Diabetic diet

I'm a fat fuck, around 320 lbs i think? 127kg to be exact as i dont know lbs too well. But, i've started losing weight, i've lost 21 kg in the past 3 months (now 127kg). A few weeks back i was diagnosed as diabetic, i have a scheduled meeting with a dietist (diet therapist ig?) this week, but i'd like to her what you Veeky Forums would recommend for a healthy diabetic diet, i've laid off a great amount of sweets/sugar filled substances and am down on butterscotches and watered down squash, idk its a juice we have over here, i used translate to translate it into squash. atm i just want to lose weight and i dont have time to hit the gym (yet).

Other urls found in this thread:

intensivedietarymanagement.com/
intensivedietarymanagement.com/category/patient-testimonials/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>127kg
>lost 21kg
>now 127kg

Low carb, moderate protein, high fat.

look into fasting by Jason Fung. he cures diabetes.

are you stupid?

yes

oh god that image please no

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is fucking epic man.

As another user pointed out, as a diabetic you definitely need to check out Dr. Jason Fung. He's a nephrologist in Canuckistan that has been pioneering the use of fasting regimens to treat type 2 diabetes, either completely reversing it or significantly improving the patient's insulin sensitivity.

Personally over the last 13 years I've been helping fat fucks lose metric tons of weight through the use of fasting and have seen all of the diabetics I've helped get off ALL of their medications and restore perfectly normal insulin sensitivity.

My typical program involves a 2 week fast followed by two weeks of refeeding. During the refeeding period you will want to test your blood sugar in the morning and your blood sugar response to meals.

If these tests indicate you still need more work then repeat the two-week fast, and two week re-feed. It is important to keep in mind that fasting does temporarily decrease insulin sensitivity to some degree and that you should base your decision to repeat the fast on the results from the second week of the two week refeed.

During your refeed you can keep the progress moving forward by utilizing a 16:8 feeding schedule. Furthermore eat whole real foods that are close to the source of the food as possible. i.e. chicken breasts from the meat department instead of Tyson's chicken tenders. A good rule of thumb is to only eat from the perimeter of the store. If it's in the aisles and not a spice, oil, or frozen veg then you can get away with not using it.

One thing to note: If you do decide to fast, then DO NOT take any insulin, metformin, or blood glucose control medications they may prescribe. Taking them while fasting can lead to hypoglycemic events that are life threatening.

You went this long with uncontrolled blood sugar, a few more months of elevated blood sugar while you fast won't fucking kill you.

so great to hear this, I thought dr Fung was not so popular. i'm not diabetic but still following his advices

He's not popular. He's quite controversial in the field and his advice and treatment has been labeled as extremely dangerous by many people. (people with interests in not treating diabetes)

The simple truth is that some of the oldest texts in regards to diabetes comes from the romans and greeks. Sweet Urine, where it gets it's name was universally treated with periods of fasting until the urine was no longer sweet.

In fact up until the isolation of insulin which saved type1 lives the typical treatment course for "adult diabetes" was an extremely low carbohydrate diet.

Then because of a lack of understanding of the differentiation between the two syndromes the medical community made a correlation.

>childhood diabetes is associated with high levels of blood sugar. Giving them exogenous insulin lowers that blood sugar. Exogenous insulin saved their lives
>Type 2 diabetics have high blood sugar.
>therefore: Lets give them insulin.

Type 2 diabetes is fundamentally different in that your cells are resistant to the insulin your pancreas is producing. They're resistant to it because there's always sugar and there's always insulin. So by fasting or eating a low carb diet you remove that constant stimulus and increase insulin sensitivity.

The hope that you should have is that your pancreas' beta cells are still functioning properly. Because they can burn out from having to produce so much insulin. If this has occured then no amount of fasting will cure your diabetes entirely. This state is quite unlikely unless your diabetes has been out of control for a very extended period of time.

just read intensivedietarymanagement.com/

I would recommend not listening to what the morons on this board say, and especially do not do what the turbo-quack Fung says. Most people do not even understand diabetes. Go to an actual diabetologist and a trained dietician. The most important thing is to lose weight.

>the most important thing is to lose weight
>don't listen to Fung who's advice is gaurenteed to lose weight

All these people are morons then?
intensivedietarymanagement.com/category/patient-testimonials/

fuck the dietician and do keto.

>
Actually, there's a story to that, i should have included. I lost 14kg before i went to the hospital (i was in ketoacidosis), in the hospital i gained another 5, when i got out i lost them in a week, then i lost 2k this week, for a total of 21 this month, but if you subtract i've only really lost 14 kg, sorry about that.

>he's extremely dangerous

To the interests of big pharma trying to pump everyone full of drugs, and big agriculture, trying to pump everyone full of wheat, corn, and soy.

Thanks! Going to the hospital fucked up my rhythm, cause i started working out the day before i went into keto then to the hospital, so now im trying to get everything in order before i begin possibly working out again.

I'll give Fung a read and maybe a try as well, as i'm not sure if i'm ready to fast again. (I was fasting in June), but thanks for the advice.
will do
I'm seeing a dietitian this week.

Also sorry, i was in class, so i couldn't respond, thanks for the feedback, i'll look into it guys!

16 kg* oops