How do I go from skinny fat to ottermode?

How do I go from skinny fat to ottermode?

>inb4 exercise

5'10 and 210lbs btw

black coffee and smoking

5'10 210 pounds is not skinny fat, it's just fat.

You need to do a cut and get down in the 170 range.

One way to do this that is working for many of us is intermittent fasting. I do the 8/16 diet - this means I pick an 8 hour chunk of my day to eat my three meals and I don't eat the other 16 hours. Some people skip breakfast and start their 8 hours at lunch, but I do my 8 hours usually from 8am to 4pm. The from 4pm to 8am the next day I do not eat. You can of course drink water, black coffee, and black tea, but nothing else. This puts your body into a super fat-burning mode when it reaches hours 12-16 of the fast. You also have to cut soda, extra sugars, and snacks out of your diet. You can't eat 4000 calories in the 8 hour period and expect to lose weight.

This cut will take you roughly 7-10 months to go from 210 to 170. You'll average a 1 to 1.5 pound loss a week.

When you get down to 170, then you can start eating normally again and start working out towards being skinny and fit.

Good luck

In regards to the workouts - I would rec. the Couch to 5k program for running (then the 5k to 10k sequel program), A biking program (there are dozens of them, it's hard to fuck up biking), and a swimming program. You should start all of these slowly.

It may not be a popular opinion, but while you are doing the cut you shouldn't really workout much. It's hard enough on your body losing the weight, getting used to not having as much calories, and eating on such a different schedule.

I was 230 pounds last June. I'm 6ft 1 and 32 years old. I started exercising a great deal but by January I was still at 220. Same thing in May when I was 210 - it was taking forever. I started intermittent fasting the last week of May and am down to 193 pounds. I've cut down on my workouts substantially while I've been losing the weight because it is hard. I've gone down from a size 38 waist to a 34 and continuing to lose weight.

skinnyfat at 5'-10" and 210lb? i'm 5'-10" and 175lb. THAT's skinnyfat. you're obese.

Idk man, skinnyfat is a fucking curse. For the last few months I've been losing weight to get to a good bf% before clean bulking, and while I've been successful and working out, my tits and stomach are still there and it's depressing.

You fag Im 5'10 and 170lb and I have a lot of fat, you are just a fatass

Rethink "skinnyfat" as "fatscrawny".

First and foremost, you're fat. You need to get your eating under control by whatever it takes that works for you
>IF
>one meal a day
>two meals a day
>keto
>myfitnesspal
Obviously, things like swearing off sweets, snacks, and sodas work, and you need to stop eating junk.

Second, your muscles are too small for your body. You need to do resistance training, whatever program you like. I recommend PPLPPLx with an early focus on increasing the resistance each time (linear intensity progression), then get into hypertrophic sets & reps ranges after a month or two.

Also don't run out and buy protein powder. You won't need it until you're lean, in the meantime learn to eat clean and less.

>In regards to the workouts - I would rec. the Couch to 5k program for running (then the 5k to 10k sequel program), A biking program (there are dozens of them, it's hard to fuck up biking), and a swimming program. You should start all of these slowly.
What sort of Swimming program would you recommend?

Not op but I'd like to get back into swimming.

I've been on Keto for 2 weeks is Keto good for getting into Ottermode?

Swimming is awesome. When you first start, you should look into a YMCA or gym that not only has a pool, but offers lessons on how to properly swim. People fuck up freestyle all the time and learning to do it properly will go a very long way.

I don't care much for freestyle because I hate getting water stuck in my ears. I like the breast-stroke and sometimes the butterfly.

Treading water is also great. Start with a minute then next time go for two minutes, etc.

This post is fucking gold

>5'10 and 210lbs btw
I don't think that's skinnyfat. I believe that's just fat.

Other than recommending a split for a beginner

>inb4 exercise
If you werent a fat lazy piece of shit you would have read the sticky and read that a proper diet is 90% of your weight loss success.

I'm 5'11 150Ibs and I still look skinnyfat lmao. 170 is still just fat I'd argue

yeah dude, the muscle mass will just spring up over night

make sure you watch P90x too
you don't have to follow it, just watching it is enough

Ok I should say if I'm looking to lose weight.

5'10 210 is just fat friendo

Literally just try lifting weights properly and consistently for the next 5-6 months and you will lose fat and begin to look "ottermode" or whatever you consider that to be. I wasn't fat but when I started lifting I looked like a healthy survivor of auschwitz and in less than 4 months I brought my bench from 135-205, noob gains are very real and once you start to see them you'll be more motivated towards committing yourself to training harder

Keto probably works in that way in combination with weightlifting 3-4 days per week and some cardio, personally I couldn't do keto right i felt like I was starving myself. If you're looking for something that burns a shitload of fat I would suggest looking up yohimbine hcl, when i was playing college tennis I took that every day for two weeks while doing light cardio (like elliptical shit because it makes you sweat a ton) prior to my pre-season to lose some extra fat- I wasn't very fat to begin with probably like 14-15% and I think it works the best when you're starting around that range but I ended up dropping to 9-10% which was crazy

I'm starting at like 24%.

