QTDDTOT

The other QTDDTOT thread is border dead

I can bench my Bodyweight and OHP 60% of my bodyweight but I can't do dips or pull ups

Anyway to fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3648753/
uptodate.com/contents/management-of-elevated-low-density-lipoprotein-cholesterol-ldl-c-in-primary-prevention-of-cardiovascular-disease?source=search_result&search=cholesterol&selectedTitle=1~150#H2
youtube.com/watch?v=oTY1dj4HOG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Repost from old ded thred, hope it's ok.

How do I know if I'm overtraning? Is overtraining not just a meme?

I do normally six days per week training, around 40-60 minutes each time. I'm very light on free time so I tend to take minimal breaks between sets. Is this too much? Yesterday I just wasn't able to do anything and I feel tired all the time, but I don't know if that's related to my workouts.

Do I have to touch my chest when bench pressing? Or is a few inches above my chest fine?

Touching your chest is best lest you risk being a half-repping faggot.

How wide is your grip while benching? Dips is more tricep-heavy so that could be the issue.

Can't do pull-ups? Either you're not strong enough or your lats are lacking. Do chin-ups instead with grip just a bit over shoulder width.

What do you put in your overnight oats?

>How wide is your grip while benching?
Just a bit wider than shoulder width
>Can't do pull-ups?
Not at all, I can do 3 reps ish of chin up but I'll try a bit over shoulder width

All the pull up bars in my gym i can reach easily while standing and when i fold my legs i start swinging around too much, maybe because I'm a tall chink or something, I can do more than half of my weight in barbell rows

What is the best whey protein I can get at price/gram?

I used to use Muscletech from Sams club, but they stopped selling 6 lb bags and it's not as economical anymore

Are dumbbells, a stationary bike, and an old Total gym1000 really enough for me to get into good shape or should I bite the bullet and get a gym membership at planet fitness or something?

>Total gym1000
Jesus christ

I should add I am literally starting from nothing, I've barely ever lifted in my entire life.

How heavy are the dumbells?

That TotalGym 1000 things looks meme as fuck. You should look into bodyweight exercises maybe.

Just 30 total, best I could find at walmart along with a kettleball at 15.

You could do bodyweight exercise till you plateu

Im not gay but sometimes in the gym theres a cute guy and I imagine what it would be like to suck his cock and have him fuck me, its exciting. Anyone else straight but have thoughts like this?

That's enough to get you started aye.

+1 for this. Throw in a few curls too, and them maybe use the weights to progress your bodyweight routine.

This
Just do push ups, bodyweight squats and sit ups till you can easily pull in 50 of each a set

Look up some standing dumbbell presses for shoulders and arms then do some dumbbell deads and squats before you hit the gym

Also clean up your diet and track things

>straight
>suck his cock, have him fuck me
Pick one faggot.

you're probably too fat

keep training OHP and LPD and lose some weight

if you're noticeably weaker without any obvious cause (strenuous day, no sleep, crap diet etc.) then you're probably overtraining.

any cheap one will do desu. myprotein tastes alright and doesn't cost much

it's enough to get something, but very limiting very quickly with how much you can progress, especially ending at 30lbs (?)

once you can do the basic compounds with your max db and bw on that kit for 10 reps or so, you're not really gonna see any real gains

>LPD
W-what is that?

Lat pulldown.

I masturbate to women though

Throw in some bodyweight rows and curls, and then progress to pullups too.

Can i drink coffee during the fasting periods of IF?

Any particular days I should be doing this? Like every day or just every other day?

No and you cant drink water either

Split it up. For example:
Do bicep curls and rows on days 1 and 4
Do pushups and dips on days 2 and 5
Do your cardio on your bike on days 3 and 6
Day 7 fap

>fapping
Nigger nofapping's greatest lesson is to curb your instant gratification

Thanks

Are there SCIENTIFIC studies about what male body shape is attractive to women? Precise proportions etc.

