Stationary biking all day while using computer???

Is this a good idea? Is this going to make my cardio go up insanely? Does it make me insanely productive??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QZdqjt8ihkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good luck trying to concentrate on two things simultaneously

you just have to move your legs, it isn't taking much brain capacity.

I bet every time someone says something to you while you are walking you have to stop to answer them, probably dont move until you've finished speaking

Might hurt your back to do this all day. Ease into it

terrible idea

Bike seats are shit and will hurt your ass after prolonged use, after one hour your butt will be sore.

Sweating will working is stupid, and it's going to distract you from work

Hi Jason

>sitting on a cuck seat because your boss cucks you on the reg

go take short walks throughout the day, at least once every couple of hours, preferably outside. if your boss bitches at you tell him that its helping you be more productive because it energizes you.

>t.brainlet

That and cut blood off to your dick

this, either you'd either have to get a seat with a hole in the middle or you would have to awkwardly stand up on the pedals every so often to prevent perineum damage.. but your risk level would go up doing this 8 hrs a day no matter what

LOOOOL nice b8 m8

I read while on the stationary and find it quite relaxing
No concentration problems so far

I've been thinking the same thing.

I guess we're all fucking our bodies up, right? I've been feeling compelled to do more jumping jacks, pushups, and walks/jogs around the block because I can feel the damage that sitting for 12 hours in front of a computer is doing to me.

How about instead of trying to sneak those pesky human needs into our overstuffed work days without interfering with productivity, we just return to a society where people weren't tied to their desks for 12 hours a day and got enough incidental exercise to avoid becoming obese hunchbacks?

I don't work like that. I'm a video game programmer. I pretty much work and procrastinate all day long.

It wouldn't feel right at all to, say, designate 8 hours to straight working and then 8 hours purely to exercise and normie shit.

Its a gimmick, plus it'd be better actually if you we're running or walking.

>video game programmer
STOP putting bullshit gimmicks like "guitar hero" reaction time "puzzles" in GoW3.

>8 hours straight of working out

Nobody said that

You really are a good little slave if you can't imagine actually owning your time and being free

OR you just take 30 min HIIT on the bike while watching something/listening to music and your done.
badabim badabom

it's not really "cardio" unless it's in that elevated heart beat range it's just light exercise. I think it's something of a bad idea mainly because of the compression pattern of the bicycle seat on the nerves of the pelvic floor and the potential posture issues of sitting like that for hours. I think something like a recumbent with like a sliding desk panel would solve both of these but your work-space would be smaller.

Straight after I set mine up I fell down some stairs and landed on my coccyx and it hurt like hell to sit down on the bike for longer than a minute for nearly a year. Make sure you got a back up.

Veeky Forums beginner here
Speaking of stationary bikes and just cardio in general, does doing only cardio build some amount of muscle/improve overall looks or do you just become a skeleton?

Obviously it helps muscles some at least if you increase intensity/duration each time. Rowing machines are the best for both cardio/muscles

really depends on how much muscle you already have. Most people don't realize how much fat they actually have and once they get under 12% they just look like skeletons.

Looking from that picture OP, i wouldnt believe it to be all that good - That guy looks like shit.

you get diminishing returns in terms of strength building.

Just do heavy compound movements.

On topic: just stand and walk around. bike seat will ruin your dick.

I'm skinnyfat with very little muscle, and live a pretty sedentary life. I'm hoping I can get rid of some fat while also gaining some muscle

>bike seat will ruin your dick.
That's what I've heard, since I have a stationary bike that I use I just stand up while cycling which I read also burns more fat than sitting, right?

Depends on your usage of it but I think most people would be much better off just going on a bike ride where you can get some fresh air and focus on riding rather than your brain being somewhere else while mindlessly pedaling. I could be wrong admittely it's one of the few things I've never tried and I tried everything including a treadmill desk. For the most part the best thing is to spend more time away from desk.

work on the muscle first as you gain lean mass your basal metabolic rate will go up as well any energy you actually expend working out. You can run or bike while you're working out it's not going to impair your progress in any noticeable way. Also the added test from strength training will probably make shedding that fat in appealing way easier. If you're skinnyfat leaning out is just going to leave you with a womanly fat distribution because the deficit will tank your test.

that bike seat looks like it would be great for your ass. let's forget about all the free radicals being released into your body by doing cardio all day, too.

Unless you're doing an extremely easy task , the cognitive overload will ruin efficiency and make the whole thing more trouble than it's worth

>nonsense made-up bullshit
retard

Dude. You're still sitting. The amount of physical coordination needed to pump pedals is a fraction of the physical coordination needed to do something where you have to actually move and support your entire body weight at the same time.
Hence, nobody has a treadmill at their desk to jog and do office work at the same time. That's silly.

>I got baited
>(you)

he looks normal

how could you even tell he looks like shit

How to ruin your joints for no reason .jpg

how is this any better than just sorta marching in place with your feet under your desk? try it sometime you'll see how quickly you forget about doing it. a bike is just a clunky and retarded version of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=QZdqjt8ihkY
that bike is literally this

Yeah you'll probably develop a hemmoroid. Also these seats put my dick to sleep. What an awful feeling.