Too scared to deadlift/squat

basically title.
I read the sticky and recommended workouts but they all say to do deadlift and squats which I'm too scared to do because the gymbros will bully me for lifting pussy weights.
pls help

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gymbros dont even do deadlifts or squats

I don't squat or dl anymore. I'm too tall with weak knees and flat feet. There are plenty of alternatives to strengthen legs and core

same problem, can't go over 315 on squat even though 5x5 315 and like a, piece, of, cake.

Any solution, lads?

Literally no one cares about what weight you lift except yourself.

I see people egosquatting in the gym everyday; put 2 plates on (no warmup) and squat quarter ROM. They are hurting themselves far more by doing this just to look like they're lifting.

You're better off being the squatlet starting with the bar to proper depth, don't let your anxiety rule you, just fucking lift.

Start doing 3x5, drop your weight by 10% and eat more

>squat 5x5 315
>can't go over 315

That statement says (to me) you can do 335 as a 1 RPM, change your program if you're doing 5x5, you're at the limit of where 5x5 can take you.

It's time to move on, you're making it.

Drop sets, rest 'n' pause, supersets...

You can also increase the number of reps, until you can manage to increase the weight.

such as?

Everybody in the gym also started lifting completely tiny weights. Only on Veeky Forums do people say that they benched 2 plate within a month.

As one of the heaviest lifters and bigger guys at the gyms i frequent, i personally don't care when people are weak as long as they don't have a smug look on the face and act full of themselves.

Just google invisible lat syndrome and don't be that kind of guy

Have you considered arch supports.

Being long limbs and tall gives you Bretty good DL leverages. I'm only a 160lb lanklet and it took me a summer to hit 3pl8s

Squats on the other hand...

At some point u just have to stop being a pussy, YOU are the only one who matters just do whatever it takes to get where u wanna go

I use to squat 400 OP, don't fall for the meme. I now have bad knees and it hurts to bend down sometimes. Light weight/high reps is the way to roll or stick to the leg press. I don't deadlift because it's hard on my back, I just do weighted back extensions.

this
If you're not worried about "muh compounds/muh 1/2/3/4" just do isolations and leg press

No one will bully you for doing pussy weight.

No one at the gym even knows you exist.

If you have to start with a 95lb squat then start with a 95lb squat god dammit, that's how I did it.

In the gym, no one cares about you. No one looks at you, and if they did, why would it matter?

no one in the gym cares what you lift or about you at all. when you start off you're too small to see. dozens of newbies cycle in every month and quit soon after, no one pays any attention to them. people will start to notice you once you've demonstrated you're in it for the long haul, and then they will think of you in terms of whether you're trying to progress or not rather than your absolute numbers. stop being a pussy

I respect someone squatting 1pl8 with good form more than someone squatting 4pl8 with bad form.

hey man i'm the same as you, skelly guy here who lift pussy weight.

one of the thing you gotta realize though is, you are kinda practically invisible. no one is laughing are you because no one is 'afraid' of you being better than them, you do not make people insecure. everyone feels the same, and everyone is constantly aware of people larger than them mocking them, and in doing so they don't give a shit about people smaller than them.

>I don't deadlift because it's hard on my back
that's kind of the point

no one cares about you as much as you think they do.
especially nowadays, everyone's looking at their phones just chilling on a machine

Just go in, do your workouts, get out.
Keep track of your progress in a spreadsheet.

what a joke you are

1. No serious lifter laughs at you, at best they give you advice if your form is not correct
2. Even if you barely increase, don't stop. Squatting is my worst exercise, I barely can squat 120 kg (I bench 115 and deadlift 180) despite I train them twice a week, one day light and one day heavy, still not able to increase over 120 kg since 2 years (I'm 1,86 m, so lanklet), but I don't stop doing them, one day I will be stronger, they will be always my weak point but at least a strong weak point, better than not train them at all.

>No one looks at you
Why do people keep saying this?

Every time I've been in the gym there's always just been a guy secretly looking around at people.

Yeah, stop staring at me, I know I'm not a chad. They make it uncomfortable to work out.

never snapped my shit up with dedlift, actually when my back isn t feeling well I ll do very light dedlifts. it s very natural motion and doesn t put any weird stress on joints/tendons

the enemies of newb body building imo: shoulder raises of any kind, bent over row (core needs to be strong) and squat (form failure = snapcity)

You gotta squat like little children, feet facing outward, and being comfy at the bottom.

Squat into comfortable position then rise up with legs, and keep spine static. There are good tutorials online.
Once I learned that being comfy is everything, squat is my fav exercise, its just so comfy.

I dont do deadlifts tho, I do back extensions and shrugs, which serves me fine.

Anyways, start with ultra low weight and make your groove. Then with time you will feel comfy with adding more weight and you will be able to do it with confidence.

Just be patient. Don't force kg's.
Those are delicate movements, but doing them slow and with low weight guarantees you will make progress safely.

Squats are easy but DLs might require belt if for is difficult

I'm with you on squats, but I'm with OP on diddlies. They always just feel awkward. Squatting is such a natural motion, I'm never sure what I'm supposed to do with my back when I'm deadlifting

Deadlift faggot.

Literally all you gotta do is keep your damn chest up.

learn the hip hinge
youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA

At least you guys are finally admitting to being too pussy to do compound lifts even 80 year old grannies and 14 year old girls can do. Fuck you guys have been spamming "ERRR DEADLIFTS ARE MEME LIFTS" for fucking weeks now.

nobody cares. shut up and squat those 10 plates! next thing you'll be ATG 3pl8