I would still look it up and see if it could work for you, was definitely the strongest fat burning supp i've ever taken. I'm def not an expert on this I know it's considered to be something that gets rid of stubborn fat (like stomach fat that is hard to get rid of with just diet at like 12-13%) but I don't think it's necessarily useless if you're at 24% and need to lose a lot of fat.

>skinnyfat
>210lbs
Stop lying to yourself, fatty

Put down the fork fatty. Serious though, eat 500-800 under tdee, add HIIT and lift. There you go. Just makes sure to get enough protein and sleep.

>Dosages of 0.2mg/kg bodyweight have been successfully used to increase fat burning without significant implications on cardiovascular parameters like heart rate and blood pressure. This results in a dosage of:

14 mg for a 150lb person

18 mg for a 200lb person

22 mg for a 250lb person

Sounds like it would help.

Does the never ending feeling of hunger ever go away?

This guy knows. Sounds like just what i did. Back in February i was 88kg, went to the gym 3-4 times a week. First thing i did was stop drinking sodas every damn day. Started getting more vegetables for meals etc and developed a better eating habit.

When i hit 77kg it just stopped for a few months, and then i found Intermittent Fasting in July. Now im down to 72kg and been the leanest ive been for the last 10 years. (pretty flexible with IF but generally i go for 20:4. I haven't counted macros at all either.)

>It may not be a popular opinion, but while you are doing the cut you shouldn't really workout much

It's not a popular opinion, because it's stupid. Beginner lifters can AND WILL increase their lean body mass while cutting if they lift weights and cut. People who cut without lifting invariably look fucking disgusting when they finish their cut. Every fucking time, they end up looking like somebody poured molten ballistics gel over a skeleton. People who lift while cutting look infinitely better when they reach goal weight, and are well on their way to being aesthetic.

i mean, i guess since you don't have any muscle mass, to be considered lean/ottermode at your height, you're gonna need to start some body weight shit, and cut down to a 10% BMI

Alright I was basically the same position as you and I'll give the easiest and most painless way to do this.

First cut out as much sugar as you can from your diet. This is a huge contributor to weight gain. Swap out sodas and juice for water. Cut back on sweets. Depending on your situation you might see drastic weight loss initially just from that in the first week or two. I stopped and dropped 9 lbs in a week.

Second eat proteins with every meal. They leave you feeling satisfied and help cut down on caloric intake. Also drink a glass of water a half hour before a meal. Curbs your hunger and helps you keep portions down. Your meals should generally consist of a protein source (meat, eggs, etc..), a low carb vegetable, and a healthy fat source. Cooking your food in oils like coconut oil/sesame oil/olive oil helps a lot. Butter less so.

Count your calories and try to keep it in the 1500 range. Hardest part of this is just getting in the habit.

And then exercise. You need to burn calories and keep your metabolism up. Your body's metabolism naturally slows in response to weight loss. Exercise 3-4 times a week, find a program that works for you and stick to it. Consistency is a lot more important than how much you can lift or how far you can run. Remember to do warm ups and stretches or you're going to be in miserable soreness for days.

Any one have any suggestions for swimming?

For the past couple of months, I've been pretty set on achieving the great natty physique. Seeing as I've never worked out before, I was elated about how quickly my 1RMs were progressing coming from a skinnyfat 5'9" @ 150lb physique:

June: 0.1 / 0.6 / 0.9 / 1.1. Weight: 150 lb
August: 0.7 / 1.1 / 1.5 / 2.0. Weight: 150 lb

I'd expect that in less than a couple years I could achieve 1/2/3/4. However, I've began to really ponder whether being some massive/aesthetic gymrat is what I want to become. I didn't get into working out to achieve that initially - it was after being persuaded by the overall consensus here.

An intimidating build with stoic facial features is contrary to my first and somewhat pathetic wish for a toned twink bod (pic related) - one I'd be much more comfortable being flirtatious with.
>yes homo

So, how do I go about achieving this now? Do I continue to progress in my strength training, eating at maintenance, and gaining muscle until the newbie gains ware off? Or do I begin to cut now to a lower %bf? If it's the latter option, please specify what %bf i need to cut to in order to achieve pic related.

>skinny fat
>5'10 210 lbs
nigga ur just a fatass

>5'10
>210lbs
>skinnyfat

Nigga you are just fat

Just started moving my fat ass
been looking on this bored for literally this
Thx senpai

Do 16:8 IF...read leangains.com.
BF% is just a number no one cares about, just like your max lifts. Just get stronger / cut down until you feel happy.