Things Normies Say

>3 Sets of 10 edition

>Steroids don't actually make you stronger.

>He's a professional athlete haha I'm pretty sure none of them are on steroids. You know they get tested for that, right?

>The enlightened body-weight trainer only meme.

>Natty cutting on anything but Keto

>(Strength,Size, Power) doesn't matter in a fight.
>Weight lifting doesn't matter if you can't fight.
Shiggy diggy doo

>Wow user, it's been so long, you look great. Have you been hitting the gym? Must be getting a lot of attention from the ladies these days!

>Don't want to get too big so I don't bench/squat etc.

this is always code for

>I'm scared of compound lifts

this is a thing? lol

What, people not wanting to squat/bench/deadlift because they're intimidated/embarrassed? For sure.

>Do you have abs?

>>still doing quarter squats
You're not supposed be quarter squatting. This isn't a normie thing.

>i run twice a week I don't need to lift legs

>Write down your workouts? Why bother? I just do whatever machines look fun

>not knowing that compound lifts emit gamma radiation that turn you into a muscled abomination

>bread is bad for you
>I don't eat fruits because its full of sugar
>vegetables should be avoided because it's carbs

Who is that guy meant to be?

>He brings a notebook and pencil to the gym

I hear this a lot:

>I want to find a gym without a lot of meatheads/douches/big guys

I find that weird. I'm essentially athletic ottermode, so not that big, but who gives a shit who you're lifting next to? If anything it'll push you harder to hit the gym because you'll want to fit in and look buff/healthy. Due to gym etiquette most dudes that are huge aren't going to say shit to you anyways so I don't get the

>scared of competition

never gonna make it

>I do squats and deadlifts because lower-body strength is the real test of masculinity. Upper body is only for douches like that jock who stole my oneitis back in high school. Also I never cut because I'm an amateur powerlifter, abs are for twinks

> literally me after 2 months lifting

more so cause i don't know how to work the plates and don't have a spotter

The average Veeky Forumsizen powerlifter

>Don't give up, user. I'm sure I'll see you at the olympics one day.

>work the plates

user, what does this mean? The plates have a hole, you put them on the bar using the hole. Do you keep forgetting quarters for the plate dispenser?

yeah could have worded that better desu, I meant clipping them in place. just need to fucking go for it

maybe he means to work the plates like his step father makes him work the pole in the bedroom while he "spots" him

I don't understand this, how is this in any way shape or form natty?

These are the same people who are like "the double cheeseburger on the dollar menu is the healthiest thing up there if you think about it"

IIFYM

that's how I was. I mean, I knew how to do the lifts I just didn't because I didn't want to look stupid.

Eventually just loaded 1 pl8 onto a barbell and went for it after chest pressing for a few weeks, got into a 5x5 rhythm and went from there. Same w/ squats really, one day I just...did it and ever since then it's felt right.

> not training to reach the gym number 1 spot

Then you head to the next town and collect some gym badges right?

Real niggas bring pens

>I like running
then you ask him/her how much and how fast
>Uhm yeah, I don't really track times and distance, but it's probably like 20-25 minutes for 3km teehee
(which is JOGGING, not running you stupid bitch)

I fucking hate joggers. 0 will to actually push themselves.

Honestly, I'd love to find a gym with serious lifters. It's easier to push yourself when you're surrounded with other people pushing themselves.

That's achievable natty but he isnt

>swore I'd start to lift and use the uni's gym after I graduated high school
>have no friends and know jackshit about lifting
>deathly afraid of fucking up in an embarrassing way and being forever known as "that guy who almost killed himself in the weight room"

All of those are true, though

pretty much this

This

>3 sets of 10
b-bbut I do that

then buy dumbells /barbell for your room for practice

>Confuse the muscles
>Do a brosplit
>You gotta run and do high rep low weights if you wanna cut, don't bother lifting heavy
>I don't wanna get too big tee hee
>cutting carbs is absolutely necessary to cut and if you don't you're not gonna make it
>I'm only going to do 3x8 forever in order to get big, ignoring heavy compounds entirely and only doing isolations

Kek I run 3x a week and have better calves than 90% of Veeky Forums.
Need squats for dem quads tho

>I'm only going to do 3x8 forever in order to get big, ignoring heavy compounds entirely and only doing isolations
This is possible, but would require a lot of time and effort.

>Size don't matter if you don't have abs

I thought 3x8 and 4x8 were good for size. Straighten me out; am I not supposed to do 4x8 benches?

you can't deny that sounds fun as hell though.

>avoid vegetables

Now I am just confused as fuck

>calf raises
>Sprints
>Stadiums

Bruhs my calves won't grow what do I'm sad

READ THE FUCKING STICKY YOU AUTISTIC FAGGOT

>did squats and deadlifts last year
>strained back muscle because shitty form and no spotter
>back is healed now
>want to do squats and deadlifts again, but don't want to fuck my back up again and still don't have a spotter

I'm never going to make it.

lift. less. weight. you utter retard

Wow
She is s8 big now

Is that really her?

>13 minute mile pace
That's pretty fucking sad. Even when I was but a lad, I could have run a 5k at double that pace.

