What's a good bulking speed?

5 speed.

200 calorie surplus

sounds like very little

about 60mph

>have been doing that for 2 months now
>barely gained any weight
Suck my dick with your 200 calories surplus

I've gained 30 pounds in the last 3 months all I had to do was eat only taco bell and drink only beer.

We're all gonna make it

Last time I bulked I bulked about 8 kg in two months. Towards the end I wondered if it was too fast. Or maybe it was just time for the cutting part of the cycle. I haven't been to the gym for over half a year due to health problems, but I'm thinking I might try to start exercise and bulk again soon so I want to do it right.

1-1.5lbs a month

Guys, listen, how about 100kcal per week?

Eat til full several times

Heres my secret, faggots

>taco bell
>quesorito, 800 kcal
>$2.50 each
>eat 8 of them daily for $20
>wash it all down with a 6 pack of coors, $6

Literally like 7k-8k kcal per day

Youre all a bunch of pussies

Isn't it very hard to try to keep at that slow pace though? You have to fine tune your gain to such an extent isn't it likely you might end up either staying at the same weight or even losing weight? That was what it felt like to me when I tried to gain slowly for a while. That's why I started bulking fast instead, thinking I'd do it in a bulk-cut cycle.

Bulking is a meme. You are fucking stupid if you are over 15% bodyfat and consume more than 1000kcal above your tdee.
Just eat a decent, tasty diet and lift heavy. Thats all there is to it.
If you autist really need a number: 1kg per month is a good indicator.

Rotate each month between 4 quesoritos and 8 quesoritos and you'll have a perfect bulk/gainz ratio

well thats probably ideal
most people wont be able to track their intake that precisely.

Coward

>natties
around 2 lbs max

>roid users
around 10-15 if you are lucky

>6 pack of coors
Literally calories of nothing that matters.

>small surplus is small weight gain
fuck you retard, research stuff before blaming it on anons

>implying I didn't know that
I wasn't even blaming him I was blaming myself in some roundabout way because I have autism.
I've been stuck on my shit weight for I don't even know how long now and it's getting frustrating desu.
I'll figure something out, something that will involve a rope and a ladder hopefully.

lol np we all plateau once in a while. GL cracka

On the flip side, what's a good cutting speed?

Eat big get big.

>small surplus is small weight gain
well, yes?

Are you weighing your food and counting the calories?

Weight gain doesn't mean muscle gain. You have to pack on muscle. You need enough protein and enough calories. Everyone says TDEE +500 calories, but you can get a better, longer bulk by trying to target TDEE +250 or +350.

This is really easy to do with apps like MFP and FS available.

I'm currently cutting at 800 calories per day and I feel fine, but I intend to eat the same on my bulk, just 1100 calories more, per day, than now.

That will be by swapping to full fat milk with my morning protein shake, fatty fish, and adding in more complex carbs throughout the day - Oats, brown rice, quinoa, and sweet potatoe. Fast sources of carbs, like white rice, immediately after my workout.

If I need calories at the end of the night: cream cheese and peanut butter.

It should take approximately 5 seconds for the twinky to be transferred from hand to mouth.

As fast as you can handle it.

Protein has to go up 25-50%. Carbs have to go down except immediately after your workout. Vegetables and fiber are a must. Fats should hit at least 60g per day with about 15-20g saturated.

Calories matter but you have to get the nutrition to feel good or its gonna suck.

For natties, the slower you bulk the better the partitioning.
If you want to bulk a bit, like you're 10 lbs under your ideal weight, it's worth it going very slowly.
If you're a beginner and need to change your body from mostly fat to mostly muscle... big bulk, and then big cut, that's the fastest way.

>Are you weighing your food and counting the calories?
I try to count everything I eat I even decided to go full retard and buy a mass gainer but somehow I just stalled completely on my current weight.
I went from auschwitz mode (51kg) to spooky skeleton (around 69kg) in like a year and now I've been stuck at this weight for months and it keeps fluctuating.
I only started working out about 4 and a half months ago my strength has been going up but I have seen no real change in my body and yes I do know that it takes time but I expected to see at least a bit of progress.

speed in what regard?
total mass per week?
depending on your nitrogen balance, etc. you can generally put on around .5 - 1 lb of muscle per week without changing your body composition much.

The thing is, you kind of need to put on at least a tiny bit of body fat in order to know that you're at a caloric surplus.

Try for a pound per week, see how you do after a couple months, if you're feeling too fat, cut back a bit.

If that's the case just eat more and keep an eye on the scale; if it doesn't move up a little bit each week you still need to eat more.

Muscle is much more dense than fat, so you won't really notice gain as it's spread over your entire body (assuming you squat, etc.). Keep an eye on the scale, buy one for your room and check your weight daily.

You know that as your body weight goes up you have to increase your calorie intake to keep gaining at the same pace? When you're 65 kg you have to eat more than when you're 60 to gain weight at the same speed. Just increase your calorie intake.

30mph

I know mate I've done that I guess I just have to eat even more which is getting difficult but I'll find a way.

You'll get used to it, the hardest part about gaining weight for skinny guys is getting the body accustomed to the higher calorie intake.
Just try and snack more, use bigger plates, and keep food around you at all times.

Try having an extra protein shake with milk on days you work out too, every little bit helps.

gotta eat big to get big

>Tfw I want to just eat at a 1500 Cal deficit
I'm fucking sick of cutting
50 lbs down in 8 months fuck why can't this garbage go any faster
I've just turned into a skinny fat dyel even though I've been lifting
Aaaaaaaaa

How long does one bulk before cutting?

Once it becomes part of the tire around your belly, your body can then use it

Im bulking aiming at 1% bw increase per week and liking it so Far.

>most people wont be able to track their intake that precisely.
Most people don't have the dedication to track their intake that precisely.

lol you probably don't eat more than 2300 calories

>implying implications that aren't true
Come on now senpai don't be that goy

>stuck at 150 pounds for months
he's not gobbling down 10k cals a day faggot, if you are spinning your wheels at 150, then you aren't eating a lot bottom line

>not putting protein powder in his beer

never gonna make it.

500-1000 kal surpluss

ive heard anything under 12 parsecs is impressive

88 mph

It's tough to eat enough, but I believe in you sick cunt

Dood. 200g of protein is enough for most natural lifters by a wide margin. Get as much as you can from real sources - so really the only source of derived milk proteins you should get is about 15-20g of whey at the end of your workout and 15-20g of casein at night before bed.

Getting 170g of protein is easy with things like yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, shrimp, chicken, tilapia, and cheeses.

Also, eat your fucking vegetables.

You should get 25-50g of carbs with the end of your workout, faster carbs. 200 calories of white rice is great. If you really need more carbs, get 30g with breakfast in the form of oats. If you put them in milk the night before they will be soft for the morning and you can drink them.

The rest of your calories come from FATS if your cutting or a combination of fats and low-glycemic carbs if you're bulking.

Diet is harder than exercise. You gotta want it. And remember, bros, at least your not women.

Women can't eat HALF of what we can. Enjoy your patriarchy.

what the fuck man, did you seriously recommend he eats
>a cup of white rice
>130 cals of Oats
dude what the fuck, eat big to get big, I eat 2 cups of Oatmeal and like 5 cups of Rice a day and I'm a skinny bitch