Legal Supplements

hey faggots, 41 year old guy here, just recently started working out, trying to get in shape and build some muscle.
what are some good legal supplements to take to build up muscle faster? or is it all bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21129941
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for example stuff like trenbolone and sustanon.. does that work at all?

You're too late m8, give up old now old boy

>tren, sustanon
>supplements

Good for you that you started working out, keep it up. There's really no shortcuts in training, just stick to your routine and eat enough food.

I suggest doing a full body 3x/week, for example Arnold's Golden Six

ok, thanks for the advice.

ok, what about magnesium? or additional proteins?

just use dat dere cell tech and you're set buddy

Drink a lot of water.

For the supplements I suggest: Multi-Vitamins, and Omega-3.

It all depends on your diet. If you only have time for 3 meals every day I'd say go for some whey protein and maybe a bottle of multivitamins. But you can just keep going to the gym without taking any supplements and you're still going to see results.

why omega-3 ?

>41 yrs old
>still on Veeky Forums
damn i hope that doesn't happen to me

41? just get on the gas

It will.

You are here forever.

Multivitamins are beneficial, at least in my opinion. Additional protein like whey however, don't waste your money on that. Eating correctly should already do the trick, just count your macros. Unless you're a super skeleton, additional protein isn't that important.

you just wait, man. just wait.

well at least its not reddit

39yo here and recovering from brain tumor treatments.

Creatine, Whey protein and ZMA pills. All legal, all safe.

>41
>on Veeky Forums

Oh, man. You're never gonna make it. But hey, at least you can legally get TRT.

Lgd 4033, yk-11, osta, s4

You should be able to legally get TRT at your age.

If not, SARMs, SERMs, suicide inhibitors, and various peptides are the current PEDs that are "legal".

>still thinks this place if for under 18 fags and 20 something year olds who still live at home
>implying you won't be here forever

Naw, it's never too late. Go for it.

I started the ec stack again, 1 caffeine pill and primatene, 60 pills in each container less than 20 bucks, legit fat burner

What does ZMA do? I'm using the other 2

any one can werite that dumb shit lol

Creatine, but if you're in your 40's, you might as well just cruse on testosterone.

I'm 20-something and I live at home. Come at me.

Tell your mom I said hi.

I couldn't find bronkaid at the drugstore (walgreens, cvs). Is it banned in California?

Walmart bring your license, I did primatene cuz more tabs

CVS doesn't carry it, but Walgreens usually does.

And you say hi to your dad for me.

Either of you two do cardio on ec stack? Trying to cut but having a hard time, but dont want my heart to blow up when I do HIIT

Convenience. Unless you're eating exclusively fish or high-ALA foods and no meat, your 6 to 3 ratio will probably be fucked.

Yeah, I do 30 minutes on the rowing machine on my non-lifting days. But I'm also not fat/on babby's first cut. If you're a big guy, I would stay with light cardio and keep an eye on your heartrate.

This.
99% of it is eating enough, sleeping enough and working out enough. Save that energy for those things.

zinc is good for t
the rest is good for recovery and sleep

OK I'm new to this, but why would anyone get testosterone treatment? The side effects are horrible, no?

>what are some good legal supplements to take to build up muscle faster? or is it all bullshit?
Protein supplements are good if you dont have time to actually make and eat food. Eating food is always the best option. If your stomach cant handle a lot of food for whatever reason, might be the choice for you too. Doesnt do shit besides making it easier to consume more protein.
Vitamin and mineral supplements are good, if you are deficient in something. For example, if you are deficient in zinc, doing ZMA will bring up your test to where its supposed to be. If you arent deficient and getting everything from your diet, nothing here is needed for you. Get your bloodwork done.
Creatine. Gives a modest strength boost, makes your muscles fuller and bigger, because it attracts water to itself. If you are prone to balding, this will make you balder by boosting your DHT levels. So if you wanna take, you might need to go shave your head. If you dont drink enough water with it, your kidneys will not like it.
Fish oil. Unless you have a lot of fish in your diet, take fish oil. Its important as far as health and longevity goes.
Also, your testosterone might be starting to get fucked, so you might need to hop on TRT to actually see some gains(and see your dick work, lmao).
There are some legal PEDs like SARMs and shit, but they might stop being so legal at any time, so you never know.
If you are deficient in zinc and magnesium, your test will be lower. Guess what, fixing your zinc and magnesium deficiency will bring your t levels up to where they should be. If your zinc is already all good, no need for ZMA, it will do nothing for you.

