QTDTTOT

If I do only Deadlifts and bench, really get my numbers up, what body parts will be lagging?

Rear and Side delts maybe? Abs, calves. bi's

Your chest and Biceps. You will be strong as fuck but look like a twink and if you don't want to have a big chest, at least do biceps curls after squats.

>If I do only Deadlifts and bench
>Deadlifts and bench
>Deadlifts
>and
>bench
>at least do biceps curls after squats
>after squats
>squats

What's wrong with training an complete different bodypart? Everytime I doing deadlifts and rows my arms are that much exhausted that I can't do any form of arm workout, so in that case it would make more sense to doing them on a day where he does squats.

How will my chest lag If i bench like crazy?

Nice form. Not

What's the best way to prep for a run?
Light breakfast? Coffee? Full breakfast an hour or two before? Business as usual in the morning?

Gonna have a 1.5mile timed run tomorrow and I want to do the best I can.

Add squats ohp and pullups and you got yourself a complete routine user

upper back, shoulders, neck, traps, lats, neck, bis, tris and quads

You're deadlifting wrong breh. Don't do deadlifts as a pulling exercise, do them as a pushing exercise (drive with your legs into the floor) You should not be doing any kind of shrug or any contribution from the arms if you can help it. Just focus on gripping the bar and leave your arms out of it.

if you were going for an actual run I'd say carb up a few hours again of time, long enough to digest but not long enough that you need to shit but for a 1.5m?

grab some gatorade for if you get thirsty maybe. that's 10-12 minutes of moderate exertion, it's nothing

Rowing, yates or pendlay or cable rows, are they a waste of time? Isn't chinups just whole lot better? Upper traps, and lower back gets covered by other exercises such as squats, deads, ohp, right?

Is no one else concerned about that shit form?

Should I be doing underhand rows? I've been doing overhand but am stalling at 155 for reps. Will i still get decent upper/mid back activation with underhand?

> a day where he does squats.
He doesn't squat.

it'll be 95% the same, but since biceps are the stronger elbow flexor you should be able to load more weight, potentially giving more back gains.

i have seen biggest gains from rows,landmine barbell rows and dead rows
i have not done a chin up in over a year and half

Bruh that's autism form

Reposting from last thread:
DYEL about to use barbells for the first time here. Am I supposed to secure the weights with anything? Like a clip or a lock or something? I'm afraid of them sliding off.

dont do it underhand pls
Just use straps or cheat a bit. Also wtf r u ultra skelly, cuz 155lbs si hella weak for rowing

So I may have been doing squats wrong.
Now, my left knee hurts when I run.
I think I corrected my form, but my knee still hurts when I run.
It doesn't hurt any other time, even when I squat.

Also, my feet don't really point the correct directions...

What should I do?

Ah fuck, I misread bench, I saw the squat picture and my brain red changed it in "squats".

I have knee problems, osteoarthritis, and I can't squat. I only deadlift. I do leg press and squat machine

I run and lift weights fasted then eat enough at the end of the day to not skeletize myself.
Maybe some water if you find you get dehydrated in your sleep.

I'm going to start doing a Upper/Lower 3x week routine once I finish this 2 weeks of maintenance and start my lean bulk, want to do this shit properly for once, unlike last time and the dirty bulk meme

Would like to incorporate Rack Pulls and/or Power Shrugs on the upper days to have some sick traps, how do I do this without fucking the push/pull ratio or overdosing on volume/exercises?
Also interested in neck training because I also box, would it be fine to do on OFF days?

these are the upper days:

UPPER A
Bench Press
Rows(havent figured out which yet)
Inc DBB BPress
Lat Pulldown
Lateral Raises
Tricep Pushdown
Hammer Curls(or any other)
abs

UPPER B
Pull Ups
OHP
Seated Cable Row
DBB Bench Press
Cable Flys or whatever theyre called
Ez Curl
Skull Crushers
abs

I require and thank the answer of qualified Veeky Forumsizens

Alright, thanks.

I try to do 3/4 sets of 10 reps but I can't really go above 155 without cheating.

Do i need to do pullups? I hate them, I can never breathe right and get headaches trying to do them, can I replace with lat pulldowns and be ok?

