Who here /sober/?

Who here /sober/?

Do you do it for the gains?
Do you do it because you dont care of alcohol?
Do you do it because you love alcohol too much?

Quit pot mushrooms and alcohol its been 2 months and so far it seem like the biggest mistake ive ever made but i want to give it a full year before i consider going back

Nah I get drunk like once a month but that's the only time i drink

Used to get trashed and shoot heroin. Stopped because I was gonna die if I didn't.

Loss of gains is the most telltale sign that I'm getting fucked up again.

Quitting drugs has the biggest "mistake" of your life? Give it some more time man, the feeling of better gains as a result is completely worth it, but that doesn't mean you have to quit cold turkey.

I sober, choose to be because of all the reasons you listed. I'm loving it. Almost 2 years now.

Fuck you
Who here /drunk/
And losing gains... And feeling like shit

I stopped drinking and smoking pot july 1 because I decided that's not who I really want to be anymore.

Didn't really have a problem with either, only drank 2-4 nights a month and smoked 3-4 nights a week before bed. After a not-even-that-shitty hangover, I just decided that I don't really have to feel like this ever again if I don't drink, so I stopped.

Started going to the gym before work 3x a week and I am determined to never miss a workout. If I drink I know I won't be able to do my best. I might smoke weed again but so far I haven't had the compulsion to.

My friends have been supportive and it's even inspired a few to take a break for 30 days just to see if they can do it. Quitting has been easy.

Now I just need to find a way to deal with social anxiety without self medicating...

Not alcohol, but after 6 months of consistent oxy & percoxet use, I realized how much it was affecting my gains & my pockets; it's rather hard to do heavy squats the morning after taking 45mg of oxy the previous night.

I don't drink because:
1. I'm a cheap fuck, and I feel liquor is just expensive for the calories. I'd rather eat more meat
2. I don't care for the taste of most, beyond a few sips
3. I usually have to be the smarter guy of the group and wrangle everyone in, and act as DD
4. I refuse to make super dumbfuck decisions if I'm hammered.

Realised alcohol only made me more depressed ultimately, not less

I just don't like alcohol. My only reaction to 99% of adversity is anger, not sadness or depression, so I don't need to drink my feelings away.

I didn´t drink any alcohol for 2 years, 8 months 24 days and 4 hours.
>Do you do it for the gains?
To some extend.
>Do you do it because you dont care of alcohol?
I don´t see any benefit in drinking alcohol.
>Do you do it because you love alcohol too much?
No.

im trying to stay strong and get my shit together ive been nearly perpetually high for about 10 yrs since i started so young. Im giving it all i can but life often feels hopeless as fuck without drugs and drinks.

The social anxiety is the worst part, after a consistent year and a half of smoking weed everyday partially to cope with my abysmal social skills at the time, I finally stopped & boy was it hard to try interacting with people for quite some time. But it's been 2 years now with only one slip up mostly because I was drunk, and I never want to go back.
>WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT user

i moved to a new city a year ago and only have about 3 friends here. Something about being here makes me shell up like a fucking clam around new people.

I've tried phenibut and it works great for socializing but you shouldn't take it more than a couple times a month. And it's probably a 'drug' so it doesn't count as being sober if you're truly a sober person.

You're going to make it man, find someone to talk to when you want to smoke the first. Just start lifting more man, get to the point where you don't want you smoke or drink because you're afraid of it affecting your gains.

Quit drinking, smoking and smoking pot cold turkey.
Got back in the gym.
I was trying to not have to think about anyone or anything.
Then I decided that through my absolute rejection of everything, I was rejecting myself. I had let the world and others affect me so much that I had become detrimental to myself.
I was doing what they want.
I want to do what I want.

Thanks bro ive been abke to keep my self in the gym even when i was high all the time im just hoping without the drugs and drinks ill be able get more out of my workouts

Don't smoke though
Not smoke for your own good

I know a guy
Real cool guy. He wants to run a marathon. He's in real good shape but at best he can do a half.
Reason why not is because he smokes.

You can smoke and lift, but don't pretend it doesn't hamper your potential

I said I quit smoking. I quit everything. All drugs, booze cigarettes.
They are not essential to my goals.

Oh I thought you were saying your rejection was bullshit
Carry on.

Thank you.
You too brother.

I need to get sober. I've made terrible mistakes in my life. Criminal mistakes. Booze was behind it all. But I'm an alcoholic. I can't help it.