Just a simple FYI.

If test booster supps actually worked, they would have the same negative side effects as steroids.

it's not

This samefag here

Pretty much what this user wrote Except, balding from Creatine and boosting DHT levels bullshit almost made me punch my monitor!!!

Also, i have a vivid dreams from ZMA and i feel so rested in the morning.

I'm taking Zinc Picolinate 50mg per day
So I guess ZMA is useless to me? Should I take Magnesium separately?

Get your bloodwork done, nigger. Just do it. See what you are deficient in, see if you have low or high test, triglycerides, etc. Just do it.

Creatine is scientifically proven to increase muscle endurance which means more reps and more muscle growth.

ZMA (Zinc Magnesium Aspartate) is also incredibly helpful if you're deficient in zinc (you probably are). Take it on an empty stomach an hour before bed. It contains magnesium aspartate to help your REM sleep (when GH is released) and zinc aspartate which is used in hormone production as well as vitamin B6 which helps the body absorb the minerals.

Those are the only 2 supplements I have used which I feel comfortable recommending as something that definitely does what it claims to do.

Zma makes you dream about gif related things

LGD-4033
look into SARMs

what part of "you're here forever" don't you understand

Idk how that shit works in my country desu, I'll check

is test checking separate from bloodwork?

>Legal Supplements
>recommend creatine

>Idk how that shit works in my country
I dont know either.
>is test checking separate from bloodwork?
Eh, depends. There is probably a place where you can do it all. Check some sports doctors, maybe they will help, they know how this shit works

if it's legal it doesn't work or it's dangerous

want safe tested drugs that work, they are all banned.

Fixing vitamin/mineral deficiences can help.
Vit D if you don't get enough sun.
Iron or B12 if you don't eat meat.
Magnesium, zinc, or boron for testosterone.
Iodine for thyroid.

I took 750mg of phenibut. First time using it. Party in ~6 hours. Will I be good or do I need more?

40 yr old here. Never too late.

Diet is mission critical for us. Heavy animal protein, greens, brown rice, little to no alcohol. Protein shakes. Shop on the outer ring of the grocery store. Water and nothing else. Keep it clean 85% of the time so you can fuck off every so often and not turn into a fatty bloated mess. RIP any gains you had quick. We ain't 25 anymore.

Be diligent about form or risk destroying ligaments and joints. Can't lift it? Who cares, lose the ego and drop weight. Use a foam roller after lifting + shower (muscles will be loser and relaxed).

While this program isn't for everyone, one muscle group per session works incredibly well over the long term. You can blast a muscle group and have ~ week recovery time. I0min bike warmup, 1.5+hrs of lifting and 10min heavy bag work at the end. Usually stick to a 5x5 style plan but pay closer attention to the form > weight > reps. Supplement with Yoga or some kind of daily stretching routine or you'll fuck something up sooner or later. Train legs so often it becomes enjoyable. Do em so much you crave it. Your upper body will thank you. Abs too, it's all connected.

Deadlifts, squats (yes your knees and back will be fine if you drop weigh and use perfect form), bench. Ease into OHP or any exercise with a motion that can compromise joints. Subtle adjustments can make a world of difference. Use your phone to video or ask someone knowledgeable to check your form. FYI often times the guys lifting beside you know more than a Superfit Globo Gym Trainer. YMMV

Sleep is your best friend now, try to get 6+ a nite and 20/45/90min naps when necessary (to match rem cycles). Blackout curtains and white noise work wonders too. 5min of meditation a day.

You will be sore as fuck for 6mo straight. Push thru that and you'll emerge a new man. Don't be discouraged seeing younger guys get (natty) huge overnight. Rather, see what you can learn from them to push past your current plateau to the next level! Good luck OP.

eat food. real food.

If you're doing this stuff, you're definitely gonna make it.

45 here. I do some of this, but not all. Good advice. I'll try to step up my game a bit.