Cheating is fine bro,
focus on retracting scapula to target lats and not traps
keep back straight
i am doing around 300lbs dead rows with no issue and back is solid

Got any food recommendations besides chicken, fish, porkchops, what would you guys eat perhaps beef wise? Just something that isn't vegetables pretty much.

My grocery list is this:

Oatmeal
Porkchop
Salmon
Eggs
Pinto beans
Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Spinach
Brown rice
Cabbage
Olive oil
Asparagus
Sardines
Carrots
Potatoes

Any recs?

>bulking
>check scale and realised I'm at 60.8kg
>panic and wonder why I have dropped 0.4kg
>literally thought I have cancer
>check scale the next morning
>61.6kg

Is my scale faulty?

garlic
milk
butter milk
onions
yoghurts
kefir milk
you gotta miss on those milk peptides, milk cultures and antioxidants bro

yes. google "barbell clips" and you'll see what they look like, there are three basic types and any gym should have a bunch of them somewhere

Gotcha, thanks.

don't do underhand, you'll tear your bicep if you go too heavy

Okay, so I have been stuck on 215 squat this whole week. I can do 5 reps for the first 2 sets but usually end up doing 3 or 4 reps on the last. Is there anything I can do to try to keep increasing other than eating more?
I havn't been going on a caloric surplus and just have been maintaining it at ~1800calories. I have been 154lbs these past 3-4 weeks.

any reason why are you not eating surplus?
Just do doubles or triples with 225 and return back to 215 after two/three weeks

I was starting to look fat at 160lbs, im 5'8". Pretty vain reason but that is my honest answer

top or bottom round, top tier lean protein, can be had on sale for cheap. lrn2 slice thin, marinate, grill or fry

boneless chicken thighs+herbs=chicken meatballs

chickpeas- roasted or made into falafel

mushrooms, baby spinach, mixed greens, lettuce tomatoes, cukes, scallions

eat salad every day

weight can vary as much as 4lbs in a day naturally. If I had a really hard sweaty workout i can lose 8lbs instantly.

weigh yourself at the same time after the same routine every day for best consistency

Thanks. This is what I meant.

Looks good, it's like lyle mcdonald intermmediate bulking routine.

this sort of looks like you tried to do front squats while back squatting in jeans

You can do lat pulldowns, it's fine.

I'm a skinnyfat :( 6'2 160 pounds
All my normie usually shorter friends have abs... is their hope for me? What should I be doing to try to work out that area, running? Just sit-ups?

Hey guys, so I want to lose weight but also get sort of ripped (you get this asked probably lots of time) but I am having trouble understanding Google pages about this.
So I currently weigh 205lbs (~90kg) (5ft 6in in height) and I want to drop down to 160-170lbs (~75kg). I've already did a lot of muscle building last year, went from weakling to sort of strong but I am not satisfied as I am fat as fuck. So my plan is to cut down fat massively and gain sufficient muscle to looked sort of ripped like pic related.
Question is, how should I plan my calorie intake? A site I read said to take in 250 calories but this doesn't seem right, another said I should keep calories under 1500. So say, I want to curb fat massively, how much should I eat in calories and how much should burn in exercise? I plan on doing mostly cardio (walk/jog/run 2-3 miles per day) and a bit of strength in my upper body.

Also, I actually look fatter than the guy in before pic due to my manletness.

>shoulders
bench
>traps
deadlift
>tris
bench
>neck
meme muscle

Agreed on the rest
You need some kind of row to hit all your back muscles, and obviously squat for quads

Since I've started lifting and losing weight I've noticed that I'm getting more of a leak after I've finished pissing, for example i'll sit down 30 seconds after and a not insignicant amount comes out, it's very annoying. Any ideas why? I would have thought I'd be getting better at controlling it from being healthier, not the opposite.

are you a grill? If so, i think megsquats covers this in one of her videos

lmao what 155lb is like more than bodyweight

I started as a beginner and never really stepped into intermediate after a year of brosplit and then rusted and lagged behind for a year and now I want to get back in and I'm currently in a weird spot that I can bench my own bodyweight but I can't squat even 1 plate or DL double of my BW nor can I do any pull ups

Can I still reg park's beginner routine and still be on track to losing 1-2 lbs of fat and gain .5 lbs of muscles every week provided i track my macro and eat at a deficit?

