Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

I want to start boxing but I'm nervous as fuck and I'm constantly worried about brain damage.

Shall I just suck it up and go and start training?

You can get brain damage but you can also give brain damage.

Think about it.

You've been boxing a lot, haven't you?

You got the point.

In 2017 is stupid to risk brain damage to train for something that has 0 usage in real life unless you live in ghetto

brain damage is sweet bro
>high iq correlates with depression
>retards are always happy
>you get dat sweet retard strength and your forearms will grow insanely big for no reason
I'd say go for it

If nobody knows how to fight then you are automatically the most alpha in the room simply because you can beat the shit out of anyone if you train

Don't listen to this IDIOT. If you weren't already born a retard, giving yourself brain damage won't do a thing but leave you unable to tie your shoes and still stuck with the body of Bill Nye.

do you want to know how I know you're an autist?

Yes

too bad brainlet

The guy in your pic would become a brainlet with one light punch.

Training boxing won't give you brain damage, competing will

competing won't give you brain damage, getting hit in the head will.

The best boxers don't get hit in the face.

you think somebody will force you into the ring your first day against 20kg heavier power puncher or something? just go and train, when you feel ready (or when coach thinks you are ready) start sparring and see how you like it.

Do muay thai instead

I've been fighting for a few months now. MMA though. Between muay thai and BJJ I can tell you right now it's definitely not for the weak and you have to be able to take a hit/block best you can. I'm at a point where I'm dishing out pretty nice strikes and they almost hurt my limbs sometimes more than someone else actually hitting me. IMO brain damage isn't your biggest concern (assuming you can defend) It's the rest of your body that will break down first.

Honestly, user. Are you even really using that brain of yours?

THIS

This

being nervous is fine OP, its best just to suck it up and give it a go, starting boxing was one of the best decisions that i have made

wow Veeky Forums is just full of beta pussy's, I say go for it OP, boxing is great

Yeah but Muay Thai is only cool in Thailand
Everywhere else they have a kindergarten version of it

Are you planning to get in a real boxing match? That's the only reason you need to worry about brain damage. The hits you will receive while sparring are nothing compared to a real match. Boxing training is pretty much impossible to damage your brain.

>I'm constantly worried about brain damage.
You have nothing to worry about.

incorrect

hmm?

How the fuck is Muay Thai a viable alternative to boxing. As someone who fucking trains Muay Thai it's 100% fucking worse to get kicked in the fucking head then it is to be punched. Not to mention leg injuries and faggoty clinch knees. In terms of not getting brain damage boxing trumps Muay Thai by a lot. Don't go and get kicked in the fucking head.

Eating an elbow or knee straight to the head isn't any safer than getting punched in the face, m8.

you can just train you dont have to compete senpai

MMA is safer if it means anything op

getting hit in the head won't give you brain damahamfeh ,. raphtk wk

Drake?

full contact karate, like kyokushin, goju-ryu, ashihara, they spar without protection but never hit the head with a fist. Of course, there's always the possibility of getting hit with the shin in the head, which is much worse, but the chances of that happening are slight.

Plus it's a good workout, it toughens you and goes well with strength training.

If you're afraid of getting hit, than go for judo or ju jutsu. Bjj if you like having sex with other men.

>worried about brain damage
but you're already on Veeky Forums

It's the body shots that you should be more worried about

If everybody in the room knows how to fight and you have an extendo-baton/knife/gun then you are the most alpha in the room.

Never said it was better for brain damage autists, just saying better for fighting in general.

I trained at a boxing gym for about two years. I've been told by a lot of martial art and boxing practitioners that most people aren't hitting hard enough in sparring to cause any actual brain damage. One of the reason professional boxers are so universally fucked is that they have gone through thousands of hours of high intensity, full-contact sparring.

However, all the new research into CTE and sub-concussive head trauma seem to suggest that blows a lot lighter than previously thought can and will do irreversible damage. The research still isn't conclusive, and it may still take years of regular wars in the boxing gym for the accumulative damage to really be serious.

When I boxed I tended to be a hypochondriac and feel a little light-headed and off, even when I hadn't sparred. So if you're anything like me I'd stay away from it just for the peace of mind.

>that pic

That's pretty fucking significant

I've always liked the idea of boxing but getting hit in the face really does jar your brain badly. It's not worth it. Wrestling is a far safer sport and probably has more applications in a real fight

meant for

i's a professional boxer. i may not think so good anymore but what do i need brain for when i's rich?

You never know till you try. You won't spar for the first few months anyway. It's a humbling experience for sure. Cardio is key, do not neglect that.

Look kid you'll be fine as long as you don't join my gym. If I see you in my gym I'll knock you the fuck out and make everyone record it lol.

Boxing is a good solid fighting style, so you should totally join a guy, just not my gym. I'll fucking end your fucking pathetic life, kid. Do you hear me? End your fucking life. You think you can take me on? lmao I'm 6'4 and weigh 266.

I'l willing to be you saw the floyd vs conor fight and was thinking, "wow that looks cool." and hey thats cool. both those guys are really good fighters and that fight was really nice. lol I actually won some money off that fight. Don't worry about brain damage your cuck ass don't even have a proper brain, so you won't lose much lol fucking faggot.

I think you should learn boxing, but also learn something else too. That way you'll look more well rounded.

Best of luck, Op!

Risk averse low test beta confirmed

Take up fencing instead. It's safe, there's less risk of brain damage than any other sport and you get a cool sword.

Can't you wear a helmet or something