Any particular length of time or sets I should be going at for my exercises? Until failure or 4 sets of 8-12 for each exercise where it applies?

Its okay dude, I just masturbate to the occasional trap doujin every once a month to keep myself straight as an arrow

No homo, ancient greeks and romans had fuccboi trap sex slaves and they were straight aesthetic as fuck

The piano man left us a blueprint before he went to heaven

So basically, you are either fat as hell, or weak as fuck?

The answer is to workout more and get stronger. Particularly focus on triceps for doing dips.

Depends on the exercise. Pushups are easier pullups for example. 4 sets of 10 is a good rule provided you are approaching failure by the tenth rep. Read up on bodyweight routines and ask in /bwg/. You can play around and find your own routine too but this will take some time to perfect.

Thanks a lot, appreciate the help and advice.

>fat as hell
Im 21% which is pretty fat and im pretty weak so both i guess

Any tips on not swinging and dangling when holding the bar?

Theoretically, would calisthenics be a good idea for a skinny guy that only plans on building a smaller frame?

No worries. Good luck.

I've read you can grow mass with high rep/low weight workouts but others say this is endurance training and useless for growing mass. Which is correct?

Do any of you guys that went from fat to fit get a better eyesight from eating healthy? I can see normally but ptrolly a year ago I started seeing something like a worm when I watch the sky, I know is kinda normal but it started when I put up some weight its makes me wonder

Is it bad to eat 5 eggs every day? The only thing I've seen against it is people confusing blood cholesterol and dietary cholesterol, but I want to be sure before I commit.

You didnt state your rep range. Saying high rep with no rep range really doesnt mean anything.

Staying between 5 to 10 reps on mainlifts and 10 to 15 on accessory lifts is good enough to go with.
You do increase mass and strength simply by lifting, but whether you do 5 reps or 20 reps, the muscle work is different. There are some exceptions though, like going over 5 reps on diddlies is quite useless and dangerous.

>confuse

Eating less food with plenty of cholesterol in it has been and will be an essential part of lowering one's cholesterol.

Ok, let's say I started with a 10/20/whatever lb dumbell. Could I theoretically stick with that and progress by adding to the number of reps each time, up until I'm doing 3 sets of 100 or whatever?

No

Like I said, the rep ranges I mentioned are good for general advice; 1-10 (1-5 for deadlifts etc, rows, bench etc are usually better off with 5-10) for bigger lifts, and then for accessory lifts (isolation and such) 10-15 is alright.
Going past 15 is usually not preferred as it is almost cardio and doesnt build muscle as effectively. When you can do you 3x15 set on your curls or whatever isolation/smaller exercise, up the weight. Same thing for bench for example, you hit 3x10 on a certain weight, then just up the weight and go for 3x8 next time for example, working your way up to 3x10 and then upping it again.

gyms closed due to the weather but I just ate a delicious protein packed breakfast today
If I workout tomorrow do I still benefit from that nutrition?

You build muscle after a workout for a few days after the workout so eat properly at all times, would be the most reasonable advice.

Beginner lifters take less time to recover and can work the same muscle more often, advanced lifters benefit more from more splitted workouts as they need more days to recover. Think of a guy who has been working out for 2 years compared to a guy whose been going for 10.

Would training neck the day before deadlifts/traps interfere with recovery?

>doesnt build muscle as effectively
This is what I was getting at though - not as effectively, or not at all?

Also would training upper back and doing things like farmers walks the day after deadlifts be bad?

anybody?

Is it okay to lift in the morning then train abs at night, or would it best best to train abs directly after my main workout?

is it bad to just eat eggs and rice every other night for dinner? it's convenient and tasty as fuck tbqh

as long as your getting enough nutrition from other sources throughout the day aswell

Not enough to the point that you dont want to do it. This is like asking what would happen if a 40 kg women ate 800g of protein in one sitting, how much would absorb? Answer is the same, the question loses its significance and wouldnt be reasonable to even bother argueing.
If your goal is to build muscle, dont do over 20 rep sets. On any lift. It would just be an endurance training, not hypertrophy.
If your goal is something else but build muscle, the answer might be different.

