Skincare

No skin care thread??

I want to start taking better care of my skin. Right now I only use cheap shaving cream and a middle range aftershave what else should I add for skin care gains? Also are facial peels a meme or worth it and how do I fix the change in skin colour around my eyes?

Best way is to stop eating shit.

>wash face twice daily with cleanser
>exfoliate a couple of times a week
>facial moisturize daily
optional
>eat carrots daily
>omega 3 supplement daily

ez

This. Mine gets quite dry sometimes though, is that diet related or just shit skin?

my skin looks its best when I touch it with as few products as possible.

For real, I had all sorts of spots, marks, dry skin problems when I was exfoliating x2 a day, using the occasional mask, using expensive aftershave balm products etc.

The only thing I do now is shave x1 a day (sometimes I rest it on sunday) with a cheap supermarket brand shaving cream, bog standard razorblade and a sensitive aftershave balm, and it looks fucking great.

Most skincare products are a fraud

read the Veeky Forums skincare general sticky

this x2
there's a certain brand of peanutbutter that makes pimples pop up on my face and back, if i stop eating it they dissapear, same with granny smith apples
just change your diet up a bit, see what happens

Granny Smith apples give you spots? First time I've heard that.

probably allergies or something like that, some people get itchy spots, some get acne (i think)

I found the key is natural Omega3 intake and zinc intake.

Add 1/4 tsp per pound of your weight 3x a week of coconut oil if you want to go above and beyond. It's antifungal and anti bacterial and just very healthy.

I looked into it after I noticed I got a ton of pimples after I took Omega 3 pills and skipped a day. It turns out normal Omega 3 supplements suppress your body's immune response to pimples. So once you stop taking them, they come back with a vengeance.

To avoid that you need natural sources that contain Omega 3s and zinc.
Zinc has been proven to help natural skin support for preventing acne.

1/2 a cup of canned spinach had the amount of zinc you need a day

4oz of salmon has the amount of Omega 3s you need a day.

If I eat both 2-3 times a week, use coconut oil instead of olive oil, and my skin is very clear.

If you hate fish, you can still get Omega3s with grass fed beef and vegetarian fed chicken. Feeding them corn like normal fucks up the chemistry in the meat so they have a higher amount of Omega6s.

>and a middle range aftershave
>putting alcohol on your face every day
STOP RIGHT FUCKING NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOOK 90 IN YOUR 30S

I use E45 all over after I shower, makes my skin feel so good mane

arent you supposed to put on an aftershave after you shave???

fix your diet, wash your face everyday. I usually just wash my face in the shower with some IRISH SPRING bar soap.

>peanutbutter
Maybe you're just slightly allergic?
Pesonally noticed getting pimples and even itching after I binged on beer, chips and other junk for few days.

More like
>putting alcohol in your sacred body temple every day

yeah i think everyone gets that all the oil...

My routine:

Wash face with only water in morning
Put on sunscreen
Put on mosturizer

At night, wash my face with a gentle facial cleanser
Apply 8% AHA gel on entire face, this smoothes out and evens your skin tone
Wait for it to dry and completely absorb
Put on mosturizer

Once a week I'll also do a dead sea mud mask at night before the AHA.

I know people will call me gay but I enjoy looking good and the routine itself doesn't even take that long

More than once, I've heard drinking plenty of water helps.

Aftershave is a meme. Better use something regenerating, like aloe vera creams, or alum. Or just use some moisturizer.

All you need to do is buy tretinoin from an online pharmacy and put it on once a day for the rest of your life. You'll be 50 and still look 30

and use sunscreen

i feel facial peels are good for improving your skin tone and thars about it. i don't know much about treating your eyes but it is trickier since the skin around them is thinner. heres my routine

morning:

- rinse face with cool water

- apply aczone cream (prescribed by dermatologist)

- apply Korean moisturizer shitt. i recently started using donginbi aqua. ginseng root oil is the main ingredient, it's good for moisturizing or something. my skin always feels fucking amazing after immediately after i put it on. i feel Like a soft little asian girl. you can get a mini set for about 15 dollars on amazon if you want to try it.

