/plg/

Powerlifting general.

I hope everyone's training is going well :)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/get-started/programs
youtube.com/watch?v=Jq8--LPRUgE
youtu.be/JPLXghqms8Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>glutes are on fire during squats today despite not doing squat mornings
Explain this

Recommend a program for a college student with a barbell and rack in his room with no job, I currently just do sets of five and study between the 20 minute rests, repeating until it is time for bed

Lifts?

100kg squat, 80kg bench 120kg dead, been lifting for about 6 weeks

Starting Strength, don't forget to eat. Run it as written and go through each phase. startingstrength.com/get-started/programs

>not doing squat mornings
I can believe this. Not today, but one day.

I've posted recent videos in a circle jerk chat with some of the trips. I promise that it's practically gone now.

Yes.

Just won a bench only competition on Saturday, lads. Is single lift meet the most comfy?

Also who is this girl holy thicc

thoughts?

Yup. IPL bench worlds in 5 weeks.

>mfw 5 rounds of 25 kettlebell swings is more exhausting than the rest of the workout

Anyone have the non-cucked version of this?

>He doesn't thicc to proper depth

Best I could find rn.

upvoted

Thicc

ive got the largest cock here

prove it baby boy

haha good one pajeet haha

lol fagits!

Sauce on grill?

>tfw no train since april
Feels batman

You are working out in the evening,

Best 2 or 3 day squat routine I can add to my upper body work? I'm considering TM with +2.5kg a week just because it's tried and tested but are there any other methods?

I front squat for sport reasons but its 90kg 3rm right now, I want that to reach 3pl8. LP doesn't work anymore.

TM is good, c6w is also good (but it depends on how much upper body volume you're doing, can make it difficult to recover fully for the first 2 weeks), if LP just stopped you can do the 3x beg squat routine from 28 free and that should still work for a while.

You just need to eat more

thots*

I cant wait to bully the normies at my uni gym this semester

>be training
>attractive female in gym also training
>we're all doing our olympic weightlifting shit, snatches, clean and jerk, ect...
>dog from the building next door who usually comes around every couple of days to say hello comes in through open garage door
>attractive female is setting up for snatch
>dog sticks his nose straight in her asshole and starts sniffing

mfw watching this occur

>ywn be that dog

I am adding abs to SS

A
Squat
OHP
Deadlift/back extensions
Leg raises
(i really want to put culrs 4 the girls here)

B
Squat
Bench
Back extensions/power cleans
Chin ups

Comments ?

Ab work is probably fine, just don't kill yourself on it. If you want to work arms you can try doing light cardio and some vanity arm exercises on rest days. Again, just don't kill yourself.

mein gottttttt

she saw the cam lol

did you get a bonner

that's what makes it so hot she sees the camera and purposely shows off her phat fucking ass and tits IM SO HARD

>just don't kill yourself on it.
Just gonna do like 3 sets of leg raises until 2 reps away from failure. Or maybe do some weighted sit ups, 3 sets of 5-8 or whatever.

Sheiko int high load or 3 day 80kg+ just for squats is unironically fantastic.

>go to the gym on rest days just to do 4 sets of curls

Just fucking superset them with abs or pressing or even squat/deadlift warm ups honestly you retards are so afraid of the easiest bitch movements. I guarantee you nobody has ever even noticed a difference to their recovery with 4 sets of DB curls 3 times a week. Do as many curls and reverse flies as you want, it'll make your elbows and shoulders healthier, you'll look better, there are NO downsides except maybe you use less weight on chins because you did curls right before them but you're going to see a the same decrease in chin strength from the tricep work involved in benching than you will from doing 4 sets of db curls.

You think they fugged afterwards? [spoiler]I need more.[/spoiler]

obviously it was staged and she was in on it you autists

So guys I'm running the texas method and today would be the new pr-day.

Because I'm a unifag and work part time as a nightguard to pay for it I just slept around two hours this night.
If I go to bed now though I fuck up my schedule really bad.

The question is do I just push through the workout today? Or do I sleep up properly so I can hit those new pr's? I don't think much will be possible with just two hours.
Anyone has any experience?

Sleep then do it tomorrow.

So when I unrack the bar for squats I take a breath and brace right. Then I do the walkout. At this point do I descent with the same breath as I took for the unracking or do I exhale, and breathe in again?

*BBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP*

I take another breath usually.

Got no idea what race this is, just gonna call it American Tbh

>Texas method
>Squats feel awful but form is fine and are somehow progressing
>Deadlifts are progressing ok too
>Bench progress is less smooth
>Ohp is completely fucking stuck
I've tried more sets, more reps, less sets, less reps on volume day but my fucking ohp refuses to improve. What do?

Sounds like not enough pressing at all.

