>Want to cosplay Jin Kazama or Ryu by next year with a fitting body.

>all that ya lit
>posters on the wall
>plays vidya
how old is this guy?

Next you people will tell me to stop watching anime ON Veeky Forums lmao

are you working every minute of the day?

I'm the same but I'm 22 and without a job
>all this gamer shaming itt
Shaking my head t.b.h

no it's not

27 I think
youtube.com/watch?v=Mzwi8rxI-88
this is the video where talks about this topic

The difference is playing video games is a sedentary, isolated activity. You could play a 30 minute game of basketball with some randos at the gym and get more enjoyment and mental stimulation than you would playing video games all night. Reading a book, even fiction, increases your grammar/vocabulary skills and thinking ability. Video games destroy your attention span and imagination/critical thinking ability

We're social creatures. You can pretend that talking to someone online counts as socializing, but that's shit-tier activity

The pro-vidya's argument comes down to >sure we're heroin addicts, but at least we're not smoking meth
>I may be a heroin addict, but I'm happy and that's all that matters in life

my brother
>mfw not juicy enough to cosplay fang, yet
>no face

one day i may, one day i may

Yeah you might be right. Probably wouldn't hurt to get a new hobby or two. I'm not entirely sure if it'll get me out more though. I was like this as a young kid before I even started playing video games.

Nailed it as well.

Why are gamers so incredibly defensive holy fuck. We are trying to show you the light.

>videogames are a waste of time
>browsing Veeky Forums is totally ok though

>implying lifting doesn't induce drug-like effects
>implying fucking doesn't induce drug-like effects
>implying eating doesn't induce drug-like effects

You will need a better argument because nearly everything you do to your body can be considered a drug.

@ 23

The only reason why I play video games is because I have absolutely no idea what else I could do with my time.

I don't care about TV or reading. I always feel like I should go outside more, but I have no idea what to do outside.

Thnx bro

They just can't see the truth, they don't want to because they're dependent on the comfortable sameness of vidya.

Giving it up would mean growing up and entering the unknown, where there's the possibility of failure and uncertainty. If they deny their addiction is a problem, or that there even is an addiction, they can stay in their bubble of sameness, where there is no success, but more importantly, there is no failure or uncertainty. We've planted the seed, we can't expect to break them out of their destructive habits right away, they've spent years building up their coping mechanisms to become willfully blind to the mistakes they're making.

The difference is browsing Veeky Forums is something you can do for 1-5 minutes at a time throughout the day when you need a break from whatever, where you can discuss relevant topics and help someone or learn something yourself. Video games are something you devote yourself to for hundreds of hours. We had one guy in this thread that thinks it's acceptable to play vidya for 1-3 hours/day just because he's off of work.

You're deluded

Jesus Christ. I'm out. You fuckers are either trolling or retarded and it's not worth trying to help you either way.

Every one of those things you mentioned takes up less time than vidya, is more rewarding, and involves a basic need being satisfied. There's no way you could rationalize having sex or eating being less than playing video games. He's saying video games are like doing cocaine or something. An addictive drug that harms the body/mind instead of improving it. Sex is a basic human need, eating is a basic human need.

Good thread OP, but unfortunately our fitbros are too fucking retarded to see the truth when it's being spelled out for them.

I'll take on one more. How am I deluded? If you know that, please explain it to me so I might try to improve myself and not be deluded

You're referring to my post where I'm talking basic psychology points that are all proven facts, so... yeah please explain

playing video games is the biggest time sink ""hobby"" you could do, it's on the same level as masturbation. Even watching television inundates you with pop culture and conversation topics to use in real life. Just compare it to any other activity and you'll realize it is nothing more than a sink for your time, where you trade it solely for satisfaction. I don't even know where this defense for playing video games comes from. I used to play 8-12 hours of world of warcraft a day regularly. It's just a waste of time. You can have fun through other means while also developing life and social skills

>b-but I enjoy it

that's good for you, just don't try to claim it's on the same level as nearly any other "hobby", it's the lowest tier of activity you could occupy yourself with. All hobbies provide satisfaction as well as other important skills/experiences, except for video games

I'm in school full time, work part time, have a steady gf and play tons of vidya. Life is pretty good.

Still play vidya. Mostly JRPG's, RPG's, shooters, and adventure games. Hate sports games and never play them. Would rather play sports irl. Just finished FFXV and platinumed it (easiest game to platinum ever). I usually binge play for 1-3 hours a day, and 5-7 hour on weekends. The binges last about a month, then I get tired and go cold turkey for a month. It doesn't really do anything bad for my life. I still easily maintain going to the gym, my two part-time jobs, my grades, singing practice, and my gf. If it wasn't for my college meal plan and my gf cooking for me, maybe I wouldn't be able to play as much because meal prep takes a bit of time each day, but whatever.

Weakest lift is deadlift because I don't do it.

Weakest lift I actually do is standing overhead press because I overextend my back forward, which causes instability in the posterior chain. I tried to fix it, but now I usually just prefer to do seated overhead press.

>All hobbies provide satisfaction as well as other important skills/experiences

Do you see yourself playing video games in 10 years? What about 20?
I'm seeing a lack of foresight in the people defending their addiction.

