Nice weights

Anybody else autistic as fuck about the weights you use? prefer gyms that have certain brands or types of weights? I certainly hate a mishmash of weights or ones that look unaesthetic, but it feels stupid to care about this.

bump

My gym has plates that aren't round. Kind of sucks for deadlifts, but they all match at least. I'm super autistic about the weight trees being orderly, though.

the uni gym I go to has uniform weights, but whenever I visit my parents the grungy gym near their house has been open since forever, so they've got several different brands and shapes of plates. the place is awesome; everyone in there is serious about lifting, but the plate situation has gone unanswered. These things are probably older than me, and some are completely covered in rust and paint. I get psyched out if I have mismatched plates because I feel like the tiny differences in torque on each side of the bar are going to fuck me up.

I have a home gym with mix and match plates so I don't care about how they look or what brand they are. But I do have a whole set of international plates that are 1lbs off from regular ones, so my 45s are actually 44s and since I have the whole set I can just fill in the gaps with smaller plates, but it does bug me since I can't use my other plates without using smaller ones to fill it in. For example if I wanna do two plates I gotta put my 44s, 35s and 11s to fill in the missing 2lbs.

it's all good to me

U mirin faggots?

I have to be completly sure that each pair of plates (one on each side of the barebell) are from the same brand.

I came tbqh.

I only ever use yellow 15's

I only dislike the plates that are one solid disc (i.e. no holes except the middle where the bar goes), makes it hard to carry them around

I hate these ones that take up so much space on the bar

REE
Too colorful
Extra holes really takes away from the aesthetic

I like Troy best because they're easy to hold onto, interlock, and are easy on the eyes

disgusting.

I personally prefer old plates of solid metal that lack anything fancy. In an old gym that smells of sweat and perhaps a wiff of cleaning product. An older gym where generations of men have been sculpted. No fancy cardio or weird machines.

No, you're just autistic

I use the weights regardless of their brand, amount of holes, or color

My gym has two distinctly different sets of plates and I get autistic about mixing them. Like I won't use a 5lb from one set on one side of the barbell and a 5lb from the other set on the other side.

>35 pound pl8s

for what purpose?

Also, why is it impossible to find a 2.5lb pl8 in my gym?

The first truly expendable income I get is going toward Eliko plates.

I like metal plates as well, not too keen on all that other gay shit though

I love 35s. they make load drops so much easier
I wish my gym had more. they've got two pairs of power system bumpers and mismatched metal 35s which
>mismatched
fucking unusable

bland
boring
forgettable
and the aesthetic overall has a tinge of "cheapness" attached to it.

These are weights that I wouldn't be surprised to find at the bottom of a 2nd hand salvage thrift market bin.

My gym has fucking octagon plates, it fucking sucks for dead lifting. Why just not just get normal fucking circular ones?