Redpill me on PPL Veeky Forums. I did Stronglifts for about a month while taking summer class and now that it's over...

Redpill me on PPL Veeky Forums. I did Stronglifts for about a month while taking summer class and now that it's over, I switched to PPL and have been doing it for a week.

I like PPL more but I don't know if I made the right decision since everyone is telling me to go back to SL or do Starting Strength for aesthetics

Other urls found in this thread:

diogn.es/u/156
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PPL a shit, stronglifts a shit, actually reading starting strength is the best thing you can do as far as making gains as a beginner. You won't get to 1/2/3/4 in 6 months with PPL, but you can do it in 4 with SS.

Is that photo U of T?

Grayskulls linear progression
The best out there. Dynamic, flexible, 10/10 I'm doing it again after 6 months out of the gym

For novices, PPL is like SS except you do twice the work for half the progress.

Congrats. Also stop worrying about looking pretty and just get fucking strong. You can sneak in your glamor lifts at the end of each workout.

make your own routine, i have my own routine and its work good for me

PPL and SS are for noobs that dont know how to internet

PPL is best if you just do UL, combine both P's. That's what I'm doing. Making v. good gains, and it's been about 10 months.

You're weak and you look like shit. You're not an authority here with your 4 months of lifting experience.

So we should listen to some obese man with no credentials or background in science.

Why should anyone listen to rippletoe?

>You're weak and you look like shit
if i have 1 year lifting then you have all the right to say that but i have only 4 month

im 185 lbs, when i get to 200 lbs im going to cut then bulk on whey with 500 cals surplus

i have some knowledge because i read many articles and things like that

>Why wshoukd anyone listen to rippetoe
Because he has 30 years of coaching experience you mongoloid. It's a BEGINNER PROGRAM. You do it for 6-8 months then move on to intermediate programming.

I guarantee you this fucking pussy is barely squatting 2plate

ppl is more a maintenance type program. You arent going to see alot of progress with it doing it pxpxlxx

I have used the PPL for about a year mostly doing pplxppl and seen some ok results but mostly just more definition and no real size gains, but that wasnt what I was about as I am actually more focused on cycling and gains just nice but not the goal. for me.

For me I would stick to heavy compounds in a 5x5 or switch to a pyramid with 7 sets pattern for my main lifts and 4x8-12 for all other accessories, usually 3 other exercises per that days muscle group

>I guarantee you this fucking pussy is barely squatting 2plate
well i only have 1 month and a half doing legs, my RM is 1plate

why are you so rude?

are you BN?

please refrain from commenting until you have been lifting for more than a year, spreading bull shit doesnt do anyone any good. This board used to help eachother than faggots like you became the norm and the sence of community is dying because of this faggotry. Basically shut the fuck up when you dont know what you are talking about.

why dont you do hypertrophy workout?

that is what im doing with mine routine

It's a BEGINNER program which he has coached many BEGINNERS through their BEGINNER phase where they have gained a significant amount of total body strength, awareness, and lean mass. You know, exactly what's supposed to happen when you're a BEGINNER.

Anybody can write a fucking article you dip. Go read peer reviewed studies and scientific papers on the subject.

No

because adding some strength and maintenance is what allows me to race and be fast and have good endurance. Looking like a frat boy is not my goals. in all honesty, I lift more in winter and do a mini bulk and ride much more in spring, summer, fall during peak riding season.

>Go read peer reviewed studies and scientific papers on the subject.
but i have read some and what about BB.com?
are they fake?