Thanks, fellow oldfag.

>boron
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21129941

pretty interesting, never heard of this before. I wonder if I can just add a small bit of borax to my daily smoothie.

Take 1.25 g more and take caffeine before you leave for the party, be careful with drinking too much as well.

It's still probably best lifting at ~60% (on hypertrophy reps) every day.

Hope you don't plan on drinking at the party. Phenibut effectively doubles the effect of alcohol (i.e. 1 drink will have the same effect on your body as 2 drinks).

But to answer your question, yes, you should be fine with that amount, but for future reference it is best to space out smaller doses than take that much at once. There is a pretty decent beginner's guide on Plebbit.

you can take 5g at once, I do it all the time and it feels like an orgasm throughout the entire experience.

and you can drink quite a bit honestly just don't go too fast. better with weed so you can calm down and smoke as much as you want.

There's so much fear around phenibut lol it's funny

Great info, I'll adjust the plan accordingly.

>Its ok because the government says it is

go to UK for 3 years

steroids are legal

take steroids

>go to Muslim homeland
nice try Muhammad

Kek

To build muscle faster? It's bullshit. It doesn't mean you can't take supps for better sleeping pattern, appetite increase, energy, among other physiological changes that will indirectly increase your muscle mass.

For sleep quality you can use pregabalin or gabapentin. Both are addictive, though, and the abstinence is kind of nasty, but won't be if you don't do them daily (i.e. in case of an emergency, like panic attack or accidentally having coffee too late). Magnesium increases sleep quality if you're low on it.

Melatonin increases how fast you get sleepy, but it absolutely and positively will not knock you down, but if you're disciplined, it can help you sleep. It also slightly increases quality of sleep. You can use 5-HTP instead of melatonin, but note you should eat plenty of proteins in the morning or you'll feel groggy - which doesn't happen with melatonin.

For appetite increase I can think of yeast, probiotics, and a few antidepressants, but guessing you don't want to use antidepressants, just ask for probiotics in a drugstore or supplement store.

For energy, obviously you can use caffeine, but you can also use phenylalanine or tyrosine (NOT phenethylamine) for a more sustained, less heart-burn stimulation. Modafinil is great for this too, better than all of the above.

Obviously, Omega 3, vitamin D and vitamin C are essential, but with western diets, they're particualrily lacking, so supplementing on them it's not a bad idea. Even if you get non-pathological levels, it doesn't mean you're getting optimal levels, so better have that covered.

If you still have a tough choice, let me rank the most important supps I've mentioned:
1) Omega 3
2) Vitamin D
3) Caffeine
4) Melatonin

You don't really need more than that. But if you don't mind me saying this, I think TRT is not a bad idea at your age, but I've just snorted meth, so, take my advice with a grain of salt.

>To build muscle faster? It's bullshit.
Creatine. Gives a modest boost of strength and it stores more water in your muscles, making them bigger and fuller.

As far as other shit goes, yeah, you are right.

42 yo here, at 40 lost 50 lbs. resting heart rate was in the 80s before that, now im running, rhr is in the low 50s. down to about 20% body fat, going to start lifting in the winter.

from what I know about it, melatonin basically just resets your circadian rythmn and does little to nothing else.

So you need to take it right before the appropriate time for sleep, and actually go to sleep at that time. Repeat for a week, and your body more quickly adjusts to sleeping at that same time every day.

OP here, great advice, thanks brother

> I think TRT is not a bad idea at your age, but I've just snorted meth, so, take my advice with a grain of salt.

haha oh shit

faggot

>detected

Heres the list.

1.zinc and magnesium
Important : 50mg zinc gluconate and 400mg magnesium citrate. Take them before sleep.
2.ashwanganha
Increases testosterone and helps you sleep more easily
3.d3 vitamin
Take this if you don't see the sun too often
4.tribulus 2.000 mg
Better strength and libido
5.korean ginseng
Does the same as tribulus.

Pretty expensive but they work.

user, if you like posting here now, and it's not having a negative impact on your life, then odds are you will still be posting here by that time.

I've been lurking casually since 05.

Also, to the OP, it's not too late. You've got me by two years. Just eat better and train.

