Please Veeky Forums i need your help

im on the verge of fucking up college for the second time. I cannot make myself study and the absolute worst part is that how my life unfolds depends entirely on how i do in college this year.
>if i fuck up ill have to work some shitty low paying back busting job and i did that already and its a one way ticket for suicide
>if i fuck up i will ruin relationships with my family AGAIN and maybe kick me out because i've been lying to them AGAIN
>my girlfriend who goes to college with me and is 2 years younger wants us to through it together will do god knows what if i drop out and this scares me because i love her so fucking much

these are just the big issues. Im aware of all that shit. I told myself i will start studying 6 fucking weeks ago, i havent touched the god damn book. 2 days ago i had to take my first exam i didnt even go. In 4 days i have to take my second one and in 5 the third and then i have 3 more after that. On top of all this since all this is last minute if i dont study well enough and i fail there are no do overs. I had SO MUCH GOD DAMN FUCKING TIME to take all these tests and i was messing around playing fucking league and browsing this shithole.

WHY AM I SO FUCKING STUPID Veeky Forums WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO TO EFFICIENTLY STUDY AND PASS THIS SHIT I CANNOT LOSE EVERYTHING I WAS WORKING TO FIX THE PAST YEAR, BECAUSE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME I AM HAPPY

please guys, help me out, i have nowhere else to go with this...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCG-KntY7aVnIGXYEBQvmBAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1kdnmT_7gLE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/channel/UCG-KntY7aVnIGXYEBQvmBAQ

Check out this dude. Will only help if you wish to change your ways.

Throw your computer away/store it with your family and have them deny access. Your brain is conditioned to respond to instant gratification like league games and forum posts, and you need to change that by forcing it. You can do it!

If you want to efficiently study, you need to understand priorities and have determination and discipline to see it through.

First, analyze which course you struggle most in, and which exams are worth the most. If the one you're bad at is worth the most, study for that one first unless you have a while for it.

Second, after prioritizing, set a realistic schedule that will be grueling, but not stupid. Do 2 hours studying, then take an hour break by listening to music, doing chores or cooking, DO NOT play games during this time. You need to keep focussed on the time. Do another two hours, after that, you may have lunch, and indulge in the fun world of the next course study load. Do at least 3-6 hours of study in a day.

Diet is important. Don't eat at a deficit, it's extra stress. Focus on eating healthy foods and keeping your nutrition up. Also focus on going to bed at a reasonable time, and trying to keep a routine during this time.

Lastly, for the love of god, don't kid yourself into thinking you'll pass with flying colors. You'll scrape by doing this shit. Stop wasting your time after you sort your shit out. Delete league and cut back on browsing. Buy a fucking daily planner and organize yourself better.

You need to realize that you can't fuck around with your responsibilities. I understand it's hard, i'm not a fucking angel either, i've been in similar positions. But you have to try to be an adult about this and at the very least build a proper and functional routine after this shit show ends.

Overall, study hard and the day before your exams make sure to eat well, drink well and sleep well. Best of luck to you.

>t. Uni student who's last minuted too many assignments in his first years.

Currently wageslaving myself to death, if you don't do it for you OP, do it for me and all the others who didn't have the choice. Close your computer, pick up your books and start NOW.

The good news is ALL of these issues can be changed with new behavior habits. You're not necessarily stupid, you just have poor self discipline. This can be changed though, and that will take work. What are you doing instead of studying? What subjects are the exams in?

4 days is an ok head start to study for a lot of college exams in my experience for undergrad, you just need to make yourself do it. Set an alarm at a certain time of the day. That's your study time. Take 5 minute breaks (set a timer) every 20 mins. That's optimal for learning.

Some people do well with flashcards. Quizlet is nice because it all online and they have quizzes made from your flashcards to help engage you more in a Q and A way which gets you used to the idea of test taking. Incorporate as many ways of learning as you can. Reading out loud, writing information out, drawing it out in diagrams or pictures.. humans all learn in different ways. If you're not sure how you best learn there are quick online quizzes to help you better understand your learning style.

Get your GF to help you. Have her quiz you with material, or you explain to hear what you're learning. Teaching makes you understand the material more in depth and will help you to connect the dots. Best of luck. You'll be fine.

Huh, you're pretty much like me but older, I am fucking up my studies, I will end up like this or worse if I don't get my shit together, I know and I am terribly sorry for posting a useless comment that won't help you at all but I just wanted to trow that out there.

You need proper discipline and determination, I only ever learned these after I started lifting seriously.
I'm speaking as someone who failed the first year of high-school 4 times and then gave up, and now it's too late, don't be like me.

Here are some tips which helped me:
* Do you have a library or a similar location for learning which is open for a long time? If yes, try to go there. If you feel comfortable / productive learning there, only go home for sleep until you pass these exams.
* If you haven't already, check if there are past exams online. Certain types of questions are likely to repeat, so focus on them on the first day
* Use a timer technique like pomodoro while you study, otherwise you will not be able to concentrate after 1 hour
* Have some way to verify that you know the material, i.e. flash cards, altered exercises and so on.
* Focus all the time you have right now on your studies to feel some kind of urgency; If you have the money, get some takeout food so you don't have to waste time cooking.

Good luck user

TALK to you professors. Express your concerns and your desire to do well. They don't want to fail you (most don't at least). Ask them how you can best prepare for their exams. How do other students tend to do on their exams? Where do you need to place your focus on specific exams? If a professor feels you're making an effort and not just blowing their class off, they're going to want to work with you

You deserve it. You got every reason to try hard but you didnt. Even if you did pass exams you'd still go back to being lazy. My family grew up poor im now on a better than average wage and help my parents whenever they need it. While my brother drinks to excess and tells me hes depressed and lifes unfair.

