/fat/ - the cat wants you to stop Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For fatfucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com
>Join the /fat/ Discord
discord.gg/VkBqy5p

previous fat -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwH3rA8Evow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/fph/ will always be superior to /fat/

Sorry butter guzzlers

They are entirely different. I go to both. FPH reminds me of the bullets I've dodged. I got hit by diabeetus, but it's a small price to pay compared to the shit on there.

I’m digging these cat OPs

It's time my child. Yes, it's time for your daily confession.

CONFESS.

>Not understanding that FPH is where people from /fat/ go to find motivation to keep working at it.

Never gonna make it.

Had riced cauliflower today and it was fucking delicious. Have always hated cauliflower but decided to try it out cause i need to work in more veggies on keto. God damn, I've been missing out completely. Also went to get fitted for my new work uniform today. Apparently i fit into fucking medium shirts and 34 pants. Down from XL and 40 pants. I'm so happy. Ignore me, sorry.

What is the actual need for this general? I lost 5lbs in a week by just not eating. Do you really need that much strategy to lose weight? All the advice here just boils down to eating less. Who cares if I'll be a DYEL in the end. I'll be thinner and that's all I want.

I’m back up to 130. Moving to Ireland on Saturday, going away party tomorrow. I guess I’ll get back on track Saturday...

>I lost 5lbs in a week by just not eating.

Water weight dude.

stop creating non wojak fat threads OP for fucks sake

>TFW you can stop the cravings by reminding yourself just how miserable you feel in your day to day being a gargantuan fat fuck.

5 minutes of pleasure is not worth a lifetime of misery brothers.

Why does every day feel like a week? Will this shit stop?

Exactly.

I ate dinner. Then I stumbled upon a festival with tons of food stalls, and debated eating something there. When will the opportunity arise to try these foods again?

I looked at everything there, and focused on the fact that I had just eaten and that nothing at this festival would really be a significant culinary experience.

It felt good to reject something I had started out attempting to justify.

enjoy it

"Eat less, exercise more" is good common sense but it's awful advice.

Actual weight loss needs motivation, a goal, and a plan for sustainable diet and exercise changes. That's what this thread is about.

I stopped seeing my weight loss therapist because I felt like I had it under control.

Did I fuck up?

Have you fucked up yet? If you do, will you go back to therapy?

>Lost five pounds
>I know everything about weight loss!
Plenty of studies have shown that losing weight with a community increases your chances of success. This is just a good place to talk about your diet with other people who are on the same path.

Not yet, but yeah if I start feeling apathetic and depressed again I'll go.

I'm feeling a lot happier and in control as it stands though.

Then why are you here you fat faggot?

This is going to sound autistic as hell but some of the best weight loss discussion I've ever had was on Veeky Forums. You fuckers really got me back on my feet.

Funnily enough most of it was on /r9k/ of all places.

>so close to hitting my goal of sub 180 lbs
>trying to do 10 lbs per month

I want to look decent by the time my 1 year anniversary of my ex breaking up with me hits. I need that god damn change in my life. I want to go further than that but I don't want to break my body.

Rate my macros /fat/. how is my diet?

I relapsed and ate a large portion of orange chicken from the local chinese place after school.

Not gonna make it boys.

pull it together man we're all gonna make it. own up to that shit and work out afterwards.

Today I hit my goal weight of 80kg. Such an amazing feeling even though I only came down from 95kg. Took me exactly 8 months.

I think I will set my new goal weight to 75kg but I know its going to take a while. Any advise guys? So far I have not plateau once so I think my calorie intake is pretty good.

Didn't take any before and after pictures which I regret but I can see the difference myself.

My gf came back out here for her next semester and I surprised her with a large double bacon, extra chest pizza and some jalapeño bacon cheesy bread. She said I'm an asshole for bringing her bacon (her kryptonite) and them we split everything. We ate, we fugged and cuddled. Somehow I still came in under my TDEE for the day but I still felt so dirty.

y so little?

>day 3 of

Hey /fat/ what are some good snacks for in between meals? Right now I'm having some fruit but I'd like to raise my protein and drop my carb count a bit right. Only thing is I fucking hate beef for some reason don't ask me why, so anything with beef is out of the question

>beef
>snack
are you american?

tuna brudda

Nuts.

I'm cutting since i'm sedentary, i'm not interesting into getting natty at the moment.