I'm 20 right now

If I'm 5'6 how much weight should I be aiming for to get this kind of physique? And around 10% bodyfat?

that looks like a girl with no boobs

LONDON

ugnhhh pls trap with rainbow socks

How many calories a day do you currently eat? Eat 20% less than that.

just started getting calluses from deadlifting (been doing SL a month and a half, up to 185lbs). they're just like, small ovals immediately below the bottom crease of the fingers. is this where they're supposed to be? I'd kind of assumed it'd be more across the area in between the finger creases and the top crease of the palm

wondering basically does this indicate I'm holding the bar right or wrong. I'm finding it hard to hold onto and like it's too much on my fingers, but maybe this is normal (grill so grip strength sucks, I'm doing grip work after my work set to try to make up for it though)

You're fine.

Did you read the deadlift section of Stronglifts? It tells you exactly how to grip the bar and personally helped me a lot

If you do grip it right though it's just an aftermath of lifting and happens to everyone, no way around it

Oh and also if you are doing grip work don't do them on deadlift day, I do farmer walks after my rows which has helped a lot

retard form kys

Not really fit related but how the hell do I get ride of darj circles under my eyes? I have had them for years now and usually wear glasses to help cover them up but I am getting contacts soon. Does looking at a screen 6+ hours a day have an affect?

ty anons

and I'd been after my deadlifts deloading to 135 and doing three sets of one just trying to hold it as long as possible. it probably does make more sense to do it on the other day though since I want to do chins right after deadlifts

What's the ideal bf% for a 5'8'' man in is late 20's before starting a bulk? currently at around 15%.

Idk desu but last time I tried moderating how much I ate I was ~1800 calories so I guess I probably eat ~2000 when I am not checking

>biceps are the stronger elbow flexor
you brachioradialis is lagging, isn't it?

I usually have 400-500 calories leftover in a day for a final meal/snack before bed. What is something good and filling to eat?

I always have Greek yogurt and walnuts since 2 years or so everyday

As long as you're not either very fat or very, very lean, it's a subjective decision.
Personally, because I've been very lean at times, I know that whenever I don't have a clearly visible biceps vein, I'm getting too fat.

So my diet of 3k calories consist of

>500ml milk
>100g oats
>2 tablespoon of pb
>2 pieces of loafs
>2 meals that are roughly 500-700 calories

I'm left with around 500 calories, how can I easily fill that out?

What are some routines for pumping up your ohp numbers? Like if I don't give a fuck about anything else and I just want to strict press 100kg overhead, is there a program for that? Google's giving me nothing.

What makes an effective set of sets?

Example; i do 3x8 bench

first set, do all 8 fine, struggle on the last rep
second set, do all 8 fine, but really struggling on the last rep
final set, get to about 5-6 reps and cant to any more

Has that been an effective end to the workout?

>mild aching pain in both elbows and wrists
>Exacerbated by random movements both pulling and pushing

Does anyone know what this is? I'm taking a week to rest it and am taking fish oil and NSAIDS. I don't wanna sit out for more weeks brehs.

Pick a day. Weigh yourself every week on that day after you wake up.

You should plan your sets better so you don't miss reps. You are risking injury

you can super easily fill that out with nuts. That's barely 100g of nuts of your choice and nuts are so easy to eat

If my right arm gives up before my left arm on OHP/chinup/bench press, does that mean my right arm is weaker or stronger (shifting more of the load to the right side)? Incidentally my right shoulder is also winging a bit (so is my left but right side moreso).

I'm stalling on all of those I mentioned because my right arm gives up while my left arm still feels fine.

how long does it take to adjust to a new calorie intake after 12 months of a deficit?
I'm eating up to maintenance calories but it's not enough, I'm still hungry to the point of binging so it's not something I can do long term
should I lose more weight so it doesn't matter too much if I go over?

>great workout yesterday
>lots of nice food afterwards
>today woke up with diarrhea
>leaking liters out
Are my gains gone and effort wasted?