- put on sunscreen. if you have sensitive skin like me and normal sunscreens burn/irritate your skin, use solbar zinc. the shit is cheap and so good. if it feels heavy when you out it on just use less. also really good for moisturizing.

night:

- wash face with aveeno sensitive foam wash.

- exfoliate using origins nature's gentle dermabrasion. $21 dollars a tube, but the one i have now has lasted me over a year so far. i exfoliate 2-3 times a week.

- then i apply the donginbi again.

also i do face masks like once every other week or whenever i remember to.

i used to have rly disfiguring rolling and boxcar acne scars so im getting radiofrequency treatments done by my dermatologist. im about to have my fourth and final treatment next week. the scars have definitely improved but are still quite noticeable. has anyone else treated their deep acne scars with laser or radiofrequency? i want to get rid of my scars as much as possible.. sorry this reply got long LoL

>wash my face twice a day
>use topical treatments prescribed by my dermatologist
>eat a ton of vegetables
>0 processed foods in my diet
>change my pillow case nightly
>avoid refined sugar as much as possible
>still have bad acne

I guess I just got fucked with genetics on that one. When my dad was my age (19) he had some of the worst acne I had ever seen. Luckily I'm FAR from that, but my acne still won't go away after having had it for years. I've given up, I'm starting accutane in a week.

We need to commandeer this general from the Veeky Forums fags who think skincare boils down to what brand of moisturizer and bodywash you use.

Whenever a greasy substance touches your skin, use a wet napkin or cloth to wipe it off.

Also that daily chemical peel you get in the shower needs to be reconsidered.

stop touching your face with hands after you touched your dick/balls

stop touching your face at all and wash it after every time you do touch it

I remember seeing that movie years ago for the first time, thinking that body was an unreachable ideal. Getting there anons

accutane may help with acne but it is one of the worst things you can do to your body

I remember when i saw this guy and thought maybe i would hand my shit over to gangbangers.Now i feel up to a fight.

ma nigga

Use one with little to no alcohol because alcohol dries your face and makes you look older

exfoliating x2 a day is obviously not what you are suppose to do. twice a week is optimal. twice a day rapes your skin.

chemical exfoliation is fine once a day, though maybe not twice

physical exfoliation is what should be done sparingly--once a week or less

checked

thanks patrick

yeah dude accutane will fuck up your skin if you're not careful. With that said if you know what you're doing itll be fine, I literally traveled to the desert whilst on accutane.

How do you guys deal with dark circles under eyes? I have read about people using vitamin c serum but want to know of other solutions(besides more sleep) Does excessive screen use during the day cause them?

copy bateman and get a gel/ice mask

Good post user

>Add 1/4 tsp per pound of your weight 3x a week of coconut oil
per pound?

He was probably allergic to lead

chug chug chug chug

Some life style tips that worked for me:
-No chicken and dairy products. NONE! I can literally feel my skin get greasy and itchy after eating those, especially chicken.
-Very little fapping (sex is different, don't know why)
-No hot showers or baths. This doesn't mean you should take cold showers, lukewarm is probably the ideal. Hot showers make your pores look big, dehydrate your face and are all around unhealthy for a man.
-If it's a cold winter, don't go outside after a shower, wait a while. This caused me all sorts of skin issues.

Accutane works. It is 100% effective, don't listen to people who counter signal it. Yes it has various side effects, but if you have a good dermatologist he will help you avoid most of them.

My face has been extremely oily lately. Never had this issue before. Could it be a change in diet? Halp

Bump

I do the top 3 and my skin gets really oily after a few hours

>>Veeky Forums12722503

Oil up. Moisturize. Drink tons of water. Eat colored vegetables. 22 and I look 16 lmao. I'd upload a pic but I'd get doxxed and accused of attention whoring