Abs are another muscle group, doing them as a part of your workout is the normal way to do it. A cruch/situp or something of the sort + static hold like planks will most likely suffice nicely.

Deadlifts might hinder your workout doing farmers walks for example doesnt really matter, you do what you can. Though if your routine plan is to do DLs on day 1 and then on the next day other back exercises, the routine needs some fixing.

I've come across a few studies like so that show the impact isn't large: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3648753/

Are they unreliable studies? Also, is cholesterol the only risk? If so, I guess I could try it out and adjust depending on what it does to my cholesterol.

Do lat pulldowns with strict form.

Go to a pullup bar, jump up to the top, so in the position like you just did a pullup, and slowly lower yourself to the bottom.

These two exercises will help you do your first pullup and chin up.

Flex your body, become a stick.

Can I do deadlifts the day after I run?

20mins of running max

The one you linked is supported by an egg lobbyist, but that really isnt the point.
I believe the only thing that can be said is that there is no consensus among scientists.
Then again doctors do recommend to basically watch what you eat, and changing eating habits does lower cholesterol to a point.
Go to the pubmed page you linked, and click Author Information tab. See
>The symposium was chaired by Mitch Kanter and Penny Kris-Etherton. Guest Editor for this symposium publication was Donald K. Layman. Guest Editor disclosure: Donald K. Layman is Director of Research for the Egg Nutrition Center.

Egg nut cent is a pro egg thingy. I hold no personal views whether or not eggs are bad for you, I eat them myself but if my dad who happens to have slightly high cholesterol asked me if eating plenty of eggs a day is fine, I'd probably advice against it.
If youre interested in more research, check out uptodate.com, it's like the professional's wikipedia to drugs and medicine. It's not free, but an insider tip: get a proxy, and change your IP to come from NORWAY, and it's free and all accessible. The founder was norwegian lmao

uptodate.com/contents/management-of-elevated-low-density-lipoprotein-cholesterol-ldl-c-in-primary-prevention-of-cardiovascular-disease?source=search_result&search=cholesterol&selectedTitle=1~150#H2

How much weight gain should I aim for per month to build a decent amount of mass but keep fat gain manageable? I work out 4-5 times a week.

Im used to lifting but not cardio

It burns when I breathe afterwards and feels like the air is dense, right at the base of my throat

Anyone else feel this? I'm built but not fit, is this just me being a fatass and it will go away with time?

Hey guys, I'm doing GSPL since a month (two actually, but was cutting during the first month).

The main lifts are going up well, except for the DL... I squat 2pl8 since monday, but can barely DL 85Kg. I weight 73Kg and eat 2500cals erryday. To warm-up, I do 1x5 50kg then add 10kg until I reach 80kg, then add 5kg.

Should I eat more, change the way I warm-up or DL more often, like, switch the squats and DL in order to do DL twice a week instead of just once ? Thanks guys.

lactic acid in ur mouth lul

just suck it up fatty, youll make it. Pain is gain.

Your squats arent proper squats

If youre a beginner youre nowhere near doing 2plate for reps. Video yourself, compare to proper squats and see the difference.

What is a respectable OHP amount to lift?

THANK YOU S E N P A I

I WILL

Hmm, maybe you're right, but I should precise that I started lifting a month ago, but before that I did a year of bodyweight (6days a week) and a year of boxing (2 days a week and some light weighlifting during the weekend). I mean, I'm not trying to justify myself, you may be right after all. I hope not :/.

Easiest way to stop doubting and be sure of it is to simply video your squats. No one gives a shit if you do it at the gym, they all know youre just filming ur technique.
Around here in the nordics theyre called hockey squats for a reason. Hockey guys come to the gym, do quarter squats and think theyre tough shit. Less stress on the joints when the form is right and depth is hit, since less weight is being used.