Namefags like you are a goddamn blight. Fuck off and lurk until you have something to contribute besides pidgin English and noob gains. There are folks in this shithole with degrees in exercise physiology, who deadlift more with their limp dicks than your powerlifting total, who don't feel the compulsive need to collect (you)'s like a wannabee internet celery melonair. Try again when you can pull your bodyweight

That shit is literally on par with t-nation. It's a joke and broscience at best.

why are you so mad?
calm down, you are taking this too seriously

just look, writting all those words

If you have the endurance, go for it. Beginners burn out really quick on PPL so its not good for someone who only lifts 1 month

well internet is use full, i put thinks like "massive chest workout"
this is my chest routine

bench press 5x 8-10

dumbbell flat bench 3x 12

incline barbell 5x 5-8

decline dumbbell 4x12

incline dumbbell 4x 10

flies machine 4x 12

That's fucking stupid, you don't need that much volume in one day, you can't even bench 2pl8.

I bench north of 3 and don't do that much in one day.

so what do you think i should i do?

Stick with PPL or go with PPLL (push, pull, lift, legs), ignore the SL and SS retards. SL is good for adding strength for short periods of time but definitely needs to be changed out after 6-8 weeks.

Read the fucking sticky

Faggot

No

according too many sources, that bench routine and workout my chest to grow bigger

do your research

Your research doesn't qualify as anything. "This guy on bb.com said this will make my chest grow" doesn't qualify as research or a good source. Look up frequency and weekly volume. Having higher frequency will make you stronger faster and having higher weekly volume will make you bigger faster.

>according too many sources, that bench routine and workout my chest to grow bigger

Lifting will make your chest bigger?That's what I said paco. If you can't into English I really can't help you, although it would explain why you're so confused after reading articles, presumably in english

I hope you do realize that body part splits with a ton of volume are made for enhanced athletes, right? Protein synthesis as a natural lifter only lasts for about 48 hours, which means that it's quite limited what you can get out of a single workout for a single musclegroup, hence why people will split it into multiple sessions hitting the muscle at least 2 times a week. Too much volume and you may not even be able to recover in a week.

Steroid users on the other hand have enhanced protein synthesis which lasts for much longer (about 8 days, around 4 x as long) and can absorb a lot more protein, hence they can hit their muscles with much more volume and in a single day and get gains from all of it.

Lower your volume substantially and focus on progressive overload. You will get much better gains in both strength and muscle mass and you won't feel exhausted all of the time.

I'm not any of these guys, but please post a current body pic. We won't make fun of you, I'm just curious.

>That's what I said paco
no you didnt
so you are that chest workout doesnt work?

>"This guy on bb.com said this will make my chest grow"
i didnt say that

but hypertrophy is 8-12 reps
so how many reps should i do?

just filter the faggot

>We won't make fun of you
lol do you think im one of those fags?

many people that laugh at other pics tend to be obese/skinny fat

give me a min

There's no such thing as a hypertrophy rep range, get that shit out of your head.

I'm saying it's subpar and your weekly volume is low as shit because it's all in one day and you move bitch weights after your second exercise.

This must be how Vitamin Avenger was before his accident. Dense as pig shit and convinced by immature narcissism that everything posted on the internet applied directly to him right now

>but hypertrophy is 8-12 reps
>so how many reps should i do?

Don't focus too much on rep ranges. Focus on lifting heavy. Hypertrophy happens at lower rep ranges, too. The main reason most bodybuilders lift light is because it allows for more volume, but as a natural lifter, you don't need that amount of volume (at least not as a beginner). Just focus on progressive overload for your main lifts and then throw in a few isolation exercises at the end. I would recommend you to find a program aimed at beginners and follow that.

Ice cream fitness 5x5 by Jason "Hemingway" Blaha

>you move bitch weights after your second exercise.
no i dont
i work chest tuesday and fridays

but i lift heavy
why dont your chest routine?

>Twice the work for half the progress
Lmao maybe for legs? SS is a COMPLETE JOKE for upper body strength

>lift heavy

that is heavy for me
you know i have seen people with 1 year lifting and i look bigger than them
im looking for chest workouts on the internet, im going to see what i can remove and add

Try lifting somewhere besides the gym at the anorexia rehab center

so you saying that too much volume wont do nothing for my chest?

what about pic related workout?

You're a dumbass, you don't lift heavy, and your level of volume is fucktarded especially for a beginner like yourself.

you didnt answer my question

still waiting on that current body pic

It's shit.

