What made the Greeks think they could ever engage in romantic relationships with deities and nature spirits while other...

What made the Greeks think they could ever engage in romantic relationships with deities and nature spirits while other civilizations saw this as a sacred and inviolable taboo?

All Greeks were degenerate perverts

This seems like a good thread.

Ignore retards like

Greek religion was Mesopotamian larping. Ancient Mideast Gods were very humanised.

Because it is a good way to explain how some men of great knowledge and power came to be, as they were born as half Gods. Think of Achilles and Herakles for example.

>myth=religion
No

but 99% of them end up dead or transformed into something

Some random chick that zeus liked got turned into an artichoke cuz she wouldn't listen to him

apolo killed his mortal friend throwing a disc in his face

Hellenism made the gods just as petty and foolish as Humans, contrary to the idea of divine will.

hindu tantrikas and yogis did/do this to and there's south american shamans who do it. But AFAIK its with nature spirits not major deities

Literally so people could claim half-god status

Pretty much every culture had tales of Gods & Spirits lusting after mortals

It’s basically Christianity

The incarnation was not sexual. Mary died a virgin.

Because they could rule the world...

Mary didn’t die a virgin, she had a son with Joseph

Joseph died of old age before Jesus turned 30. He didn't marry Mary to have children with her.

Yeshua had brothers you down syndrome

Oh bullshit. This is catholic fanfiction to justify their prudish attitude towards sex.

t. thot

The word "brothers" in that language can mean half-brothers, cousins, friends, and associates. Joseph was probably a widower and had children from a previous marriage. These brothers weren't biologically related to Jesus. If Jesus had any full blood brothers He wouldn't have entrusted the care of Mary to one of the Disciples when He was on the cross.

because some greeks were those gods. it has to do with their mystic tradition. That and love has nothing to do with standing.

Literally nothing implies an earlier marriage or children thereof. They certainly weren't with him on the wayto Bethlehem. And they are later addressed as is this notyour mother andyour brother to which he then gives a spiritual rather than biological definition of his family. I know you don't care. But then don't try to defend your bullshit. You only embarass yourself

The Catholic position is that Mary remained a virgin. The "brothers and sisters" mentioned in the Gospels were Joseph's children from a previous marriage. I repeat, this is the Catholic position.

Very nice

t. retard

Nice quads.

I'm imagining a tragic football accident scene except everyone's playing Ultimate

"I went for a double-low five and a woogedy-woogedy but then, to my horror, I saw that his face was not his face -- in its place was the Regulation Ultimate Flying Disc, spattered with gray matter, his eyes dangling from stringy pink stalks where the infernal wheel caved in his orbitals. I threw up then and there." Shudders, then collects himself. "I haven't talked anybody about this -- not even the Sybil. But I just can't shake it. I think I have to quit the league. Disc golf might be more my speed now."

Jesus Christ touched Mary's vagina. For the previous nine months he was playing footsy with her uterine walls. The only way this is not sexual is if he gestated in the colon and emerged through the anus of the Holy Mother.

>These brothers weren't biologically related to Jesus
Was Mary?

>If Jesus had any full blood brothers He wouldn't have entrusted the care of Mary to one of the Disciples
Maybe his bros were deadbeats.

>hindu tantrikas and yogis did/do this
It's not in the same spirit of the Greeks at all, the Hindus don't humanize their gods in the same way, it's more of mystical bullshit.