I,ve been doing cold showers daily for 2 weeks

Not gonna lie I don't feel as good I cough and my body feels stressed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tummo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2 weeks

Thats your problem.
I was shivering immensely for the first 10 days and could barely even stand still.
About 500 days now and I am extremely satisfied.

It gets easier every day. But you have to do it every day

Just do lukewarm. Cold is a meme.

It gets better, just keep at it. You'll start noticing tangible positive results in about 6 weeks.

I live in AZ and the coldest option on the shower only gets slightly below lukewarm

Lol preach,

imo cold showers are a stupid meme. why would I subject myself to displeasure like that?

although when you wash/shampoo your hair you should use cold water, but I just step back so only my head is hit by it

Ok you don't want to shock your body with cold water as that fucks it up. Don't believe Mr. 500 days He's a memer. What you should do is temper your body by starting with warm water and over the course of 5-10 minutes gradually progress to very cold. You get the benefits of cold showers, but your body responds properly to them. In nature there are rarely big temperature shocks. Our body evolved to respond to gradual changes in temp.

2 years since i take cold showers, and my body still doesnt get used to it

And no cold showers arent a fucking meme, they are good in the long run, you will be thankfull when you an old man

>cold showers arent a fucking meme, they are good in the long run, you will be thankfull when you an old man
What benefits do they have over lukewarm showers?

>why would I subject myself to displeasure like that?

Because of a certain philosophical understanding you lack about the way the human body works. We get stronger from stresses and when we are comfortable we become weak.

Cold shower-takers have endless claims to the benefits of their health. Some are inarguable, like the suppression of the bodies inflammation response. But however feasible the other claims are, at the very least, you are practicing controlling your body. It is a training exercise of willpower.

Improves skin health, raises t levels, if you do it in the morning feel more energized, and it makes you feel better overall

Also take in count, hot showers in thw long run ends fucking up your cutis and you will age faster

You get the same benefits from lukewarm showers, i.e. by not showering hot. Why should I shower cold?

>you lack understanding of how human body works
>cold showers make you stronger

its all placebo. You would have to remain in the cold for basically your whole life to disrupt homeostasis. Doing it for about 10 minutes every morning isn't going to do jack shit.

I dont know man,i just likes it cols, also If you dont want to shower cold then dont do it mate, you will not be less of a man for not doing it

>Yeah bro! Totally not a meme! Just do it for 486 more days then it'll work

cold water stress's your body. stress is physically worse for you then most hard drugs.

Looooool

I started about a month ago. First 2 days were shit then I got used to it and now it's just a shower. I'm currently working on not getting my breathing spazzy when I splash my chest and back (I stopped this start with the legs crap). I feel fucking greater than ever, it wakes me up in the morning like coffee never ever could and makes me go to bed fresh and happy.

Plus as other anons said, it's an excercise of willpower. Starting your morning with an ice shower puts you in the mindset to do all the unpleasant rewarding challenges during the day.

eat more.

you need extra calories to deal with it.

All I know from my own experience is that as I follow my path to becoming a better man and being more disciplined, taking cold showers has been pivotal.

I like to take a hot shower and get a sort of sauna effect while I sweat out all my toxins and clean myself. I end the shower with 3-5 minutes of ice cold water while simulating hyperventilation. The hyperventilation activates a flight or fight response and my body releases adrenaline, making it easier to endure the cold. When I get out I feel proud, accomplished from my display of will, and fucking ALIVE.

This is my personal experience, I've been doing these for about 8 months to a yearish and was inspired to do so from Wim Hof.

Lol wrong

>mfw I start my showers with the coldest setting for 1-2 minutes, then switch to a good ol' hot shower to get the dirt off

>He's a memer

What did he mean by this?

You don't have to do anytthing. Just sharing my experience. I got used to cold showers after about a month and they became pleasant after a year.

You shouldn't exercise your body aswell. Very stressful and literally worse than drugs

The amount of men I know that don't require a meme shower in order to do unpleasant things with little to no reward is probably greater than the number of cold showers you've taken.

If it works for you then great, but others don't need this to get shit done or to feel good.

what the fuck does this prove? nice cuckoldry

By your logic working out is also a meme.

Jesus you sound like a fag.

you couldve just said placebo

Placebo is proven to be good anyways so i dont care

Origin of pic ?

I never said it was needed, but it definitely is not a meme. Much less so at the very least than fucking nofap which seems to be perpetuated at every turn.

Hyperventilation changes your blood's pH, to which your body responds by leeching calcium out of bones.

Also there's no such thing as "sweating out toxins" - over 90% of toxic waste comes out with urine.

In other words, you're a fag.

Cold showers killed my urge to fap, when I look at a clip I don't even want to rub one out. lol.

>I care what some random anonymous faggot on the internet thinks.

Do you guys use shampoo when taking a cold shower? I always use warm water when using shampoo because it feels like the shampoo doesn't wash off properly in cold water.

He will be less of an idiot. I know some here are trolling hard but some actually believe the meme.

Cold shock proteins. Wim hoff is the real deal

Americans everybody!

No, it is a meme, and you fell for it. But on the bright side I'm entertained.

i done it for 4 years and was pretty healthy for the whole time. maybe a cold once a year.

No, it's not a meme and you fell for the meme of it being a meme. I can't say I'm entertained.

That's Wim Hof
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof

There's also a yogic tradition that cultivates "inner heat" (through supposed psychic powers) called tummo
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tummo
the towels are wet and the yogi is supposed to try and dry the towel using only tummo

>Why should I shower cold?
because you dont want to. start your day off by doing something that you dont like (which has no side effects). its uncomfortable, by having the will power to over come this tiny thing the next uncomfortable part of your life will be easier.

If you're natty, then it absolutely is.

>using jewpoo

side note, how would hot water make shampoo come out differently?

Nope, urea is found in sweat.
You're literally sweating piss.

dishes washed with hot water feel cleaner than when washed with cold water. think of a clean glass.

>feel
shampoo and dish soap (soap in general) are meant to cling to dirt and scrub it off, the more bubbles/foam the better. the heat in a dishwasher is for sterilization, killing germs.

Urea =/= Urine.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

This guy gets it

dangerous road my man

Work your way into it. I prefer room temp or like tropical oceans temp to ice cold water.

>placebo effects
Also willpower is like a muscle and you can train it, but you are better off picking a less useless goal.

Even if that were true I'd rather not be covered in piss