Maintaining muscle strength in the military

OP is doing his year long mandatory military service in a recoinnassance company. During practices my daily caloric consumption is somewhere between 4000 to 5000 kcals.

Are bodyweight exercises sufficient or should I add barbell excercises with rep range of 3 to 5?

>Are bodyweight exercises sufficient
No.
>should I add barbell excercises with rep range of 3 to 5
Yes.

Hahaha oisko jäbä kandenu mennä sivarii :---DDDD???
TYYLII 7,5 EUROO PÄIVÄRAHAA JA SALIL SAA KÄYDÄ VAPAASTI.
OLIN SAIRAALAS TÖIS JA SIEL OLI KUNTOSALI HÄHÄHÄHÄHHÄHÄÄÄÄ xDDDDDD OWNED
AINII JA SAIN MENNÄ ILLAKS HIMAA LMAO :DDDDDD NUKU SIEL SIT HIKISTEN HEIKKIEN KESKELLÄ SAMAL KU MEITSI NUKKUU MUIJAN GAA UUH UUH, LÄLLIS LÄÄ HÄ HÄ HÄÄÄÄ!
Aamuja.

I am so sorry you had to see this

WhAt is the meme about?

Poista tää viesti heti!

Onks Säkylässä kuntosalii tietääkö kukaan? And no bodyweight exercises are nod suffigent :-D

Voi ei, leivotin piirakka 153 gramman sokerilla. Mitä vittua teen / sovi? Hitto vieköön. Vittu rikas piano.

En usko, että tarvitset muuta treeniä laukkujen kantamisen lisäksi. Riippuen päivistä busseja voi tulla monta ja kun jokaisella on mukanaan 2-3 matkalaukkua tai kassia niin siinä saa kantaa selkä mutkalla niitä.

Miten sä saat armeijassa 4-5 tuhatta kaloria päivässä? Ihan naurettavan paljon

Käyt siellä varuskunnan salilla sit iltavapailla, jos ja kun niitä on.

It is about Finnish conscripts trained by the Border Guard instead of the Defence Forces and how superior they are (a joke, all recoinnassance guys are tough)

>caloric consumption

Kulutus, ei saanti. Tämä muodostaa haasteen.

Consumption on kyllä saanti pelle.
Sanakirjasta:

consume
kənˈsjuːm/Submit
verb
eat, drink, or ingest (food or drink).
"people consume a good deal of sugar in drinks"
synonyms: eat, eat up, devour, ingest, swallow, gobble, gobble up, wolf down, gorge oneself on, feast on; More

Kalorien kulutus englanniksi on caloric deficit, caloric expenditure tai calories burned.

Hmmm.

Hmmmm.

HMMMM.

>Kalorien kulutus englanniksi on caloric deficit

Englannista M?

I grew up in the military and most of my friends at the age of 19 onward were enlisted guys. Most if not all bases should have a gym, and don't fall into the "fuck the first girl who is interested in you so you can move out of the dorms" meme. Too many nice guys end up with fat wives and dumb kids because of that.

Do whatever you can, when you can. It's not likely you'll have a lot of time to work out anyway and if you do, you'll often be too tired just from your daily/weekly routine.

t. just got done with my service in a reconnaisance company in Estonia a few months ago.

P.s have fun in winter. Barbell exercises will be the last thing on your mind after having spent 4-5 consecutive nights sleeping outside in the open air in January.

All the best.

Just how big % of Veeky Forums are actually Finns? This explains a lot.

this

Thanks man. I'm certainly looking forward for winter and getting 6 hours of sleep in a week.

Haista vittu ainaki 99 brosenttii meistä on suomalaisia :-DD

German guy in army basic atm here.
We have a gym at our base.
It has a big variety of dumbells, 4 benches, 2 smith mashines and a space where you can do deadlifting with a free barbell.
Also some pullup bars and a few mashines, so the only problem would be to having to squat in the smithmashine bcuz there ain't a rack or cage here.

I doing well here so far and was able to increase my deadlifting by 8kg since i am here (4weeks)

tää :DD

Ootko vittu näin tyhmä oikeesti :D
Consumption tarkottaa SAATUJA KALOREITA KUN PUHUTAAN KALOREISTA. Voi vittu mikä retardi.
Caloric Consumption = Calorie intake eli määrä saatuja kaloreita, ei poltettuja.

Consumption tarkoittaa kuluttamista siinä mielessä kuten ruuan kuluttamista eli syömistä. Ei kalorien kuluttamista, sitä ei voi käyttää siinä tarkoituksessa.

Holy fuck you guys get internet in basic

In the American Army you just get smoked all fucking day and no outside contact

Read Tactical Barbell 1+2

Calisthenics are great and enough if you're a POG. If you're in combat arms, get to powerlifting.

Han katsoi maan reunalta tahtea putoavaa

I'm a POG and stronger than most grunts I know. I drag my infantry friend to the gym with me and he can hardly bench 135 and his squats and deadlifts are pretty bad. I've met maybe 2 grunts (in my unit) that are my strength or stronger.

> 4-5kcal in the military

Must be some baby tier military. Or you are full of shit