When did it all go so wrong?

When did it all go so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ee___z_VoYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ronnie absolutely destroys Arnie in every way

Yep but Arnie is more aesthetic anyway

Fuck off, commie.

My best guess is Dorian. Shawn, Flex, and Kevin all had better lines and aesthetics and Dorian's midsection was just horrifying but they gave it to him anyway. The transition from Lee to Dorian really sealed the deal. And even if he won in 1993, from 94 onwards it was highly questionable because in 94 it was Shawn, 95 it was Kevin, and in 97 it was Nasser

Except in aesthetics and health.

even arnold was too big desu

Arnie's arms look better than Ronnie's desu senpai and his proportions overall look better

1998 version of Ronnie was godly

>proportions
>no upper back thickness
>genetically wide waist causing him to twist in all his poses
>notably bad triceps, to the point that in 1980 he was doing biceps shots when called to triceps poses in the Olympia and just claiming he misheard the judges
>chest so big his lat spread was ruined
>legs so thin he might tip over
Arnold was great for that cartoon look but I wouldn't say proportional. But if you compare him to Ronnie well then he blows him out of the water kek. "Proportion" got thrown out the window around 2000

Bigger =/= more aesthetic

Literally none of thos things are important.

And lol at the Arnold had no legs meme.

Compared to Ronnie he really didn't.

>someone takes time to point out flaws in a physique in a contest based around pointing out flaws
>"none of those things are important though!"
Arnold nuthuggers never cease to amaze me

he wasnt roiding as much. That's the only difference.

When will the "more roids" meme end

being a quadzilla is not aesthetic.

This is about aesthetics, no who has the more grotesque leg tumors.

Arnold's most underwhelming pose imo

>natty gainz bro

if you want to talk about aesthetics it went wrong even in arnie's time because zane was way more aesthetic with a thinner waist, proportional chest/arms

Nah, Zane was too small. Arnold had aesthetics, but he also had that hyper-manly look, like he was a literal superhero. Zane was like a greek statue, Arnold was like an Olympian god.

Well i guess that's debatable, but whenever i compare pics of arnie and him zane had perfect proportions and arnie was all weird with big arms, long limbs, huge chest, small legs and shit back

How can you critique Arnold's legs and the post a pic of Zane? His legs weren't any bigger.

Arnold had the right idea with his legs, slim legs + large upper body is aesthetics, xbox quads are not. They make you look clumsy and stubby.

judges were horny and wanted BIGGER and THICCER muscles similar to pic related

Arnold's biceps, chest and abs are better. If you honestly think Ronnie had a better chest than Arnold you need to go to Specsavers lad.

I actually like mass bodybuilding, to see guys pushing 260-300 lbs. on stage is incredible. It's a spectacle really, it's what draws people to it and repels people from it.

His legs look pretty good here. Good size without cossing into the freak territory you saw on Ronnie and modern day guys.

Nice to include the bush for scale to illustrate what a manlet he was.

when you decided to start this thread

Ronnie is a disgusting freakshow.

Arnold is borderline to big for 95% of people.

That's 71, I think. His best year.

his legs looked good pre-contest

Arnold's Pro "Highlights"

>1970 NABBA Mr. Universe - professional in London, England. Who cares?
>1970 AAU Pro Mr. World in Columbus, Ohio. Sergio entered the competition after showing up only to watch Vasily Alexeev clean and jerk 500 in an exhibition, so Arnold walked away with an easy victory against one day-of entry Oliva and perrenial bridesmaid-in-competitions Dave Draper.
>1970 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York. Beat one guy who previously won uncontested.
>1971 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Paris, France. Beat two guys, one of whom was 50.
>1972 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Essen, Germany. Beat three disqualified opponents.
>1973 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York. Beat a guy he outweighed by 50 lbs and the sliced and diced but totally outmassed Serge Nubret, because Sergio was so pissed at Weider's shenanigans, tomfoolery, and balderdash to bother showing up.
>1974 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York. Beat one unseasoned competitor and two guys he outweighed by 50 lbs.
>1975 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Pretoria, South Africa. In his final lackluster Olympia victory before retiring, Arnold again defeated the Hulk, Serge Nubret, and a handful of guys who weighed what Arnold weighed in high school, all while competing light and having only trained a couple of months for the event.
>1980 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Sydney, Australia. Arnold is handed a victory in what is widely considered a fixed competition against decent competition, though seven of them would be considered "manlets" under today's standards because they weighed less than most novice lifters can bench.

That shot is from 74 which I think was his best year (71 a close second though)

He didn't look anywhere near as good the year after in Pumping Iron because he had to drop to 210 pounds for a movie and then only had 3 months to get back to competition weight when he wrapped it.

Go to bed, Mike.

youtube.com/watch?v=ee___z_VoYE

If you think this isn't good enough to compete with Arnold era bodybuilders, you're a fucking contrarian faggot.

i rather take arnies body over ronnies even if it is "better" by bb standards.

>He won because he was the best contestant

Next level analysis there mate. The only one he didn't deserve was 1980

Arnold has better arms, better chest, better delts, lats are extremely similar.
Arnold has much more definition on his legs too pretty much everywhere actually.

physique is pretty decent. Posing needs lots of work, he looks so awkward transitioning between poses.

I mean look at him

How can you even compare Arnold to this absolute beast

As soon as he hits the rear double bi it's game over

looks great, too big for my taste but w/e

>That's not real thick
literally me

Arny remains the most aesthetic bodybuilder to date

If all you care about is size, modern day bodybuilders are better, but aesthetic wise, Arnie's days were the golden age of bodybuilding

You just opened a can of worms friend. Expect the Zanefags to descend on you in a matter of minutes

Arnold looks better in every fucking way

>That bubble gut
>No vacuum
who let that fucker in?

Bodybuilding isn't about what you think looks good

Yeah, it's about what bigorexia-addled freaks think looks good, right?

1989 Ronnie is best ronnie.

No, it's about how much muscle mass you can retain while having 3% bodyfat.

Bodybuilding is a lot like Formula 1.

>ITT: I started lifting this summer and have just seen Pumping Iron, let me define professional bodybuilding for you. Edition: number of atoms in the universe

Right, that's what I said.

No, you said it's about looking good.

Bodybuilders aren't supposed to look good. They're supposed to build fat free musculature.

>Bodybuilders aren't supposed to look good

It's not a fucking beauty pageant.
It's literally about building a body.

it's a male beauty pageant and these guys are poofs

>No, it's about how much muscle mass you can retain while having 3% bodyfat.
AND while having the right proportions

look at ronnies core, he shouldve not even be able to place

That would be male bikini alias men's physique. The amateur version is literally called male beach fitness.

When AS became so advanced bodybuilders didn't care to stop because it just felt too good

Yeah, cause bodybuilding is totally not famous for g4p, right?