What's the point of lifting weights if you are going to die anyways?

what's the point of lifting weights if you are going to die anyways?

why expose yourself to such suffering when you can calmly wait for yoru dead?

you don't need to humillate yourself at the gym.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/c00lgril/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the point of anything if you are just going to die anyways?

Guess you should just an hero.

reddit

Humiliate? Okay, well, cardio is the humans best friend and was by far our most important physical power back in the day, we never were strong, but being able to lift heavy and have a nice physique is admirable to almost all humans, it's great.

Plus, when you ENDURE (not suffer cause i aint no bitch), everything else in life seems better. And besides, by your logic we should all just kill ourselves immediately because "eh nothin matters, we'll die anyway yo", but honestly? while i'm alive, EVERYTHING i do matters. and sure, once i'm dead it's over for me and all i did has no meaning (to me, cause im dead), but that doesnt change the fact that every second i'm alive... I MEAN SOMETHING man! maybe only to my friends! maybe only to my family! Hell, maybe even only to myself, but i EXIST man! YEAH!

but..i like suffering

I have a shirt that says this OP

>eat right
>train hard
>die anyway

It has gotten me laid so many times.

virgin

because I feel good, I have a lot of energy, and I'm proud of myself for taking the initiative to be that way.

What is the point of not shooting myself right now if I'm going to die anyway? Why not save some time and die immediately?

Because I want to be huge and beat the shit out of weaklings and fuck their women in front of them.

nihilism is wrong and the fact that you're still alive is the argument against it

if everything's so pointless, why not end your suffering right now?

>why do anything, you're just gonna die anyway

What's the point of writing this shit? You're gonna die anyway so why do you care?

your body has great potential.
realising and experiencing this potential is a glorious thing.
Socrates said it best

>What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

to truly live you have to feel.

Suffering just enriches the experience.

Without suffering there can be no joy.

I have a shirt that says,

Please pay attention to me I go to the gym

It's gotten me laid so many times

Some people actually enjoy exercising. DYEL retard.

name of this angel?

Babby's first existential crisis?

Some mild forms of suffering become enjoyable over time. The results can be enjoyable too. I would rather wait for my inevitable doom in joy rather than despair. Offing myself would bring despair to people whose happiness matters to me as well, which would not be virtuous to do.

All a pretentious way of saying "I like being happy. Don't try to fuck that up with your angst, I went through that phase too and don't give a shit."

Worse than "I can't talk to her what if she rejects me" I fuckin swear

>why expose yourself to such suffering

I don't find lifting to be a suffering activity. I enjoy it immensely.

>nihilism is wrong
> fact that you're still alive is the argument against it

That's actually proof of how right it is, everyone's going to die and we will enter the void, chances of the species surviving is close no nil anyways.

But lifting and running and doing sports overall is fun, just because everything lacks a meaning doesn't mean fun things are fun user.

>in a grad cohort with a girl who looks like this but has bright blonde hair and less noticeable + fewer freckles but same eye color
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Live large. Die large.

Leave a giant coffin.

>t. Boogie

Because I'll be stronger and more mobile in my 70s than you are today

>lifting weight
>Suffering
Lmao look at this dyel.

Maybe OPs point is that your time could be used to help further humanity rather than spend thousands of hours building an ephemeral monument to your own narcissism. Leftist weights doesn't help you live any longer than other moderate forms of exercise that could be accomplished performing useful tasks.
But, then again, OP is spending his time posting on Veeky Forums, so he should probably kill himself.

I want to see what my body is capable of before I die.

what are you talking about, life IS a constant experience of sufferings, and the more you are exposed to them the greater possibility you have to flourish. suffering is just virtue training to reach your full potential.

push the rock up the hill bitch

camus was a stupid french cuck, I would explain how he badly misinterpreted stoicism and nietzsche and the Buddhists they ripped off, but I'm drunk and need to get to sleep so I can go wageslave in 4 hours.

>reads a Nietzsche quote once

Because making a better version of yourself and benefiting from it aint a bad idea

this hunk of flesh is the only thing tethering my consciousness to this world
I'd prefer to keep it in good condition

Life is more like a sandbox game rather than a theme park game. Do what you want, nothing matters in the end.

>this hunk of flesh is the only thing tethering my consciousness to this world

do you think camus dramatizes nihilism too much because he takes it very literal and thinks it justifies murder/suicide or what

explain to me pls

good point. I never considered that

Many years ago I saw a woman who looked to be in her late 60s struggling with all her might to get a walker into her car. Like, it was a battle royale. And she was losing.

