Self defence for kids

Hello Veeky Forums, first time on this board, I hope you can help.
What is a worthwhile school/style for starting my three kids in self-defence. Ages are 8, 12, 14. Two are girls. My intention is to skill them in preserving their own safety, against violent attack. None of them are likely to want to pick and/or win fights. I would send them to class for one or two hours a week, and get them to practice at home also.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5n_Qjeia2n8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off, newfag

Krav maga and BJJ are pretty good and they will be in shape

Yeah BJJ and Krav are insane workouts (depending on what you want) and are very good for self defense

whatever you do just make sure they don't go to a mcdojo, find a guy who knows what the fuck they're doing (rare these days).

judo is a great art for kids- their limbs and joints are soft and flexible, which makes taking falls a lot easier. Learning how to fall safely is also a great skill to learn at a young age, breakfalling properly can be the difference between a little scrape and a broken arm. Judo also isn't a mcdojo art like aikido or the recommended kravmaga, and has a real competitive scene. Just make sure you find a decent club with a good coach. A good way to figure this out is to see if there are actual competitors on a state/national/international level regularly training there.

I'm not new to Veeky Forums. But I have identified the autistic sociopath.

Thanks for the advice. There is a local BJJ school that advertises that a couple of youth national champions train and teach there. There is also a couple of Krav Maga schools nearby in and adjacent area with many Russian and south African Jewish immigrants, perhaps this suggests authenticity. I will investigate. Bondi junction, Sydney, in case you're wondering.

Well, most of fights arent violent attacks really, especially school fights. To win them you simply need to show your dominance and that you can be dangerous to fight with. Thats how it goes, its only natural, really. A boy in his puberty isnt gonna be a pacifist, and he shouldnt be. If you want your boy to do martial arts, let him try out some different ones and choose what he wants to do. Who knows, maybe he wants to do muay thai, maybe boxing is his thing, maybe its gonna be judo or bjj or whatever it is, as long as it actually makes the kid fight. Martial arts are first and foremost a tool for personal development through an intense physical struggle. And in a school fight, it will come up. And thats something that others will respect. Not the teachers of course, but other kids.

From personal experience, I'd advise you to stay away from SA jews and Russians in general. Stick with the BJJ. I can go into more detail if you like, but their perspectives on the world are just very different from most Australians.

Also, you know what the Talmud says about child abuse, don't you, especially with young girls? While it's unlikely to happen, or that said SA jews are even versed in the Talmud, I would never even slightly risk my children, and can't in good faith go without saying this after reading your posts.

To add, self defense is basically a giant meme. 99% of fights are school fights, bar fights and college fights. A lot of violence simply comes from gangs and organised crime, but unless you live in a dangerous neighbourhood, but thats not likely.

Good advice. My boy is the 8 year old, he is already talking about wanting to be strong like his mate (who is a good fighter). But what do you recommend for girls/young women and their self defence?

OK. Any concerns about actual Israelis. I think these run the school/gym.

Muay Thai is GOAT for your kids.

Enroll them in gun safety courses and buy them guns.

If you disagree then let me pose these scenarios.

1. I have a gun and I am attacking one of your children, your child knows karate. Who wins?

2. I know karate and I am attacking one of your children, your child has a gun. Who wins?

>But what do you recommend for girls/young women and their self defence?
Well, at that age it doesnt really matter desu. At that age its important to learn some kind of striking. I suggest muay thai desu, it will teach your kid basic striking and clinch. At that age and at that level kids cant really fuck each other up, so dont worry about your son getting brain damaged or anything like that. If you are going pro, sure, the risk of developing brain problems at an old age becomes important, but not at the level your kids are at now. But again, same shit with grappling martial arts desu, grappling isnt really safe at all. I can tell you that as a person who did grappling for a while as a young lad, sambo specifically, i live in russia. I cant really say that doing grappling is that useful in a fight. In mma its all good and useful, because of weight classes and shit, but for street, its not really that useful. Being able to punch effectively is a priority. Boxers do well in street fights for that reason.

Less of a concern and less of a viable option here in Oz. Guns are much harder to get, legally, and hand guns almost impossible. Gun crime is also less common. Mostly gangsters shooting each others mother's houses at 2 in the morning. Point taken though.

I am attacking your child with my hands who knows nothing who wins?

Thanks for the detailed response.