>X exercise really works your inner chest
>there is no point in doing flat bench just do incline
>does heavy leg press and then goes and does light squats
>using a belt and/or straps will make you weak
>carbs are the enemy
>lat pulldown 3x10 then cable row 3x10
>never increases weight

It's fine. Rule of thumb: if you're getting decent results then stick to it.

Cool stuff. Thank you for the feedback.

3x8 is good for size, but he said doing only isolations. That would require a lot of effort, but could yield better results if the lifter was sufficiently disciplined and could maintain progression.

>does heavy leg press and then goes and does light squats
>lat pulldown 3x10 then cable row 3x10
what is wrong with these things?

That physique is achievable natty but his strength is not.

People get anxious around those they perceive as superior. They see competition, not potential resources to learn and improve from.

Wow, you're a colossal fucking retard. You don't use spotters in deadlift, and if you got injured you were ego lifting.

You'd be very surprised how many people quarter squat at my gym. I think about 10 percent actually hit parallel or go below it. And I've been noticing this for at least few months. Commercial gym btw.

>toned
>how much you bench
>biceps
>diet is something you do to lose weight, not just the sum of what you eat everyday
>steroids = fake muscle
>detox/cleanse (water is literally the perfect "cleanse" don't add tea and honey and shit)
>5 days x1 hour of gym a week your life must be so boring
>low bf% must be boring to only eat salad (I eat 3500calories a day bitch, hardcore cheat day1x/week before hardcore leg day)

This. Hurts my soul. At least with bench not touching chest you can tell they know they're cheating, but with quarter squats they legit don't realize they're just ego jerking and self-gainz-goblining

I go ATG, occasionally only just below parallel for PR attempts, and I regularly get confused looks. Maybe 1/100 people at commercial gyms get even close to parallel.

"Squatting hurts your knees" also on another note I was deadlifting at my 24 hour gym then a man around 35 comes up to me and says goodluck moving when you are older. Pretty sure he was apart of the snap city

days x1 hour of gym a week your life must be so boring
>>low bf% must be boring to only eat salad (I eat 3500calories a day bitch, hardcore cheat day1x/week before hardcore leg day)
good lord i hate these so much, bitch im damn near twice your size low bodyfat or not im clearly going to be eating a lot. the amount of normie cunts i meet that think you get big by eating less and exercising more is scary.

I hate to be "diet industry " conspiracy/ blaming guy but between that and willful ignorance almost nobody understands that more muscle = more food.

Why is there no mandatory nutrition education in schools yet. Cardiac shit kills more than STDs by miles yet sex ed is everywhere

I mean in and of themself they dont.

lol never touch the bar to my chest, seems like it would just hurt my shoulders. but i prefer doing DB anyway lately
do you need bench to touch your chest if you are lifting outside of training to compete in the bench press?

Actually...

>be me
>leg day doing pwl squats
>pull out phone to look for new music after second set
>1 min later skelly old woman comes up to me
>"can you not waste time on your phone so other people can use the rack?"
>tell her in confusion that I'm resting between my sets
>"you only need one minute, I used to do bodybuilding so I know"
>ignore her
>she walks away, but I hear her talking to a friend about hating people texting at the gym

Just use your phone you weirdo

Put your ego away and stop worrying about showing off for nobody before you cripple yourself

Fucking cancer

Honestly don't even need barbell bench period. Dumbbell better unless you are powerlifter. If you do it though learn to do it well. Shoulders back, scapula in, and learn to stretch to touch chest. You shouldn't be feeling it in shoulders. Try rotating arms so elbows are closer to waist than hands (not quite under the bar)

shit like this just motivates me to get bigger so I can scare normies like this away

This is the equivalent of the weak old guy giving you advice out of the blue and asking you to work in, half assing a set and then leaving.

>He doesn't use chin spotter when doing diddlies

>I'm feeling kinda weak today (read: every day), I don't think I'll lift anything heavy
>I'm doing my own routine
>yeah I bought this new pre workout, it has BCAAs and stuff in it
>do you take protein?

you should squat before legpress, since it's harder.
rows engages more muscle than pulldowns so do it first.

In my experience those guys are pretty cool if you just talk to them.
There's one older guy at my gym who's pretty scary, he's big, bald and likes to scream a bit when he lifts, but he's a total bro.

>I'm only going to do 3x8 forever in order to get big,
How does this computes with
>Confuse the muscles

What's so bad about 3x10?

>He doesn't know

Wait is 3 sets of 10 bad

Not necessarily bad just very "normie" kind of the basic staring point. Most people prefer 5x5, 4x8, 3x12 after some experience.

If you can lift it 10 times then it is not heavy enough.

>Yeah, he's pretty big but he takes protein

It does give you fake muscles tho

>that guy who does that stern look at you if you're taking too long in the squat rack

np m8, I'll ohp in it after

If it can be achieved natty how do you know that this Chang thunderwang isn't natty?

>Using Veeky Forums through high school
You weren't very popular, were you user?

whoa whoa whoa... wait whoa

He's an oly lifter. Forgot his name though
In order to achieve his level, you have to be on steroids. His strength and power is just too huge