When did you first stall?

When did you first stall?
What exercises / how much weight / how long did it take you to get there?

I just finished my 4th week of lifting and I've already failed OHP twice. I can't get past 32.5kg. Hell, I've deloaded, had a hard time even with 30kg. Not having 0.5kg plates doesn't help.

On the other hand, I did 4 chinups in a row today. Perfect form.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU
youtube.com/watch?v=R6RTDJnzHis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

failed on 27.5 kg OHP

here i am, 2.5 years later, and the heaviest i've pressed is 45 kg

>deloading after 4 weeks of training

ahahah oh fuck

some of us aren't meant to make it

>4th week of lifting
>Perfect form

Literally been there myself.
1. Eat
2. Sleep
3. Fix form
4. Increase volume (minimalism just doesn't work)
5. And perhaps most importantly, hype the fuck up when you train. The mental game is at least as important as all the previous points.

Fuck off, niggers. I'm a skelly dyel. I'm trying. I'm sure you got to 8pl8 OHP in 2 months.

What makes you think I'm not?
I wasted years pressing sub 50 most of the time stuck on 30kg

Was there, OP.

I wasn't pushing my hips, and the bar path wasn't a straight line. Went from 30kg to 38kg in less than a week.

>1st year lifters are deloading

This is why the internet is also bad. Newbies training like advanced lifters. Fucking lol.

not op but is chinup form that hard?

If you are failing 65lbs ohp it's not because of minimalism.

LONDON

haven't stalled yet, but I probably will soon on squats or benchpress

PUSHED PAST 60 KG 3x5 YESTERDAY MY FRIENDS

I made the mistake of having a too wide grip on the bar when i started out. It got easier once I narrowed it down and fixed my form

I wouldnt recommend testing your max more than once a month and not even that.

Protip: eat more

-Put the bar under your lats
-Rest at the top position (like every press rep)
-Squeeze your ass like you have uncontrollable diarrhea
-Shove your head trough your shoulders as you lift the bar out of your way

Stalled at a year on deads, at 315x1.

Took me a whole year to figure out Veeky Forums is full of shit and sets of 10 make you way stronger than sets of 5, that 1x5 is retarded etc.

I stalled after 4 weeks as well but I'm on a hard cut and only eating 1200 cals a day

NUMBER ONE REASON FOR LIFT STALLING IS POOR NUTRITION

second of course youre sleeping less than 8 hours

Eating more makes you DL more.

OHP has always been my best proportional lift for whatever fucking reason
>tfw strict OHP 125x5 and only bench 155

But I weigh the same now as I did back then, except I can deadlift like 350x10. In fact at times I weigh less than I did.

See this is what's wrong with Veeky Forums, they prescribe shitty exercise plans that provide too little time under tension to stimulate decent strength gains beyond beginner level, then if you don't get the fabled huge strength gains that almost nobody reports, they say you didn't fatbulk enough.

No, it's because the party line nutrition/diet advice here is just shit.

also here's how I did it:
youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU

>watch rippletits' video on the OHP
>nigga says to breath in at the top of the movement
Yeah nah that just feels wrong.

Do you rest at the bottom of a bench press ?
Whats wrong with you ?

No I don't rest at the bottom of the bench press but it just feels weird doing it at the top when I'm doing the OHP compared to breathing in when the bar is at the bottom

Well i personally struggled to increase my OHP from 40kg but when i started resting at the top i started progressing.

Youre pretty green given you're 4 weeks in. The OHP takes a long time to improve, requires good form, and I would recommend making accessory workouts a staple of your press. Jeff Cavalier has a good sore in 6 minutes shoulder workout which I recommend. I would also recommend Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 and BBB and be patient with the press.
youtube.com/watch?v=R6RTDJnzHis

There's no need to be racist man.

The hype shit is real

>be skelly 130 lb dyel
>doing pullups next to the platform
>two big pajeet curlbros with sticklegs come to do diddys
>they struggle at 1.5plaet
>notice me watching
>they load up 2plaet and get scared, talk in poo language
>I finally work up the courage to talk to them
>hype them up
>'cmon guys even I can do that, you can too'
>don't believe me, want me to show them
>walk up to the platform and hoist that shit with ease, gently lower it like a sleeping baby
>they look at each other with surprise
>get mad and finally do it
>want to chill with me after but I got a workout to do sorry boys

Little did they know that I stalled on that weight two days ago

Yeah I stalled on OHP. At 80lb. Fixed that by buying a set of 1 lb wrist straps.

Stalled on squat at 140lb, and at 190. Don't think I'm done failing at squats yet, will probably have to reset a few more times before I get to respectable weight there.

My biggest stall is on the bench. I never made it to 3 plates. I've been training for 6 years.

It took me 1.5 years to hit two plates, 100kg

2 years later, after a period of 8 months of really solid training, I got as close as I ever did: 135kgs. just 5kgs ( 12lbs) away from 3pl8.

But that's really close to my genetic limit. Every week I take off, I lose 2 weeks worth of work when I get that far. If I take a month off, I fall back to my current base, which is a max of 120kgs.

I've been there, through irregular training periods, depression, injury, and med school, ever since, with a max bench between 120-130 and never making it to 3pl8.

Im back now and I'm up to 125, I hope to make it before next summer. That's my goal, but god damn it's hard.

My OHP has been stuck at 40kg for like 2 months now.

There is always need to be racist, especially against black people.

you started using stretch reflex at the bottom

>random curlbros scared to deadlift lmao2plaet
made me kek

>32.5kg
I train for 4 years and I can OHP with 40kg. Bar included.

that's really really bad. like, for real, not the meme kind of bad.

are you skelly skellington?

Rude.
They are trying to help, telling you not to try this advanced stuff after only four weeks of training (in a rude way, that's true, but still).
Instead do what said.

I'm skinnyfat but one of my shoulders is fucked.

>When did you first stall?
A long time ago
>What exercises
All of them.
>how much weight
My OHP was 45kg back then.
>how long did it take you to get there?
A few months.

Turned out I wasn't getting enough protein back then.

that's understandable. try to unfuck your shoulder or focus on a different lift

I can't unfuck my shoulder. It hasn't enough space because I also got scoliosis.

True. Dyels who can't bench a pl8 talking about bulking and cutting

its your 4th week for a reason.
just keep on trying m8.

First stall was probably around 155x1 on OHP or 210ishx5 on bench. Took ~8 months for OHP and maybe 10-11 for bench. Broke both plateaus, TM for OHP (1rm probably 175ish) and Smolov Jr. for bench (brought me up to 225x5)
Doing candito's 6 week now

are OHPs a lot different from standing dumbbell presses in terms of activation? I've been doing the latter because OHPs used to irritate my shoulders but that's now been resolved so I'm considering switching

Jesus christ man you gotta be fucking up big time.

>Do 5/3/1 a month into training

Shut the fuck up jesus christ.

Stalled on squats at 295 for 3x5 about 6 months in, Deads at the same number a little bit earlier, OHP at 120 for 3x5 (could have grinded it out but I felt like a deload was necessary), Bench form was really taking a hit so deloaded at 215 for 3x5 to fix it.

>>they load up 2plaet and get scared

This happened.