Old age comes to us all - if we're lucky - and it is unkind to those who ignore their bodies.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

If you're going to live in this meat suit, you better maintain it. Or it'll end up hindering you.

>Mens sana in corpore sano.

Life's ultimate purpose is to feel pleasure.
I derive pleasure from lifting weights

Life has no foreseeable point, but it iss for sure a ride. A ride that is what you make it. I want my ride to be fun and on my terms. I enjoy being fit and I enjoy what it has made my ride into.

Are you self determined or not?

his hat gets bigger each time i see this picture

Underrated.

your wisdom has no place here in this cesspool of shitposts and nonsense

>Drunk and shitposting late into the night on a Wednesday

That's a pretty quick way to make me disregard literally anything at all you could possibly have to say about philosophy. You've clearly learned very little from it.

Why wouldnt you want to be a sick cunt?

Camus wasn't a nihilist he was his own snowflake version of it.

Where the nihilist says don't bother doing anything since it's pointless, Camus says do it anyway because it's pointless.

He doesn't believe it justifies murder or suicide. For a start his "philosophy" was supposed to be an argument against suicide, and the murder in The Stranger served mainly as a plot driver and wasn't a part of his core philosophy.

All this being said Camus is probably the most overrated philosopher out there, although he's an alright author.

>nietzsche copied the buddhists
hmm

Even being an extreme nihilist myself, fully understanding that ultimately nothing matters, this is just stupid.

If the overall doesn't matter, than live without fear of it. Every single day is precious for the day it is, not the future it is not. Live day by day and enjoy it day by day. Love your family that you still have, because they'll be gone. And while to the universe that doesn't matter, it should matter to the you of today.

What i'm getting at is, if you truly believe that all is for naught, then who gives an everloving fuck about it? Stop caring about the inevitability of it all and enjoy whatever the fuck you have while you have it. It's not always gonna be a fucking thrill, but it's more thrilling than what's coming isn't it? Make something of it for shits and gigs, enjoy this precious, pointless little moment, and get some pleasure while you feel it. If it doesn't matter, than there's no reason not to.

Also, this applies with Gym, I do it because i enjoy it. I enjoy how I look now, I enjoy how it alleviates my crippling depression and I appreciate that my hard work pays off. That's all I do it for. Not for some artificial reason, not to lie to myself that it's some important fucking task that'll see me remembered like a body builder, but because it's enjoyable, and in that joy, i get a sense of value in that moment.

You may also want to get help, this mentality you have is extremely destructive. If nothing has any point, the idea that you therefore negate any positive outcome for yourself is destructive.

read it

Because you and i are both human and no matter how much we understand existence, biology, the universe etc. we are still wired to act like humans and to have desires humans just have.

You are not an outside observer of your existence.

Fucking underrated

KEK

I didn't mean to imply he's a nihilist, I meant to say that he's responding to the the question Nietzsche's nihlism raised for him, which is, if everything is permitted as there are no inherent morals outside of what we create, why should we not commit suicide or murder? It's not that nihlism justifies murder/suicide but that it gives no justification to not murder/commit suicide. As you said, his philosophy (myth of sisyphus) addresses this question. I don't actually know enough about Nietzsche to know what his thoughts are on suicide but I think you're giving Camus an unfair reading by saying he straight up misenterpreted Nietzsche

Also Nietzsche's idea of nihlism does not imply 'do nothing because its pointless', it is recognizing that there is no inherent purpose of anything, not believing the purpose shilled to you, and without teetering into the abyss from the despair of purposelessness and self destruction starting from the foundation up to figure out the right path.
similar to what this user said

To expand upon what this user said, everybody who thinks Nihilism says don't do anything because it's pointless obviously doesn't realize that the Ubermesnch is not some Nazi Aryan concept but the concept made by Nietzsche that basically says rise above traditional morals shilled to you, like the morals of god or the state and create your own morals and become the ultimate human being by defining the moral basis of reality yourself, and purpose, as if you were a god.

Nihilism doesn't say kill yourself because everything is pointless, it says because everything is pointless become the point.

I'm That's the summary i was trying to get at, thanks. You summarized it perfectly to what i was trying to get across.

Life is suffering. You cannot calmly wait for death you will suffer all the way to the end and with any luck you'll be suffering ten times harder when you get there.