I don't really worry about people in the gym looking at me because I have a homegym. In the case that my squats aren't actually good, does it means my DL is normal ?

It is what it is. Keep doing the programme as it tells you to do it. I havent personally tried that one ever, so cant say anything more on the subject, sorruy.

Okay, thanks for the advice though !

Bf% estimate? 5'11 down from 260 to 212.

im feeling 80% better from my cold, should i wait till im hyaku pasento or should i start working out today?

18-23% use the navy method it's good enough for your purposes

hair%

Exercises to prepare shoulders for OHP?

I heard face pulls are pretty good but i need more

I want to hop on some test and I'm 20.

If I cruise would I be okay or do I just fuck my shit up from the start

Really dumb question but where exactly am I supposed to feel deadlifts?

inb4 your soul/dick/butthole

I'm confused. How do I swim for fitness? I want to give it a try but what am I supposed to do? Specific form or anything or just swim laps back and forth?

youtube.com/watch?v=oTY1dj4HOG0

god damn it user

I'm kind of fat and working on my own cardio routine to cut my weight down.

The problem is that I'm going through pants like a motherfucker. I work retail and we're required to wear pants on the job. I get sweaty in my gooch and the pants legs rub together in this disgusting sweat-stain mess eventually leading to extreme chafing of the material such that it leads to holes.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to save my pants? Baby powder? Some kind of antiperspirant (kinda want to avoid this since I don't want chemicals near my nuts)?

Noodlearms McGee here. I woke up today after a long ass shift yesterday with my legs feeling feeble and achy. Is there anything I can do to bring them back up to speed?

Train lats and lose fat for pullups. Train triceps and lose fat for dips.

>tfw starting to fall for an old friend
>she lives on the other side of the fucking country
how to stop this before it's too late?

Also how do you count the weekly volume for the specific muscle groups? I know that for the quads you count all squats and all that, but what about deadlifts for example? They work quads, but not too much, since the knee flexion is little. Or pull ups for biceps. Do they count?

Is it all going to waste if I eat 1 hour after finishing a workout?

I did squats around 11:30 today and finished my workout around 12:30 but didn't get the chance to eat until 1:30. Is this bad and is my window already closed?

Isn't that window thing just pure broscience?
I read somewhere that it doesn't matter when you eat as long as you get enough protein at the end of the day

Try wearing compression shorts or pants. The material won't retain sweat the way normal underwear does, and it will prevent your legs from chafing.

trying to collect equipment to start my home gym.. what useful exercises use a decline bench? trying to decide between a bench that can go flat/incline/decline or just flat/incline

That's probably a good idea. Thanks user

any tips on how to build a weekly routine? I'm a skinny fat pro but my Pops says I got a lot of potential (broad shoulders and 6'0) I'm new to this? Any recommended readings beyond the sticky for lift?

Also english is not my first language thanks

Forgive me, I have no pic.

Repeatedly on deadlifts I have enough energy in my back to go for multiple sets, but my legs (like the front area of my quads, right above the knee) are totally exhausted by the 3rd rep.

What am I doing wrong?

I am struggling with eating more calories than normal.
If I eat something remotely fatty (anything fried or something like pizza) I just shit it all out, basically I get almost nothing from that meal.
This is amazing in general as I don't need to do anything to get a low body fat% but if I want bulk or atleast make decent progress it sucks.

Is the only way to try help this just adding a bunch of sugar to my meals?

I've been lifting for 6 months and my deadlift form is absolutely atrocious. My hips just go up while the weight is still on the ground and it turns into a SLDL. The weight doesn't matter, this happens even when I use the weight I can squat.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

What's a good pre-workout for a beginner?

The more natty the better, but I'd also like to not compromise effectiveness.

coffee or caffeine tablets for bigger effect

preworkouts are caffeine plus sugar, don't fall for the jews

I'm drinking an Espresso and eating a banana before workouts currently. Is that the best thing I can be doing?