Yes

A snack in between meals? How about a fucking glass of water?

I eat a very late dinner because I travel far for work and if I'm not fucking starving to death on my way home it's easier to stick to the plan

Okay so water and a caffeine pill and a shut the fuck up.

>been eating 1400-1500 kcals daily this week
>increased the weight of one of my lifts
>scale says my weight hasn't changed
God damn it.

ice cream sandwiches and chocolate milk
now quit whining

Something easily portioned, like a string cheese or a handful of nuts.

Snacking isn't a bad idea just because it isn't IF. His not wanting to come home ravenous and eat everything in sight is a solid solution to a real problem.

how many of you do weekly weigh-ins on Friday? I'm ready to go

I do mine on mondays, post results though!

>Snacking isn't a bad idea just because it isn't IF.
back the fuck up
who mentioned IF?

I'm nervous about tomorrow. I'm lifting at the same time I'm cutting, so if I ever increase my lifts (which I did this week), the scale just says I didn't lose much, or possibly even gained weight.

I know that's par for the course and makes sense, but it's still discouraging.

Nobody. I brought it up because that's the only conceivable reason I could think of to be against snacking.

If you aren't fasting or doing IF or OMAD, why would it matter when you get your calories as long as you are eating at a deficit?

unironically starving myself for aesthetics.

feels terrible mentally, but I look fucking Joocy in the gym mirrors. Striations are visible in good lighting now.

Ran 2 miles for the first time in years today. Celebrated with chiken tendys.

Was it on a hamster wheel?
coz that's where you are right now

i feel really inspired to lose weight now. not because i want to get big, fuck hot chicks, get my oneitis, make it for zyzz, make it for some relative who died so that i could honor their memory. Im just tired of being fat.
losing weight will help my anxiety too I guess

>start to plataeu, weight stops moving for a few days then starts to climb back up by 0.1kg or so each morning, start eating less in response
>stay at 68.1 for a few days, then 67.5, then back
>decide its time for a monthly takeaway, arrives at 23:00, large fish and chips followed by a slice of cheesecake, more calories in one meal than I eat in a day, wolf it down, regret, feel bloated etc etc
>next morning monster shit ensues, measure at 10:00
>dropped to 67.1

Well ok, I wish I had a deeper understanding of how weight fluctuations work

you have ridiculous expectations my man
you'll be you, but smaller
that's it

precisely why I stopped weighing myself
I'm more content to see 4 or 5 pounds every few months than nothing for weeks

>Intermittent fasting might benefit you
>so might occasionally fasting for a day
>work out a meal plan
>you can lose a 15kg a lot quicker than 8 months if you want to push yourself, eat less exercise more
>learn how to season food or you'll want to kill yourself from monotomy

>tfw lost 25 pounds
5 more to go until normal BMI

>lost 170lbs
>don't even care
dunno why I keep coming back here

Before and after pics

unsee
.cc/musaroti

I know I'm a skinnyfat mess now, but getting Veeky Forums was never my intention

>what is beef jerky

get fucked pleb

are you american too?
I've never seen a shop that sells jerky here

I mean I'm still 1500 under TDEE,

I literally just ate the tendies and some eggs for breakfast.

Man, I'm in Japan and they have beef jerky in every convenience store. Where are you, India?

>somehow mistaking /fph/ for /fat/

stay retarded, friendo

keep a food log. as soon as you struggle to lose weight, that's when you should see your therapist.

they can help with the plateau.

you having doubts that you can make it without someone holding your hand?

that's not a jab at you, it's just that support won't always be there
if you can't make it alone, you can't make it

Even without IF you'd probably be more satisfied adding those calories into your meals than snacking throughout the day

fat fucks

He's not talking about snacking throughout the day, he's talking about one snack to curb hunger so that he doesn't overeat at dinner.

Is this really a new concept to you guys?

I didn't have to eat this gift cookie, but I did anyway.

I'm Irish. Hi.

318 today, same as yesterday, v7lbs from start.

No treadmill today, 61.4mi total.

>lose fat
>build muscle
>be surprised weight has not changed

>be me
>weigh 400 lbs (395)
>go to China for reasons
>go to inland Chinese city where it's incredibly rare to see foreigners
>everyone staring and taking pictures
>more curious than disgusted
>walking a ton every day
>eating less
>shirt that would occasionally flash my gut as I walked now fits better

So a lot of points to talk about, but the main point should be that just living in a city like this, where you walk at least three miles everyday and food is of a much higher quality in much smaller portions, has helped out my weight immensely. Since I'm so big and losing weight would be a life-changing thing, I'm thinking of moving to a big city. I have the finances and education/Jon experience to go through with it.

