ITT: least effective, waste-of-space pieces of gym equipment

ITT: least effective, waste-of-space pieces of gym equipment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-0t_hCzUgvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i like using them for shrugs and calf raises

Where else are you supposed to do squats?

Then you're doing shrugs wrong

youtu.be/-0t_hCzUgvM

>not using the dedicated shrug AND calf raise machines instead

this is the most retarded thing ive ever seen

people actually listen to this guy?

Why does everyone do shrugs like this? Shrugs ought to be done starting at the rack pull position, try to clean the bar using an extremely heavy weight that you won't be able to get up, cutting the rom short into a shrugging movement

Ayy dont dis Rippydicky

What's wrong with it?

The machine i use has adjustable position for the handles and i actually normally go down to rack position, I agree with what you say though. The machine at my gym is pretty sick you can move the handles to press position as well

Got a image of it? Sounds interesting

Eh, it keeps the dyels and girls away from the real racks, so I'm fine with it.

couldnt find anything like the one at the place but this pic is similar, the handles can be moved from close to floor to high up, the weights are built in but it doesnt have any 'step' or any platform like this

Unironically this.
Sure, I get why they're needed, but why does every gym have to have twenty of them?

>how to snap your shit up, from some fat dude

Without a fucking doubt, machines for bicep curls, tricep pushdowns and bench press machines

>gym has about 30 treadmills
>only 3 step climbers
the treadmill meme means I barely get to use a step climber ever

Try it you faggot, this shit gave me the worst DOMS ever
>not limited by grip
>explosive PULLS
holy shit my traps
keep doing your faggy smithy-shrugs

>but why does every gym have to have twenty of them?

because they generate memberships.

This so much. Back when I went to Planet Shitness because I had no other options, they had about 200 treadmills and exactly 4 stair steppers.

This. In the type of shrugs that everyone does 1. Not as much weight can be used and 2. Your arms unavoidably end up doing some of the work.
In a power clean, the force is generated by your hips, shoulders+traps and core. Your arms are just a string that connects your upper body to the bar. The "real" shrug in which you attempt a clean with weight you cant get up, those muscle groups are targeted WITHOUT help from your arms