Reading catholic subleddit

>reading catholic subleddit
>post about whether or not protestants are saved
>prevailing opinion is that they are not saved by default
>later, reading the jefferson bible
>miss the part where jesus talks about dressing like a pimp and swinging around a holy hookah

is there any scripture that indicates catholic practices/traditions as prerequisite for being "saved"? the catholic argument seemed to be that protestants may be saved because they are faithful but ignorant of the importance of the observance of catholicism and not deliberately rebelling against god, and god has more mercy for the former

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra_Ecclesiam_nulla_salus
youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8
youtube.com/watch?v=oTo2wbfvT9E
youtube.com/watch?v=KHcf3E8qOqA
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Sweden
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/56
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>reading the Jefferson Bible
You missed a whole lot more than that, user.

Catholics aren't Christian

im sick of that guy too, i really am

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra_Ecclesiam_nulla_salus

the catholic argument is a millennium old, why bother arguing against centuries of christian theologians and expects?

>expects
experts*

Tru, only us orthodox bros wearing crowns and cloaks of pur gold know true humility in the face of God.

Make sure you visit /r/Catholicism and NOT /r/Catholic, the second subreddit (/r/Catholic) is run by anti-Catholic trolls.

Incense my dude

>atheists can be saved but protestants can't
This is your brain on popery

/r/catholicism is crazy, they are litteraly in favor of a catholic sharia but cry about being discriminated because they can't do it.

Heathens versus heretics.
One can be converted, the other can be slaughtered til they convert.
Basic nation building really

>Detailed Documentary Exposing Catholic Church (8 hours)
youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8

>The Jesuit Agenda Exposed
youtube.com/watch?v=oTo2wbfvT9E

>The Real Bible Version Issue
youtube.com/watch?v=KHcf3E8qOqA

>The Catholic and Islamic Connection
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms

Roman Catholicism = Satanic
The Poop = Antichrist

What do you mean?

They're really nice people.

this
fuck c*thoholics

The absolute state of christcuckery

Are you that crazy proddy who was spamming Kent Hovind in a thread recently?

>They let him get away with this post

Why does Veeky Forums have unironic Evangelicals?

Why wouldn't it? We have Muslims here.

Because some people in this board aren't retarded atheists or catholic larpers.

Some of us actually believe in Biblical facts.

>Lutherans inviting pedophiles into their Church

Looks like the schism is mended boys

I am a protestant and I think we can all agree that Lutherans should be purged.

>Biblical facts.

>I am a protestant

Plz no bulli

Lutherans are the only protestants who aren't absolute retard tier. Speaking about High Church European Lutherans obviously, I'm not sure Americans even qualify as humans regardless of their denomination.

>be a christian
>get enslaved for hundreds of years
>whine about jews
>have every empire we built crumble simultaneously
Christians are a cancer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Sweden

Is it worth converting to Orthodoxy if you're not a native russian / greek / romanian / serbian / bulgar etc?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/56

I've converted in my mind surely that counts

>catholic is also a redditor
No suprise there tbqh

Islam doesn't count

Kek

There are some crazies there who think democracy is bad yeah.

This kills the proddie
>Therefore, brothers, stand firm and cling to the traditions we taught you, whether by speech or by letter.

>prevailing opinion is that they are not saved by default
Nobody is saved by default
>reading the jefferson bible
lol

>is there any scripture that indicates catholic practices/traditions as prerequisite for being "saved"?
There is if you read what Christians were saying for the first few hundred years (which is unsurprisingly more or less what the Catholic Church and the various Eastern Churches still practice), but you're running off of the initial assumption that every single aspect of Christian belief must have an explicit scriptural basis.

>He claims while perverting/exterminating thousands of years of European tradition

>you're running off of the initial assumption that every single aspect of Christian belief must have an explicit scriptural basis.
why wouldn't i?

P*pists proving yet again they are the perpetual enemies of our nation
You cannot be both a patriot and Catholic

Whats so special and wrong about the jefferson bible? Is it true he took a bible and "secularised" it?

sort of. he was trying to isolate the philosophy of jesus himself and boiled the entire bible down to just his teachings. so it's more a philosophy book than a religious text.

Because you don't have an explicit scriptural basis for doing so.

If you read this post thoughtfully and carefully, you will discover the fatal flaw at the heart of Protestantism.
According to Protestants, every doctrine must be found in scripture. This is illogical, however, for several reasons.
1) The Protestant theory of interpretation is not found in scripture. How do we interpret the Bible? Ask that to any Protestant and they will say, "You just read it and it means what it plainly says." The problem with that approach (which is called the historical grammatical approach) is that it isn't advocated in the New Testament. Further, the New Testament authors used a Midrashic form of interpretation when quoting the Old Testament -- i.e. they allegorized and found the "hidden meaning" behind the text they quoted (for example in Psalm 8 when quoted in Hebrews or in Isaiah 9 when quoted in the Gospels).

2) The canon of scripture is nowhere mentioned in scripture, therefore it can't be a doctrine that this or that book is inspired but this or that book isn't.

>r/catholicism has a literal faggot with autism as a mod
The absolute state of Papists.

You cannot be a patriot and a christian in general desu. The religion is universalist and one in which you're in the same boat as with other Christians.

>Damn dat little boy has got a fine ass, I'ma get all up in his guts t. Jesus

Damn, Protestantism BTFO

Non-meme answer: The catechism states that Protestants are Christians, but there is no salvation outside the church.

But Lumen Gentium also says they can be mystically united to the Church. So they can be saved, but only because of their connection to the Catholic Church -- a connection which they might be wholly unaware of during this life.

why should i put any stock in the catholic catechism? my faith is based on what's written in the holy bible

The Holy Bible which was canonized and entrusted to the Church -- the same Church the Holy Spirit now leads.
It makes no sense to say you trust the Scriptures without saying you also trust the Church from which they came.

That's against Catholic doctrine. If you're a protestant that's fine, but the catechism is the official Catholic Doctrine

Wrong, read the bible 1 Timothy 5:8 Acts 17:26

basically I don't like miracles therefore I can't have them in a book which the original contains them

That would considered very sectarian if it situated on the physical church, than the universal.

>is there any scripture that indicates catholic practices/traditions as prerequisite for being "saved"?

I actually know the answer to this, but I'm going to butcher it though:
1 Samuel 15:
"Samuel said, "Has the LORD as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams."
The context of this was Saul is being denounced by Samuel because Saul was supposed to completely destroy the Amalekites, not pillage them for the sake of plunder, but utterly exterminate them because that's what God commanded him to do.
Saul thought everything was fine with God because he did all the right rituals, so who cares as long as he did the necessary sacrifices and filled out the paper work to God, right?
Wrong. Samuel berates and lectures Saul that God doesn't really give as much of a shit about ritual as he does about INTENTION, CONVICTION, PURPOSE, he's trying to impart the importance of MOTIVE and so forth- God is all seeing, all knowing, he isn't a lawyer, he isn't a bureaucrat, he doesn't fucking care about your technicalities.

Tldr; God most likely doesn't give a shit about the differences in Catholic or Christian religion so long as they're following the intention of his words, commandments, etc.. Morality is more important than Ritual.
That's my understanding of it at least.