Attacking a child with your hands and the child has a gun who wins?
My point stands.

this. judo teaches discipline and honor as part of its core philosophy, its a great supplement to shaping your kids to be self-controlled people imo.

i wish i had it as a kid and avoided my shitty teenage years attitude.

How so? If the kid knows absolute zero and has no gun they get fucked up.

If they know something and have a gun wouldn't that be covering all the bases? Also, like he said Australia isn't a place you can access guns that easily same with other countries that aren't America. Just fuck all martial arts anyways until you can walk around with a hand cannon?

Where does aikido stand in you estimation. For kids that is.

we get the autistic poltards who wander in here and think owning a gun and shooting darkies is the solution to everything imo.

unless your kid lives in the ghetto chances are martial arts will be more useful

aikido is a literal joke according to some and i'm not convinced its practical at all.

judo is entirely practical and based on centuries of refining. its also a sport that prioritizes safety, minimizing harm, and disarming opponents rather than training you to hurt them as much as possible like boxing or taekwondo. one of the first things they teach you is how to minimize and avoid getting harmed when someone throws you or tries to harm you imo.

BJJ is too specific as well since its mostly ground combat focus, but judo is better for well-rounded general uses.

youtube.com/watch?v=5n_Qjeia2n8

Guns are barely an issue even in the poorest areas in Sydney. School culture is such that even in rough areas you can (usually) go without trouble if you are calmly confident, situationally aware, and polite to everyone.
Skills are useful though, as a back up and I'm really thinking about readying my girls for adult life.

Wrestling is great for mindset development.

yeah if they are girls, i'm going to point out to tell them to do judo.

size is obviously an advantage for any fight but learning how to move and fight efficiently and leverage your size is a major part of judo. its why i at 180 lbs and 5'10 have been beaten by black belt females weighing 120 lbs imo. its also very kid friendly.

>muh judo
It's the same shit as bjj, and even then, look at the ufc and tell me which is more popular

>unless your kid lives in the ghetto chances are marial arts will be more useful

Right, arm your child with the weakest defense and hope that it's enough. Way to keep the kids safe. Wouldn't want you to offend anyone by making your children 100% able to defend themselves.

Hey, let's put a black belt up against a 9mm. Who wins?

He has said repeatedly that gun violence is almost a non-issue in Sydney, and I can confirm. We just don't have a culture of gun ownership and violence here.

Typical nu male completely disregarding everything OP said about gun violence being a non issue just so he can continue to spout his hurr durr guns. Why are you even on this board?

>2 are girls
At the current age it won't really matter but when they're older girls have to make up for their smaller size and strength with technique. So a martial art that focuses on using your opponents momentu against them, pressure points and locks or taking your opponent down as quick as possible is best.

Admirable of you OP.
For instance, in your pic? The best move the smaller kid could use would be to grab the other kids' sack. Guaranteed to make him back the fuck off. Then kick him in the groin as hard as he can.
>but that's not sporting! (or somesuch bullshit)
and a bigger kid being a total faggot and picking on smaller kids is fair? Law of the jungle, baby.

>krav maga
NO
FUCK
NO

krav maga is mcdojos: the martial art

No, it's not the same you retard. BJJ is a shitty unrefined copy of Judo created by niggers, for niggers. The guys who created it were so retarded that they couldn't even name the sport properly. It's Juujutsu, not Jiujitsu.

Ju Jutsu.
Drop the u.
Also potato, potato.
It doesn't matter. BJJ is great for ground fighting, like vale tudo and that kind of stuff. Shitty in stand up, that's why you always combine it with a meme like wing chun or krav maga.

Get them into boxing. I used to teach a 12 year old girl to box. She loved it and it came in handy a few times as she got older

An added bonus of it is it really helps with their confidence and attitude to work etc

Take it from an israeli
Most krav maga schools are mcdojos
Op should do boxing/mma

>any concern about jews ripping me off?
Nah m8 they would never do that

sydney and most of australia is pretty good for bjj and judo. please don't send them to krav maga

No, it's Juujutsu. I spell it however I want. It's also the spelling most phonetically correct.

>any concerns about actual israelis?

God man, yes! In general, overly arrogant, violent, and paranoid people. STAY AWAY.

martial arts for kids are just scam.
Train them yourself with military training regimes.
soft things but push em.
then hunting.