Can someone redpill me on swimming?

I'm a newfag to Veeky Forums. Chubby. Just started swimming and I'm seeing results.
What can I do to improve myself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4E9O2Iz4WwE
swimoutlet.com/mens-swim-jammers-c9262/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Great cardio, widens back, develops back muscles, improves posture, possible leg gainz if you do it correctly.

>former junior pro swimmer

Also, take a class or something so you learn how to swim correctly not just flap around like an idiot, wasting energy.

Oh hell yeah man. I'm tried of running for my cardio like some chump. I need that full body workout.

>take class
With 7yearolds?

What an insecure betafag, this is why you will never be Chad and never gonna make it.

You can find a swim coach pretty easily now that triathlons are so popular

If your swim level is that low yes
If you can't swim 50 meters in 25 or less seconds you're out of shape

Yes, proper form, motion and pace are key in swimming. If you're too much of a pussy to do it, enjoy looking like a douchebro swimming and wasting energy

>50m in 25s

OP here, I can't do tht and I am out of shape, but I'm pretty confident my technique is okay. I used to swim a lot when I was younger.

How can you waste energy when the goal is just to burn calories (waste energy)?

I need to get to the other end of the pool like right fucking now.

Spastic moves are not the best way to burn calories. Learning at least basic form is important, you want to use your energy to propel yourself, not to splash water around.
Also, swimming with improper form can be bad for your bad and neck.

>ywn be valtteri bottas and drive fast cars and fugg emilia

this is a decent guide for freestyle form.
youtube.com/watch?v=4E9O2Iz4WwE

Thanks.

If you don't have someone watching you then you will make bad habbits, and that's the worst thing for your swimming.
Your form will feel perfect, you feel like you're gliding through that water, much better than before and still you can have terrible form from an outsider's point of view.
My pool offers trainers that look at your form and give you some tips, without really coaching you, find somtehing like that if your too proud/cheap for real lessons, I'd recommend normal lessons nonetheless.

All that chlorine can't be good for you. Swimming in the sea on the other hand is probably good for you.

How does an usual workout look for you?

I'm not a great swimmer, my pool is only 25m long and i do something like this:
10 laps - warmup (slow paced mixed styles)
5x4 laps medium intensity mixed (i usually do breaststroke - freestyle - backstroke - freestyle).
5x2 laps high intensity freestyle (basically a sprint)
a few more laps to unwind and relax.

2-3 times a week

>If you can't swim 50 meters in 25 or less seconds you're out of shape

KYS. Competed on national level in swimming and 50m freestyle was my specialty. Did 50m in 27,63s

hear me out fagt
>saw michael phelps
>i want that
>go swimming
> 2 or 3 times a week
>after one year
>skinny and sixpack BUT
>no arms
>no legs
>back not that big
>only decent chest and shoulders
>decent as in ripped dyel and only looking good if you compare to someone who doesn´t work out at all
if you want to gain mass with swimming you need to hit the water 5 to 6 times a week
but swimming is really good to lose weight
swimming and going to the gym at the same time is not unheard of
but don´t think you can gain mass if you did it like me

Is swimming really god tier cardio?
I need to improve my heart health.

>live in sunny and highly touristic area of EU
>surrounded by pools, both olympic and regular
>have access to them any day, any time
>actually love swimming, and looking for new cardio
>have crippling body dysmorphia since childhood and won't even take off my shirt
I'm staying on my bike.

>full body cardio
>water keeps you cool/washes away any sweat instantly
>doesn't kill gains

however

>chlorinated water smells like shit and fucks your skin and hair

Just stick to the beach. I'd rather deal with any potential leeches anyway.

I was the same. I wouldn't say crippling but pretty bad. I forced myself to go for my kid.
Lot of fat ugly people there.
Made it easier.

Good info.
Right now I just want to stop being fat. Once I don't hate my belly I'll consider going further.
Fact is I'm badly poor right now. Too poor for gym. I have a bike and a floor for pushups.

omg nobody cares about you. just go and do your thing, user

>former junior pro swimmer

now shitposter on a hentai image board for nolifer

where did it go wrong...

same here, after 1 year or so.
i see progress for chest, shoulders, back and abdomen, but not so much for arms.
anyone tried combining swimming with some dumbbell exercises for arm strength?

FUCKING YES

nice girl op, swimsuit butt is GOAT

You can get a lot more from your workout with proper form. Be careful though, those 7yo chads will dunk you in the kiddie pool and amog you in front of their 2nd grader gfs

kek

>tendonitis in my right shoulder
>haven't swam for more than 4 months now
>picking heavy weight and putting then down isn't as fun
>feelsbadman

Can I do anything to finally recover ? I'm putting ice on my shoulder and some diclofenac, also stretching and doing some controlled movements for mobility.
This is taking forever, that's not fair.

Lmao the chlorine is way better than all the shit you get in the sea, unless you live in some island paradise with perfectly blue seas

> if you cant swim on near olympian lvl you are out of shape

Daily reminder to not take advice on this shitboard srs

Never learnt how to swim so I'm taking a class at my local university which has a series of them. I'm going to them all.

real question: when you guys go swimming, what kind of suit do you wear? I feel like the baggy ones you can get at any store aren't right for it, but neither are the racing suits

if you are swimming for the sake of exercise, go ahead and get a 'jammer' style suit or something.

see: swimoutlet.com/mens-swim-jammers-c9262/

just get a cheap one, most of the expensive ones are for competition and will wear out pretty quickly. you can do it in normal swimming trunks (baggy ones) but i honestly don't recommend it because the drag can mess with your form a bit, especially if you're a beginner

This. The only downside is that you must do it in the water.

Mine looks something like this:

Warm up 600m
20x50m freestyle on 1:05minute intervals
4x100m on each stroke style
1x100m cooldown any style
2x200m kick with table
8x25m kick at full capacity
1x100m cooldown any style
3x200m with paddle and pull buoy every 3minutes
And to finish take times on various 100m or 400m it depends on the day.

Thats a bit of what I remember now, the workouts are always changing but thats because I train with a local masters team (thats just the term for people over 18) and this is my third year. Im still shit comparede to people who have been swimming and compete for over 10years but still enjoy it a lot.

I do 30min bodyweight excercise before swimming and im close to ottermode but best combo is swim+gym

How much do you guys pay to swim? If i wanted to swim twice per week i would have to pay $80 per month

My place is £15 a month. It's more like £30 if I want to use the gym too.

how else do you expect to get a gf?

>600m
>warm up
I've got a long way to go.