What's your wife going to think when you're spending a couple hours a day playing vidya instead of taking care of the kids/chores/her? Do you have friends? What will they say when you never hang out with them because you spend your free time sitting inside, alone?

That's the mindset I used to quit tobacco. I talked to too many people that wished they had quit at my age, and saw the damage it did to myself and them. I couldn't see myself dipping or smoking in 5 years, let alone 20. I could no longer justify satisfying my addiction for now, when I would only wish I hadn't in a couple years. Once I learned that I was able to apply it to other things like vidya. It was hard, harder than quitting tobacco, because like the other people in this thread, I didn't want to admit that it was a problem.
I started playing the bass, I started knitting, I started cooking, I read more. I did anything I could to avoid just sitting there like a sack of potatoes. Now I'm good enough to play bass in my church band, cook gourmet dinners for me and the missus, and I've taken a recent interest in philosophy where I've expanded my view of the world and learned to make better relationships with people, which I actually have now because I go out and socialize instead of sitting inside all day.

Can you name a hobby that doesn't provide satisfaction?
Spoiler: you can't because then it wouldn't be a hobby, it'd be a chore

so what am I supposed to do then? be productive every second of every day? I'm not allowed any downtime? I'm not allowed any free time? I should be writing a novel and watching lectures on YouTube in my free time? Should I stop using Veeky Forums as well and stop playing with my daughter because it's not productive enough? You're the one with the insecurity, man. You think you can't be "manly" enough until you've sacrificed all the things you like to do. You think you have to "put away childish things" in order to prove to yourself that you're this non-existent paragon of masculinity, when in reality, you're just a scared child with a superiority complex who gets off on putting anonymous strangers down.

>implying if you play videogames you are always addicted to them
>implying if you play videogames you cannot have any other hobbies or improve yourself

I agree, videogames are trash and dumb to play.

I never once mentioned masculinity my dude. We never said you should never do anything besides work, you've created a flimsy straw man.

Don't be thick, humans need to play, but that means playing with others doing activities and socializing, not sitting in front of a screen in a dark room playing mind numbing video games. There's so many things you can do that are fulfilling instead of working or playing vidya. If you want to write a novel, go for it. Maybe it'll be good and you'll make some money, or it won't and the internet will have one more sonic fanfic to go through. Go out and have a picnic, meet up with some friends to play bball or something.

The point, which I'm honestly surprised needs to be repeated this many times, is that instead of wasting your time with _____ you could be doing _____ which is more rewarding and actually improves yourself as a person. This is a revelation myself and others have had as we grew up, and we want to share this knowledge with our anons because we know if/when you have the same revelation, you will wish someone had told you sooner and you'll want to tell other people. We're not even trying to give you a head start over your peers, most people know this already. We're just trying to keep you in the race

I'll put down any motherfucker that is too dumb to read and reach the right conclusion. If you're too incompetent to utilize basic reading comprehension to create an idea you're legitimately retarded and unfit to live on this overpopulated rock. So get off your butthurt high horse and start thinking critically or gtfo. Your feelings have no place here.

>"become a man"
>still on Veeky Forums

>What's your wife going to think when you're spending a couple hours a day playing vidya instead of taking care of the kids/chores/her?
Wow, the kids are having so much fun playing mario party with him.
> Do you have friends? What will they say when you never hang out with them because you spend your free time sitting inside, alone?
Fuck, your Ryu is too good. Can't wait to get together again next weekend.

OHP

Only happened a few months ago to be completely honest, family.

more like when did you start being bad at video games and got so mad you gave them up then started pretending it makes you a man to do so

for me never because i'm not a casual dyel bitch like you

I don't play single player games anymore, but I'll dip into steam to stay in touch with my brother and friends back in my home state. I do pretty well socially and with women, and I've got a good career. It's definitely a time waster though.

My weakest lift is squat. I bench as much as I squat because of chronic knee issues. Now I just squat light for volume.

>Grow out of video games
This is a meme. You just get busy and don't like having to invest a pointless amount of time and attention to sit down and do nothing else but focus on a video game that is likely to be mediocre and unengaging.

It doesn't mean that you've "grown out" of it, it's more that you're burned out.

I cheat though, I keep my 3ds around because it's easier to sneak a little game time on a hand-held, as it feels like less of an investment of time and attention.

When I was like 12 but I did anyway

Also, OHP. What a demanding mistress that lift can be.

I'm still weak as shit in everything basically even though I've been lifting (off and on) for almost a year

>6'1 180
>deadlift 225
>squat 205
>don't benchpress with barbell cause I'm afraid I won't be able to do 135

>We had one guy in this thread that thinks it's acceptable to do something he finds enjoyable, fun and relaxing for 1-3 hours/day just because he's off of work.

HAHAHAHAHA yeah what a fucking loser!

We're talking about people that have a problem here. Playing a round of zombies with your mates every once in a while isn't a problem.

>implying if you use heroin recreationally you're always addicted
>implying if you use heroin you can't have a job or improve yourself

Last time I'm gonna say it cuz y'all are really not getting it. Just know that I've honestly tried to help you.
Just... think about it, all of you. We really do know what we're talking about, it's an absolute truth. It'll take some time for you to even be able to break the cycle because it's so ingrained in you by now, but just keep at it and you'll be there one day. It's so much nicer