I think i accidentaly send dick pics to some gay guy posing as a girl

I feel like an moron but i don't think any harm will come from it

40g protein before and after..

say you somehow land a qt gf out of your league, do you just go along for the ride and expect a breakup eventually?

(During the relationship you still keep working to improve yourself regardless)

Knees out at 30 degrees EACH, feet the same, keep those knees forced open on the way back up, don't let them collapse, deload as much as you need until it feels natural. Then as you build the weight back up you'll get a _little_ knee collapse on the hardest reps but you must resist manfully and don't add weight till you fix it.

Even then your knee pain may take a dew weeks to go down. If it's really painful you might need a complete break for a month or two. Knees are a bitch.

I also wear knee sleeves for squats; they help a bit but the key thing is form. I'm up to 3 x 140kg now (working on 5 x), had bad knee pain early on at more like 90kg, so I'm speaking from moderate experience.

help

yeh but I was asking how to put the rack pulls and/or power shrugs into it

Double-check that your hands aren't bending back too far in any pressing lift (bench, ohp, or even dips). If they are, deload & fix, and note it can take a few weeks for the soreness to go down.

former fatass here, currently hungry skelly
how do I motivate myself to lift?
I hate it, I don't know how to form a cohesive regiment, don't really have any equipment except a couple pussy dumbells

I'm glad I'm not fat any more but being aushwitz mode living off a salad a day isn't how I want to live my life

I hear stories of people who would never in their wildest dreams have thought that they actually enjoyed going to the gym and I keep hoping that it would happen to me too, but it hasn't

Don't miss out on something awesome because you're too afraid of rejection, but also don't go into it expecting it to end badly. If you do that, you'll just end up fucking yourself over and she will for sure leave you.

Is doing reverse and hammer curls enough extensor work to prevent golfers elbow and such? I curl (and skullcrush) an awful lot and am kinda worried, but I get no definite answer from anybody, it’s either lul shut up curlz for the gurlz or omg even two bicep isolation sets a week will cripple you in like a month.

>inb4 just do less arm volume nigga
I’m a stocky cunt, I need bigger arms or I will look like Mr. Potatohead at some point.

how do strong guys and ripped guys feel about skeles working out in the gym? my gym has a bunch of ripped people working out all the time and it feels bad to be the smallest and feels even worst when people have to remove their pl8 from the bench because i can't even bench a pl8 for reps.

Really depends on the person, not how strong/ripped they are. I personally try to help the weaklings and noobs because I know the feel from when I started, but we also have assholes in my gym who openly chortle and chuckle at fat guys on the treadmill or skellies squatting half a pl8.

And rows for complete work out.

Squat, bench, row one day

Dead, ohp, pull up 2 days later.

Repeat.

If you want i will personally coach you to my fullest extent possible. Just think of a way we can contact eachother.

Everybody gotta start somewhere

as a fellow skelly:

#1 is to focus on your own progress and give 0 fucks about anyone/anything else.

Try going to the gym at off peak times, when few people are there.

Try switching gyms to a one where you are more comfortable. If it's slightly less convenient in terms of commute times/price, I think it's worth it to help you get the most out of your training.

look at torso angle. it gets horizontal then outta nowhere it goes into being vertical mid lift. then look at the legs they go back like a back squat but then you get to a point where you drive them forward. kinda like you're driving your femurs into your knees.

I started out massively skelly at 56kg 173cm and a few months later I'm at 61kg, I'm still pretty skinny even though my lifts went up. I'm trying to slow bulk to avoid fat gains but I'm really tempted to just eat a shit load to get big fast, even though it would be mostly fat..
Most people are very polite in the gym so that's good though , but I still feel insecure naturally.

Yeah I have thought about going off peak, it would have to be early morning though

Eat moar. Easier to cut excess fat than to build quality muscle.

Is 3x FB efficient or just a meme? How do the results compare to, for example, PHUL?

PHUL is rather advanced in comparison, 3x (sanely programmed) FB is adequate frequency and volume to reap those schweet noob gains. Not say you cannot do either in whatever stage of your training life, but you need to finetune shit then.

bump