Nice job finding a routine on google images dipshit. Now, can you tell me how many athletes use this? It takes 5 minutes on photoshop to list any exercise next to a "shredded guy" clip art

i was just looking for an opinion
nah wont post
why?
it wont work for me?
im on 1500 calories surplus

Double your caloric surplus, use your current exercises in However, take the weight down so you can do 5x20 on all of them

>not doing max volume for max results
>not doing whatever it takes

i cant, with 1500 cals is 4500 cals day, i cant get more food
>take the weight down so you can do 5x20 on all of them
you are mocking me

I think that you won't post because you have an absolute beginner-tier physique and lifts. You should really stop acting like you know what you are talking about (and also remove the name) until you have more experience and bigger lifts under your belt.

my pic are here on Veeky Forums, its weird you havent seen them

look at this on, i was 183 lbs here

Keep at it mang. With a skinnyfat physique like that you're clearly in a position to give advice

This is the guy namefagging and acting like an authority figure on Veeky Forums.

its far away from skinny fat

i will cut once i get to 200lbs

You look about as good as janoy did 8 months ago

>far away from skinnyfat
delusions
>will cut when I get to 200
you are gonna be a fat fuck at 200 or it will take you years to get to that point boyo

>Starting Strength for aesthetics

You don't need a day dedicated to training legs, unless you are a professional bodybuilder.

Push/Pull twice a week, add some squats on push day if you want

bullshit, i look less dyels than many people with 1 year lifting
nope
im 188 now, im 1500 cal surplus, that is 3 lbs each week, boyo

Just started with PPL (metallicadpa's to be exact). What does your routine look like with just UL?

You know you have to be 18 to post here, right? Come back when your twink ass can grow chest hair

but i do have that, that is a comeback?

ahahahahahahhahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

never post again

>I have used the PPL for about a year mostly doing pplxppl and seen some ok results but mostly just more definition
FYI, this is how you know someone's a total fucking noob who doesn't know what they're talking about. "Definition" has nothing to do with your routine and everything to do with eating at a deficit. You can gain or lose "definition" on every single routine that exists.

Ignore this guy, PPL is king.

there's a great ppl program that updates the movements every day on diognes

diogn.es/u/156

goood for beginners who don't know exactly what they want

You're retarded.

damn, why is PPL getting so much hate. I switched to a pplxppl 3 months ago and have gotten great gains.

PPL is great for intermediates who care about aesthetics. As a beginner I would advise GSLP, strength gains will be slower than SS or SL, but you'll actually look decent while doing Greyskull. Godspeed.

I am thinking of this routine pls say what you think.
Push 1
bench press
incline bench
weighted dips
skull crushers
rope pull down
lateral rise
db shoulder press

pull 1
weighted pull ups
bend over rows
shrugs
lat machine
bb curl

legs
squat
lounges
hamstring curl or whatever

push 2
db press
db flys
OHP
front raise
some isolation for triceps x2

pull 2
deads
up right row
seated row
inverted shrugs
preacher curls

so it P1P1xLxP2P2xLxP1P1

Obv it's not done, I am just considering this and will accept all comments and advice.

Yeah I think SS is basically a leg focused program and should be avoided. Most people want to develop upper body more than lower.

Can i just stick with the the Veeky Forums greyskull floating around? I switched to that last week from SL, because i was hating the lower body stuff (its already overly strong and big compared to rest)

How does anyone not roiding manage seven lifts in one workout?

Unless you lift light and barely need any rests, that sort of shit is time than I have.

ok, what do you suggest, 4 lifts? i've never done splits, i always had like 3 lifts per day+some light iso. so I have no idea what exactly is a realistic amount.

That is probably the best woman body shape I've seen

Around 6 is pretty standard for a PPL.

Oh fuck off. Starring strength is terrible, nowhere near enough upper body volume.

Yeah GSLP is solid, the progression method for it makes much more sense