I injured my lower back and such I havent been able to squat or deadlift for a month...

I injured my lower back and such I havent been able to squat or deadlift for a month. Going to start a cut and wondering how I can maintain the muscles in my legs without those two. Any advice?

Also this is going to be a long cut so im stumped

Leg curls
Lunge (nod bregvest :DDD)

>nod bregvest
whats that

Eggs an toast and bagon.

gotcha

optimally you shouldnt cut til you are healed though

This, also leg press. You probably won't be able to get full ROM, just go as low as you comfortably can. Basically the three leg machines (leg press, leg extensions, leg curls) and lunges (weight with dumbbells if you can) are gonna be your bread and butter.

I should be trying to go as high intensity as i can during a cut right

I hurt my lower back last night doing squats. Thanks for the thread OP.

I actually fucked my lower back a few times. If you put pressure on it too early, you're going to totally undo the healing process. After my most recent accident, it's taken me 6 months to really heal. Just make sure you're stretching every single day and DO NOT work it out. Do not perform any lifts that put strain on your lower back.

Even OHP?

What are some less obvious workout that are no-go for people who've recently hurt their lower back?
I know squats and deadlifts are out.
leg press? should i only be doing things sitting?

Especially OHP, for the same reason as squats. That's a lot of weight compressing your spine. The muscles in your lower back also play a role in stabalization, and that's not what you want them to be doing. They need time to heal, not keep you balanced as you lift hundreds of pounds over your head.

Should I just do incline press then?

Most workouts that involve moving something over your head are bad. Seated upper body exercises are ok if the weight is light, but once you start to pack on the pounds, the pressure you put on your spine becomes too much. Seated leg exercises are all ok, they don't affect your back. I'd say 4 or 5 months from now, try some Roman situps. It's a good bodyweight exercise to bring some strength back to your lower back. A few months after that, feel comfortable adding weight or moving onto bigger exercises like OHP and squats. I personally wouldn't deadlift again until you see a doctor. Once you injure your back, that's it. It's always going to be prone to injury again. A professional should look at it to see if everything is ok before you go deadlifting and removing your ability to walk or put yourself in pain for the rest of your life.

And like I said, stretch. Don't let your back get stiff. Toe, touches child's post, cobra, and such all helped with my back. Also strapping some weights to your feet (light weights) and hanging from a bar gets a good stretch too.

If you can do it without putting strain on your lower back, go ahead. Keep in mind that anything you hold upright is suddenly weight pressing down on your spine. Too much will fuck you up if you've injured your back.

So after you've injured your back your fitness career is basically over

No, you just need to play it safe for a while until it can handle weight again. Keep it in mind as you lift from now on and you should be fine. Probably the worst a bapart aboutck injury are the initial "oh god I fucked up" moment. Just remember how that felt and do what you can to make sure you don't feel like that again. Because if you do, you might not be looking at a few months of healing. Fuck up bad enough and you're looking at life.

*worst part about a back injury
Don't know how I fucked that up

Hey you seem like you have experience so can I ask you a question? I'm about to have laproscopic hernia surgery. Any tips? Should I eat at maintenance or slightly above while I'm recovering? The dr said I should be able to start lifting in 6 weeks, but he also said after 1 week it would be +20lbs a week so I'm not sure. I plan on playing it safe but I've never taken time off like this so I'm worried I'm gonna go back too early.

I haven't ever gone through surgery. I've just been stupid enough times to get some experience with back injury. I would assume eat above maintenance so your body has all the energy it needs to heal, but I'm not going to call that advice. I can't say anything on that subject for sure. All I can say for certain is take as much time off as you need. You can always lift and get your muscles back. If you go hard too early and ruin your back, that's the end of the story.

Thanks, I hear ya. I feel pretty dumb about it. But I should add that the reason I got a hernia is that I hurt my back DLing and took time off only doing machines with little core/back work. So when I went back to squatting my leg muscles were still there and my back felt ok, but I blew my guts out. So look out for that OP.

>Lunge (nod bregvest :DDD)
Geg XDDD

do the bill starr low back rehab.