/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

all time high time to buy edition

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Other urls found in this thread:

etf.com/channels/commodity-etfs
personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0952
matrixtrade.com/stocks/hot-stocks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The NEETs are up early for once I see.

Getting my wojaks ready.

yes i crawled out of my damp lair early today :^)

> -0.08 eps

I hurt myself today

My heart goes out to any /jap/ bros here. Nikkei getting absolutely walloped. US may take more business away from Japan, with new trade deals being sorted out with China.

don't see it? i'm looking at -.2% and nasdaq futures of -.5%. I think we're taking the loss.

US indices aren't doing too well either, but imo, the sell-off in Nikkei was much more fast-paced and steep.

>TRXC +6.32%
>LODE +14.43%
Is today going to be good for meme stocks, lads?

LODE reverse split is tomorrow.

If financials don't bounce back today I swear to God

Fugg, I thought it was today. Have to hold on to this shitbag for two days now.

nasdaq certainly is getting pretty hammered right now

Yeah I'm getting out of my nasdaq stocks this morning. Shit is looking bad right now.

>These are the percentages stock cucks worry about.

definitely stick to your plan, but personally I'm waiting to see if this is just a bounce (inb4 it's not)

I feel stocks are so overvalued right now. Should I buy into commodities? Are there ETFs for that?

surprising to see gold perform with such weakness, despite the dollar index dropping

1% of 300k is 3000/day movement. come back with real money shitcoiner.

There's ETFs for everything. I'm rotating into commodities today. This last earnings season is proof that the tech bull is running out of steam.

Do you recommend any in particular? Or how would I research what to buy into?

I own VOO right now, probably keeping some of that (what do you think?), and then was going to sell most my tech stocks and move into commodities?

What kinda commodities are you looking to buy? personally I'm going to load up on gold and oil. Here's a good resource.

etf.com/channels/commodity-etfs

Not sure. Was thinking oil and some kind of materials that get used for fuel efficient cars and planes? Maybe carbon fiber, magnesium, and those types of things? I'm really out of my league.

Oil has been low for so long and seems to be rebounding. I think the arabs flooding the market kinda backfired on them, because now it seems US companies can be more profitable at a lower price. It forced them to get more efficient. But I don't really know.

XXII master race. also holding ARCI through earnings.

I mean I see personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0952 and think maybe it's actually risky?

It's definitely starting to wake up from its bear market. The upcoming Aramco deal is what is going to set the field for the years ahead.

It looks like NAK might have another bull day again.

Those fucking UVXY call options I bought yesterday on a whim are going to fucking double aren't they? I'm buying JNUG too, and waiting on this TRXC lift off.

When people say the "equities market" that doesn't include commodities, right?

Like this:
>Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A). BRK has a beautiful, clear trend sequence from the 2009 lows. This is a big tell of the maturity of the equity market and it is likely to top very soon for a large decline to the bottom of the channel - and ultimately - a break of the channel in order to correct this long trend sequence.
matrixtrade.com/stocks/hot-stocks/

That refers more to the NASDAQ and so forth? Basically saying that these stocks are due for a correction?

I mean NYSE, NASDAQ, DOW --- all of those.

I don't know about oil today though. Definitely long in gold. I mean actually Oil is a good seasonal play along with the unrest in the Arab region, but just it's been running pretty steady the past few days, I'm expecting some kind of pull back or flattening in it's curve.

Yeah UVXY is going to fucking moon bro. If you want a leveraged index, I'd be long in Russia today.

Shares in Fuckbag O'Shaughnessy's Toilet Bowl Grill are now available, if you're interested

NAK ATTAK. Let's go boys. Partnership news soon. Ez fucking epa annoucement. Where my naketeers at?

I'll wait till their first earnings report, I got burned on my last IPO. Plus with the NFL fucking every company that goes near it, I'm not touching anything with bowl in it's name until March.

You gotta pay the gains toll if you want to get in the B hold.

A name change could be in order, and maybe our dividends shouldn't be paid out in the form of doubloons I made in my garage....

Maybe a new business model too. Like make the servers wear traditional Irish shit that reveals a lot of cleavage, and a free shot of whiskey with every order of overpriced Shepard's pie, and sell some fucking trinkets and trash like overpriced t-shirts and beer mugs.

Can someone help a newb out?

Here are my stocks:
>JPM
>TRXC
>LODE
>F
>VOO
>AMD
>SHOP
>BABA
>PYPL
>BAC

Can someone give me some advice on what to do with each of my stocks? The bank stocks are turds I was an idiot for getting into that, tech stocks have been doing shitty will they get better for the holidays?, got some meme stocks, Ford thought maybe was a good pickup cheap hoping it bounces up a bit and I can sell it.

I've been making money off VOO and meme stocks, all my long term holds have been shit other than VOO. Been trading for about a month and up 2% but only because of meme stocks and that was more of a gamble that went right than anything else.

well laa dee da its lookin like LODE might actually make me something other then suicidal.

What's the catch?

Should the owner quit or step up drinking?

Get Nak

I got LODE and TRXC, I think I'm pretty meme'd up right now.

don't judge bank stocks too harshly, when the general market is getting hit

Nak isnt a meme tho? Ask bagholder

TRXC looking good pre market. Where's there dude that went all in 10k shares yesterday. He's going to celebrate.

I mean what are your goals? You need to have a strategy for how you're managing the different parts to get to those goals. Sometimes you have to just drop the bags and move onto something else.