So the question is, are you going to waste away or are you going to take your suffering by the balls and enjoy it?

>why do anything

Nietzsche was not a nihilist, his philosophy is built around overcoming nihilism

What's the point in doing anything if you're going to die anyways? May as well just curl up and die since it's a given. Or maybe you could do something that's challenging, something that builds character, something that gives you a chance to experience new things and meet new people and just learn things.

Because I cum everytime I pump. Why would I stop something I like that much ?

pic related

yeh I didn't word that very well in retrospect, by *his* nihilism I meant like his writings on nihilism, understanding of it etc. & that he does renounce inherent morality as moral nihilism does but then builds on from it

lifting weights is fun and how i deal with stress from work

Öykü. A turkish girl.

Hedonism for me.

kek

This

then go die like a bitch

So I can park my dick in a bunch of chicks with daddy issues
then be strong enough to push them around if they get clingy.

>Lifting is suffering and humiliating

Get the fuck out nihilist scum. Do you know how much can be accomplished in a lifetime? Quite a bit.

Quit debating >muh mortality and get off of your un/fit/ neet ass and start living life. JUST DO IT

there are like 10.000 Öykü in Turkey you dingus.

What do you expect from me to say? give her adress? telephone number?
fucking retards.

give her instagram or post more pics so we can fap away.

instagram.com/c00lgril/

>if everything's so pointless, why not end your suffering right now?
Ah yes, the typical braindead argument against nihilism.

How do you know that death is the end?

>muh epic socrates quote
do you even read any of his work? he's clearly a cuck

To show the maker the examplary brilliance of it's creation.

(not theistic: The maker is the universe, observable particles, whatever)

Your whole body is a dynamic biomachine. Why wouldn't you push it to it's limits is a better question, lol?

Life is suffering

So why not suffer more and emotionally/physically super nova to where you don't suffer anymore?

Pain is just weakness leaving the body

I have a shirt that says:

I lie about having shirts with witty fitness quips that get me laid on a Nepalese yoyo blog

>ctrl+F endorph

You guys are actually retarded. I know you don't want to think about neurochemistry, but it's actually really simple: you feel better after a workout.

ENDORPHINESSSSSSSS WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!11

the only thing that keeps me off suicide is improving my body and lifts

I have a shirt that says:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

this

Explain why that is not a logical conclusion? To take any action at all necessitates a value system that gives purpose to the action. The fact that you got up today and didn't off yourself means you have some form of purpose (regardless of how subjective it is).

plebbit go

same here brother

fucking LMAO at passive nihilists

>A nihilist is a man who judges of the world as it is that it ought not to be, and of the world as it ought to be that it does not exist. According to this view, our existence (action, suffering, willing, feeling) has no meaning: the pathos of 'in vain' is the nihilists' pathos — at the same time, as pathos, an inconsistency on the part of the nihilists.

passive nihilism is the ultimate excuse for laziness. it's the low IQ man's attempt to appear intellectual.

different user but has anyone ever actually comitted suicide as the 'logical' conclusion of nihilism? offing yourself by pure reason seems nuts, I feel like that argument never considers the psychological horror in the face of obliterating yourself. I don't know if its even possible

>why expose yourself to such suffering

OP has never felt the post workout mental clarity and euphoria.

Why do you get up in the morning retard? These fucking nihilists sure are invested in this dumb life thing.

It is nuts, that's why no one does it and that's why self-defined nihilists don't fully believe what they claim or don't understand the implications. To exist in a manner that minimizes experience of psychological horror or pain is itself a form of purpose. It's inherent in our biology. I doubt there is any universal purpose to existence, but the problem is people like OP extrapolate that to "every action taken is fundamentally worthless".

I used to think like you and didn't lift or even exercise. Then my body stopped working. Turned out my body more or less wasn't strong enough to do even basic living.

I lift mostly out of necessity and because I know my body works best Veeky Forums. I learned the hard way.

This is the best Pepe I've ever seen, mind if I download it?

>nihilism

With this logic; why do anything? You have to find purpose in life yourself. Nobody can tell you what the point of the game is, you have to find that out for yourself. What do you live for?

Life is a delicate balance, everything is always balancing itself out. I, personally, have always been drawn to truth, justice, the like. I like seeing positivity and growth. It is in my soul, it is my being.

Life is absolutely amazing, the more I ponder it the more magnificent it is. I didn't ask to be here, but I will make the most of it while I am.