How old are you

>i didnt even go.
here's what you did wrong. it's a meme to study to exams. few people actually do it and they are usually the lowest of the class regardless.
if the subject you are studying is something you like you should know a lot about it. if not, change it.
don't take it so seriously. chill.

Went through the same shit as u minus the girlfriend because of no social skills.

I ended up dropping out and after a year of NEETdom and considering suicide I have finally got a job.

My advice to you is this:
Start being honest with yourself
Stop procrastinating right now you have a lot to do.
Keep a good attitude and don't let your circumstances get you down. Own your mistakes, be humble and move forward with life.

It's not the end of the world bro. In a few years you will look back and laugh about how worked up you got over this.

Just keep your chin up and focus on building a future for yourself

First of all, get the fuck away from here, second, study like a madman, you had a lot of time to do that, if you fuck up it's entirely your fault, stop being a crying faggot and study the shit out of those books RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

If you play League of Lesbians then kys. Other than that, I hope you fail you miserable dogshit, how the fuck are those people around you still not ditching you yet, mr garbage?

youtube.com/watch?v=1kdnmT_7gLE

What do you study?

If this is a lifelong pattern (which fucking up college multiple times in a row might indicate) you most likely have ADHD and your odds of finishing college without medication and therapy are close to zero. On the flipside, your odds can be much better with medication and therapy. You could also have another disorder, but this would require a few additional symptoms.

The inability to motivate yourself to work towards long-term goals that provide no immediate reward is one of the core symptoms of ADHD.

Hard times create strong men.

This is your final chance. I've been there.
Right now, we're talking about desperate measures. You want to succeed, and I'll help you. Here is what you will do:

You are on a deadline, optimize your time.
Look for your course's old tests, study by them, memorize them and try to solve'em.

Do not try to understand it all right from the beginning, you have no time for that. Focus on the essential.

Talk to your professor. bust his balls with questions, ask everything you wanna know, it's his duty to be there for you. Seriously, this is perhaps the greatest advice you can get. A month ago I was gonna have my finals and didn't know shit. I went to my professor's office for 2 days and asked everything I could think of. Do it.

Only study everyday, everytime. Don't do anything but study. That includes lifting. Only take pauses in order to eat, if it is too much, take a 5min pause to listen to a chill music, and then get back to it.

Lastly, cheat if you have to. We're talking about your life here. If failing a test means the road is over for you, then getting caught for cheating means the same. Cheat if you don't know the answer.
I've been on similar occasions numerous times in my life, having to study for something I didn't know. I succeeded most of the times. It's up to how much effort you put on it. Good luck user, I hope you make it.

> I told myself i will start studying 6 fucking weeks ago, i havent touched the god damn book. 2 days ago i had to take my first exam i didnt even go. In 4 days i have to take my second one and in 5 the third and then i have 3 more after that.
I tell you this, there is no way you can do in 4-5 days what you didn't do in 6 weeks.

Yes there is. But it takes to be an übermensch

t. 160 IQ mixed aryan

Take 40 mg of addies and hope for the best study

>Quizlet
When will they ever learn?

>mixed aryan

>how my life unfolds depends entirely on how i do in college this year
Unless you're in/going to medical school I doubt it.

Did even read the rest, but it's just a discipline problem, and simple to fix. Simple, but challenging.

>Make a space for studying, free from your common time killing distractions, more than likely your phone/computer
>Make blocks of time solely for studying
>Even if you don't feel like it, go to the study area when it's time to
>When you start getting bored and your attention wanders, STAY IN THE STUDY AREA AND DO NOTHING UNTIL YOU'RE SO BORED YOU CONTINUE TO STUDY
>Do not leave the study area until that block of time is over. Even if you're not studying.

After a few weeks it'll be easy. The key to making this easier is that when it's hardest, and you really don't want to that you do it anyway. Even if it's just sitting in your study area for the hour or whatever doing literally nothing (no phone, computer, doodling, etc) it will get easier and easier as you build discipline.

You need motivation, OP. The reasons you want to stay on school could be the wrong ones. You need a reason to keep studying. A goal that pushes you to finishing every single class you take whether you like it or not. If you don't find a studying motivation, maybe studying is not for you and you'll keep on suffering instead of finding other solutions to your problems.

Your problem is that all your reasons for studying are external. You don't want to dissapoint your family, your gf, and you are afraid you won't get paid jack shit. You're overburdened by outside responsibility and have no internal motivation to pick up that load; if you did you would be studying right now instead of browsing this place.
Because you are overwhelmed and scared you are running away.

The only way you can start studying is to build up your drive. You must want do succeed for your own sense of accomplishment, your personal fullfilment. You can get others to cheer you on along the way, but you will have to be a big guy for you, not for others.

You should get this shit of your chest by talking to someone you trust IRL, preferably someone who has their shit together. (lifting buddies? siblings?)

If that's not enough you need to get /fitlit/. Read a good cathartic story about overcoming adversity. Or if you want something more philosophical, try reading The Ego and its Own by Stirner.

exactly this
If you don't enjoy studying the subject, you won't enjoy working in the field, and the only advantage to getting a job accessible through this degree (as opposed to wageslaving) will be having a little more money. You'll still feel like killing yourself 9 to 5.
If you have to try and force yourself to cram in the last few days, you've picked the wrong subject.

Try looking at other available degrees, at trades, etc.

Thiamine (B1)

Solid advice

get into a tech program ,the books might not be for you but a skill might. diesel tech