>Sometimes you have to just drop the bags and move onto something else.
This, I don't think I'll ever fully get the hang of doing this, but I'm getting better.

I literally made 5k off NAK in the last month. It's super consistent.

>This TRXC pump

When do we sell boys? I don’t want to hold onto this till earnings. $3.00? $3.20?

is that Pandora user still here?

that thing just doesn't have a bottom :(

Did you day trade it? It was going in between 190 and 210 for a long time last month. I should have been buying and selling but with only 600$ in, im waiting for the big pay off.

Where's the news for TRXC? Was I memed on?

Okay. Maybe hold through the new year?

I don't have a strategy. I'm trying to learn. I feel like I got to stocks too late so really hesitant to put much in, because I think it's going to correct soon. Once it corrects then I want to already know how to work the market so I can start investing. Maybe that's a year, maybe that's five years, but, I feel like now is a bad time to do long term stuff like I want to do.

But maybe in the meantime commodities or a mix of international bonds or something? If I think the stock market is going to correct, where should I put money?

Big picture is I have like 207,000 just sitting in my checking account like an idiot. Not sure what to do with it. And it's growing fast because of my pay combined with very low expenses (no family, no gf, no friends, no expensive hobbies).

Waiting 4 BOTZ dip due to NVDA.
Buying LIT dip in meme time.

No news, just earnings today, supposed to be after hours

Is it too late to hop on UVXY?

ER 4:05pm.

Bank stocks are safe, long-term. I would advise against "investing" in commodities, if you're just starting off. You can always allocate most of your available amount towards a low cost index fund.

agreed, put 90% in index fund. play with 10% on memes. or something close to that ratio.

Like a Vangaurd four-portfolio index fund?

If the stock market corrects, how bad would that get hit?

Pussy.
Not gonna make it.
Enjoy mediocrity.

wtf sort of question even is this? how can you not figure this out by yourself?

If you're just starting out and go all in on memes you're going to lose big and get scared away.

Don't you love retards?

Take a look at Vanguard's (or any other option) general market etf's, one that covers the SP500 tends to be a good place to start.

Your concerns about the market being overvalued are warranted, imo, but this is due to larger scale macro issues coming into play. The best thing to do, if you're worried, is to stagger your entry. Choose a fund, then split up the total amount you plan to allocate, then invest whenever you feel comfortable to do so.

I mean right now, today we're probably going to have a red day, and you've got quite a bit of capital saved up to work with. My advice would be to trade paper for a month because you're probably going to lose money to start, and stick that in something like 20% in something like ANGL and put the other 80% spread across other sectors that are kind of at a low like the Mining sector, maybe get some energy sector and REIT. It's just really you're buying at ALL-TIME-HIGH, but it's like this bull market could keep going into next quarter off of good economic news. This Trump presidency is a fucking blessing, but the more this market goes up the bigger the inevitable crash is going to be.

TRXC isn't a meme stock. It's actually going to be very valuable in the near future. Right now it's just being used as a swing trade by most of us, but I would recommend the more serious traders here hold a few shares to the side and forget about them. This thing has a lot of potential.

I currently own 642 shares. I'm hoping to dump about 450 today if it gets around $4. The rest I will hold for now, even if it crashes. Too much potential to sell it all.

I went all in on memes and i turned out fine.

>90% barely beat inflation
>10% winners
Kys

Looks like the pink wojak AMD memes are back in business boys good tiems

DJI +19.23% in 2017.
Inflation is over 20% this year?

Those funds are like buying the whole market. They get hit just as fucking bad as the entire correction. If this market drops 20% you lose 20%.

Whoever is making these don't stop

Is VOO considered a general market ETF? Sorry for the dumb questions, I appreciate the help.

Yeah, I mean maybe I just keep my money in cash for a while and tinker to learn and yeah some stuff that's lower. I'm not sure how to really scout that though. I mean tech is probably too high for me to be in long term.

If you are just talking about another quarter of good economic news, you don't seem too optimistic either. How big of a correction you think there will be?

yeah, VOO is an ETF which follows the S and P 500 index

MOMMY TELL AMD TO STOP FALLING.
RIGHTTTT NOOOOOWWWWW
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well maybe I just keep my money sitting in a bank and wait it out. I didn't have any money to invest when the last correction happened, so, maybe now I just wait for whenever the next one is to start?

Keep a bit of money in some ETFs like mentioned but the bulk just in the bank safe?

Thank you.

Thank god I sold my cum eating instructions.

Yeah that's called buying the dip. It's how you make money in the market. Don't get me wrong, if GDP growth continues and unemployment keeps falling, this bull market isn't ending. It's just we're in uncharted territory right now, and I am loving every minute of it.

TOPS

fuck amd and fuck asian people

That was rude

Well someone fell a little short on expectations

Why the fuck is AMD dropping

This isn’t even meme stock. No news, just people selling

Don't you dare insult Mommy like that!

This is retarded, I thought it was supposed to be a red day!

What are some stocks that will rise over the Christmas holidays or past new years?
Does that even happen?

:^)

Also:
>AMD
>not a meme stock
Pick one

>TRXC
Hold into earnings lads you will not regret it.

Is that bread?

>tfw one of your stocks pop 10% but the rest dropz another 10% to make up for it
T-thanks

That was 2 days ago it's done nothing but go down. Not even past 11 too

The joke is that the sane thing for AMD to do is go down.

Anyone else just make a cool profit off that LODE bump?

That article is about how it should be going up

>tfw made 1k before grabbing a cup of coffee

Oh