I usually breath in, stand up walk out and set my stance, breath out, then breath in and get tight before I squat. For me personally it feels like I can't keep tight if I move around after I breathed in.

How should I fix this

I'm going to give you one exactly one guess to type the exact two words I would have replied with if I didn't type this instead. Don't think too hard.

Sure, press more. But as I said I've tried pressing more on volume day. How should I add in even more pressing into my routine

It's probably time to hop off TM for upper body. If you're alternating bench and OHP equally, you probably need to bench weekly and add OHP somewhere else. There just naturally comes a point where peaking weekly is no longer sustainable though.

Is training triceps the secret to getting stronger at bench?

Any program in particular that goes well when spliced with TM?

2 8 F R E E

F
R
E
E

oops

youtube.com/watch?v=Jq8--LPRUgE

Breh, dude looks aesthetic as fuck too

>sumo

Like to see you DL 4 times your bw :')

did it when I fugged your mom last night

my fucking cat just shat all over the sealing
now i gotta clean this shit up

hahahahhaha
haha
hahahah
its funny cause cats cant go on the sealing
I get it

it's spelt ceiling idiots

and how the fuck does a cat shit on the ceiling?

doesnt this guy clearly looks on roids?

During this week, I felt fatigue creeping in increasingly.
Today, intensity day, my workout was tired and sluggish.

In order to have a good intensity day again next friday, how should i dissipate the fatigue that i accumulated?

youtu.be/JPLXghqms8Y

frog what the fugg

so this is what oly fags programming is like? if panzer had told us how fun it was I would have switched ages ago

wtf is he doing ? is he crazy?

Fuck off frog with your thinly-veiled suicide attempt

Also you better get your ass to the hardware store and get a drywall repair kit before your grandpa kicks your ass

>tfw frog is next after rich piana

Just got to my lifts from 2 years ago when after 4 months I dld 160kg and 140kg for reps and didnt think about my form at all. Everyone who "knew" something back than told me my form is shit and I have to do it diffrently

looking back at it now it was actually not bad, better for my build and dling was much easier

>Doing a cut
>sticking to starting strength program to preserve gains.
>At the point where my lifts are failing one by one.
>Deloading

Feels bad.

>finishes by breaking the drywall

Perfect form. Do you compete in crossfit?

>tfw you break grandpas drywall

kek saved

>that hand position at the end

he kind of looks live jason genova

How quickly can you expect strength to drop when cutting? Any way to mitigate the feels?

friendly reminder that froggy is now 200lbs

hes a big gui (4u)

You'll lose a bit as soon as you start and then after that you shouldn't lose much at all.

190lb

dont listen to anyone who says everyone should have x form on y lift

Everyones form will be different depending on build as long as they keep the same principles of the lift

>tried tucking my shoulders into my lats excessively for the first time today doing squats
>the barbell feels much lighter
>literally playing with it

i feel kinda happy

>shoulders
i meant elbows obv

Probably because your upper back isn't collapsing.

yeah I think so
I have always disregarded upper back in squats like a true mong, but now I see it's actually important after a year of lifting lmao

Should I stick with the program as written and just expect to fail more often? How can I better retain strength on a cut?

It really depends on how much weight you're losing and how fast. If you're trying to cut from 200lbs to 190 you shouldn't lose much strength at all, but if you're trying to cut a whole weight class, you'll probably lose some unless you continue to gain proficiency in your lifts. I'd advise you to do something more like Lyle Mcdonald's generic bulking routine so that you can autoregulate the number of sets while keeping intensity high. Obviously doing 9 near maximal squat sets a week is really killing your recovery on your cut, so it's time to (((cut))) that frequency or volume down a bit.

I started at 208, trying to get to 170. I will look at this new program. I am still not sure what you mean by "much strength at all". I can just barely squat 2plate at the moment and have started to fail.

I mean like your lifts drop initially because you don't have the energy to hit maximal effort movements and then you maintain for a while if you're cutting excess fat and improving your body composition.

I took a peek at the Generic Bulk program. Are you saying I should start adding a bunch of exercises and focus on more reps? Or are you saying I should start pyramiding down my work sets so I can complete them better?

Oh I totally forgot to tell you the part where Lyle explains how to adapt the routine for cutting if you can't handle the volume. My bad. Throw that into google. Also the routine isn't as simple as you think it is, if you read the whole pdf there's information about how to adapt it into cycles and whatnot. It's pretty badly organised though and most of the questions are kinda useless or self explanatory.

I miss sean. I wish I could speak to him one last time, and tell him how I truly feel.

Glutes not cued properly = loss of stability in hole = hips shoot = squat morning

Glutes cued properly = no squat morning

Glute burn is function of them working.

your weight is centered on your heels

t. sean