>Abusing currently legal supplement
>Ruining it for everyone else when it eventually gets banned because faggots like you overdose
>Heavy drinking
>Weed

Degenerate detected, opinion rejected

>thinking 5 g is even half of what it would take to overdose
I don't even feel anything under 3 g of phen, I usually take 3.5 or 4 g for a normal night out.
I've had friends who have done 10 g and functioned just fine, it would take quite a bit of it to fuck someone up.

Zinc and magnesium compete for absorption, take one in the morning and one at night.

It's far more than what it takes to become tolerant to it and when people with addictive personalities (whether they realize it or not) just have to have that feeling again, that's when the overdoses start to happen.

Take people like Piano Man for instance. Most people can roid with no major issues but he had to be a faggot and ruin it for everyone else. Make one mention of legalizing steroids now and everyone will point to his death and how we have to keep a ban on steroids to save the children.

The first time I took phen it was 2 g and I felt nothing, most of my friends are the same (they all have pretty severe anxiety issues).
It certainly isn't tolerance, I only take it once every one or two months.

It takes so much volume of phenibut to ingest to hurt yourself I would be surprised if someone would do it, ingesting over 20 g of phenibut would be a feat.

All this supp talks reminds me of the first time I took creatine, never again..

>driving
>full bag of creatine about the size of 2 big clenched fists hidden under my car seat
>gotta get home
>hear sirens
>look in rear view mirror to see police
>the car follows me and flashes me to pull over
>die a little
>I pull to the side
>cop car pulls to the side
>see officer getting papers or whatever while inside his car
>getting mad and nervous
>bend forward and lightly punch my door in anger
>see the bag of creatine I hid under the seat
>panic a little, cops in this area are notorious for searches
>processing a solution
>too much creatine to eat
>cop gets out of car
>ohshitohshit.jpg
>everything feels in slow motion
>squeeze the bag of creatine in my hand out of rage
>cop getting closer
>shove hand down pants and try to jam the bag up my butt
>cop near the car
>push it up as far as possibly, fighting through the pain and tightness
>try to relax and push but cop is nearing the window
>stop shoving and pull out hand just as cop looks into the window
>cop asks me to roll it down
>act natural and do what he says
>tells me to step out of car
>open door, feel intense butt pain upon first step
>take one more step
>tells me I was speeding and asks for my license, registration
>pull out license from wallet in pocket
>the registration is inside the car

>rage inside hard
>get it from the glove compartment
>take a step to hand it over and suddenly feel a tingling inside my ass
>cop takes registration
>hands start getting tense muscles growing, energy rising
>realise that the creatine bag must have burst open while inside my rectum
>just as cop is about to leave, he notices me getting tense and asks me if there is something wrong
>give him the creatine eyes
>he backs up slightly and reaches for utility belt
>creatine reflexes take over as I grab his arm and yank it
>cop falls to the ground, but gets up quickly
>grabs his radio and puts it to his mouth, but I kick him with the force of a rocket
>creatine is in control of my mind and body now
>lift cop and throw him into his car
>he lies motionless as I run to the car, lift it over my head and start doing squats
>finish my set and throw it into the traffic
>feel like a train and charge onto the highway, nothing but creatine running through my veins
>wake up in a hospital with a broken arm, leg, and ribs
>the worst part is the creatine withdrawl

>what are some good legal supplements to take to build up muscle faster?
A vegan diet with B12 and creatine.

Lmfao

>Multivitamins are beneficial, at least in my opinion.
Your opinion is shit. At best multivitamins don't do anything and at worst you will get too much of certain vitamins which will increase your risk for certain diseases.

protein power is a scam bro

Fish Oil, Zinc, D3 (winter)

start from here

Glad someone said it

Not him, but no, they can definitely be beneficial.
It's just that a lot of multivitamins are shit, and you have to do quite a bit of research to figure out which ones aren't, and what dosages are good.

There are a lot of people that have diets which are low in variety.
That can cause deficiences in certain micronutrients.
Even with a high-variety diet, you can get deficiencies, but more probable, non-optimal intake.

So step one should be fixing your diet, but a good multivitamin can certainly help alongside that.

A thing to keep in mind is that studies that are done with popular multivitamins don't reflect how a good multivitamin performs.