Should I?

Weight loss alone really doesn't seem like a good enough reason to move, but if you have the means, do what's best for you.

There's no reason not to, but don't think moving a magically change you.

I expected a magic change when I moved to a city in Japan, and I only got fatter (until I started putting in conscious effort).

So if you want to live in a city because you like city living, do that. But if you want to live in a city to help you lose weight, don't do that.

Hey, user, I think I asked you this before, but didn't get an answer: What's the Japanese attitude towards fatties? Do they really get shamed a lot?

youtube.com/watch?v=wwH3rA8Evow
Worth the watch if you're wondering

I mean, in my personal experience nobody has said anything negative to me except a few punk teenagers. Some people commented on my weight, but it isn't malicious or shaming, it's just a different attitude toward weight.

Fat people in general are fairly rare where I am. There is only one high school student in the school of 700 that is visibly overweight. She doesn't appear to get picked on that I've seen.

That being said, I've gotten several complements on weight loss.

I'm not sure the general attitude, but I've never seen a morbidly obese person in my city at all.

Shut up you stupid ass. You said the same thing twice. Fucking faggot!?

Wait, what?

New to fit/ want to get a routine going, 6ft 120kg, started looking online about work out routines and read the stickies about cutting etc,

thoughts on this?

20 body weight squats.
10 push ups.
10 minutes of Jump rope
10 dumbbell rows
15 second plank.
30 jumping Jacks.
Repeat for e.g. rounds.

Is there anything i should add or remove? i do have an excercise bike that isnt used but i dont know if its actually a useful device for losing weight, Thoughts?

Thanks for the input may, I had a feeling that this was similar to the "more to a new city for to reinvent myself" thought process.

>get a routine going

Don't wait, just start. That's fine to start. Do more when it gets easy. Lift heavier to build more muscle. Just start doing something man.

Useful device for losing weight is not eating user. You should first focus on just losing weight by cutting and maybe doing some cardio.

Damn, I wish we had that attitude in the West. Especially love the fat tax.

oh, they're bananas, I thought they were sausages

I've asked this before, but 8 months cutting and its clear I need to lift more but anyone got any suggestions for a routine?

I'm stuck deciding if I go for a three day a week split and cardio every other day because I really want to lose my belly fat, or if I just go for a five or six day program and just concentrate on my lifts.

Thats what the jump rope is for? i heard its really good for cardio and weight loss, and i am cutting ive still have 1400 calories left today and its 3:30 pm.

Well, what are you doing now?

You're not locked into anything, man. You can anyways switch if you want to. Start with 3 days because it's less demanding. If you want to do more, switch.

Jump rope, running, or the exersise bike.
How much are you cutting?

I've been following my friends routine on and off for the last two months, but I can't really follow his routine as its a bit too difficult for me, so I was looking for alternatives.

So read SS and do SS. It's an easy start. As you try stronger you can switch.

I put all the foods and exercise i did into myfitnesspal and it says i have 2100 calories left to spend, do i not eat for the rest of the night and keep it at 2100?

You poor bastard.

Never eat back the calories MFP gives you for exercising.

2100 is a lot of calories
post your TDEE and BMR

Im not sure if anyone told you this user, but you're not going to gain muscle while cutting, you will only lose muscle.

the only way to gain muscle while cutting is riods, focus cardio as your exercise, until you've lost that fat, then start bulking.

If you wanted, you could bulk now, and you would gain muscle, but it would be hidden under all that fat, and you'd have to cut. better to be skinny, so you have a decent body when you start lifting, it really helps with motivation.

Related Q:

My plan has been to cut to 10-15% body fat to get rid of as much fat as I can before bulking to gain muscle.

A friend who has far more lifting experience but isn't very fat claims that'll just give me loose skin, and I should cut to a healthy weight and then immediately bulk.

Thoughts?

BMR - Kilocalories per day 2463

TDEE - Based on your stats, the best estimate for your maintenance calories is
3,416 calories per day
(I put Moderate exercise because im a kitchen hand and i walk to and from work which alone is 40 mins not including the floating at work doing tasks)