I'm on the third day of the keto diet

I'm on the third day of the keto diet,
I feel weak as fucking shiet.

I'm having around 25g of carbs per day, 2000 cal with fats and proteins.
I think I've read I can up it max to 50g once my body gets used to burning fat mainly,
that can take anything from 3 days to two weeks, fuck me sideways this is bothersome I couldn't even work out today.

Also I need to drink almost 4 liters of water not to feel like shit.

I get enough sodium with broth, I'm gonna go grab something for magnesium and potassium at the pharmacy,
is that going to help?

I already get around 7-800 mg of potassium from food, but very little magnesium.

Other urls found in this thread:

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/01/13/ajcn.2009.27725.short
bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h3978
youtu.be/AOJxfh0b3o8?t=2m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Keto is shit, intermittent fasting is better.

>keep your meals in a 8-9h window
>wow so diet, much effort

You can do both retard.

You fast 2 whole days a week and exercise, can eat whatever the fuck you want and still lose fat. WIth keto you need to eat stuff most people don't like in large amounts and you can get heart disease from all that fat.

Your choice.

>intermittent fasting
>fast 2 whole days
>think dieting is exclusively to lose fat
>doesn't even know my Tdee
>on keto you need to eat stuff most people don't like
>fatty fish, meats, butter, olive oil, eggs
>can get heart disease from eating fats

Keto is mainly done to burn fat, what are other dietary benefits then?

If not to lose fat, what are other benefits?

If you eat lots of fats, you have higher risk of heart disease, that's a fact.

>dietary benefits
>only benefits of a diet can be dietary

The ketogenic diet started in the medical pediatrician environment as an anti-seizure diet for kids with epilepsy,
the main goal of the diet is to make your metabolism to switch from glucose to ketons wich is a form of fuel more available for your brain because it doesn't need to be processed.

>If you eat lots of fats, you have higher risk of heart disease, that's a fact.
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/01/13/ajcn.2009.27725.short
bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h3978

A theory is not a fact.

Helps preventing t2 diabetes risk, increases brain function and bunch of other shit.
Everyone should do keto for ~month every year. So fucking healthy.

>If you eat lots of fats, you have higher risk of heart disease, that's a fact.

scoff

Post mor anime tiddies

It's called keto flu and there's no going around that. You can however lessen it by drinking a LOT of water (+3 gallons) if you are able to try to drink 1.5 gallons over 30 min to reduce the effects quicker

glucose is a better energy source, enjoy your reddit-tier fad diet you foggy brained faggot

Google tells me 3 gallons are more than 11 liters, what the fuck?
I'm already drinking 4 liters and pissing like a madman, that's just gonna make me run out of electrolytes faster, or kill me due water intoxication.

Nice
>PROOFS
you got there, have some more tiddies.

so i'm enjoying the keto diet after about 1.5 weeks. energy levels aren't where they were before yet, but mentally i feel great, and physically i feel better than i can remember. i'm doing a spartan run competition (3-5 mile run with obstacles) in late october. any advice/suggestions for preparing for this event food-wise?

should i eat a decent amount of carbs the night before? the morning of? will ketones be enough?

>All these keto vaginas falling for the fad diet meme

Rogan, you animal. Next they're going to start quoting the bro science blogs, the acupuncturists, and the chiropractors.

It's too funny, keep this shit going.

I have a question regarding the macro's on a ketogenic diet.

You're supposed to eat 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat.. but wait a minute..
Some people say 70% of your CALORIES should come from fat and not simply that your diet is 70% fat.
Isn't there a difference here?

A 2000 kcal diet where your calories come from 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% is fat.
(2000x0,05)/4=25g carbs
(2000x0,25)/4=125g protein
(2000x0,70)/9=155,5g fat

But now, your macros add up to 25+125+155,5=305,5
Which means your macros are 8,18% carbs, 40,9% protein and 50,9% fat.
(25/305,5)x100=8,18%
(125/305,5)x100=40,9%
(155,5/305,5)x100=50,9%

If you follow the thinking of having your macros to be 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat, then the calories wont add up.
A 2000kcal diet where your macros are your basis for percentages, this is what you should eat:
13,5g carbs, 67,9g protein, 190g fat.

So which one is it?
Is the 5%, 25% and 70% from calories or from macro nutrients?

It has to be the percentages from calories right?
Saying that your diet should consist of 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat is... wrong.
Saying that your diet should have 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat from your total calories is.. right.

Right?

are you autistic?

what? don't you see the difference?
macros and calories are different things since fat is 9kcals pr gram.

stop overthinking it kid. keep carbs as low as possible. every time you eat, eat a decent amount of protein and a lot of fat.

I hope this soothes you.

It's based off a 1700cal tdee (i'm cutting)

youtu.be/AOJxfh0b3o8?t=2m50s

"A conventional diet has you eating roughly 20% fat, 30% protein and and 60% carbs."
>Ignoring that this adds up to 110% since the video shows 50% carbs.
A statement like this is taking the basis of your percentages from your total macros.

If you eat 20% fat, 30% protein and 50% carbs.

Let's say your goal is to eat 1g of protein per lbs of bodyweight and you weigh 200 lbs.
200g protein = 30% = 800 kcals
(200x3,33=666,66) Which means your macros in total are 666,66g
30% of 666,66g = 200g protein = 800 kcals
20% of 666,66g = 133,33g fat = 1199,9 kcals
50% of 666,66g = 333,33g carbs = 1333,3 kcals

sure I might be overthinking it, but people are saying the wrong thing.

My point is:
Saying "you should eat 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat" is wrong.

You need WAY MORE electrolytes, because your body is flushing them out extremely quickly. This is why keto noobs fail. You literally need to chug lite salt and take magnesium supplements.

your calculations are wrong

for the second example, it would go like this:

200g protein = 800 calories
since this is 30% of your total calories, your total calories are 80000/30 = 2666

50% carbs means 1333/4 = 333g carbs

and 20% fat means 533.2/9 = 59g fat

Protein should be measured in a stationary format (~150g-250g).

>since this is 30% of your total calories
but it's not, it's 30% of your macros. How would 200g of protein contain 2666 kcals?

"You should eat 30% protein" means that 30% of the foods you consume is protein.

you've misunderstood what these percentage recommendations mean. 30% protein means that of your total calories, 30% should be protein.

I've read the minimum requirements are

>5 g of sodium
>1 g of potassium
>400 mg of magnesium

I get more than enough sodium just by drinking a cup of broth, I try to eat eggs, salmon and tuna daily but I only get about 1g of potassium and 200mg of magnesium.

I didn't think that would make such a difference but holy shit I feel weak,
bought today something to supplement both potassium and magnesium and I met the requirements, I feel better but still not 100%.

I do understand that it is from total calories, but I just think the linguistics used is when giving recommendations are flawed.

People talk about the keto flu which is a few days of your body adjusting to its new fuel source and lack of electrolytes.

But really the transition is much longer, and you will really only notice if you're an athlete. You will not be as good as you were on a carbohydrate heavy diet for a long time and most people do not have the patience to see this phase through. After a few months you WILL get back to baseline and continue improving, but no one is willing to allow themselves to perform less than optimally for that amount of time.

People think keto is a meme because idiots think they can eat bacon and drink butter. You need to diversify your fats niggers. You need to consume the proper types of fats as well.

A reason why Veeky Forums specifically thinks keto is a maymay is because their lifts go down, but as I mentioned this is only temporary, although longer than most people are willing to wait.

>You need to diversify your fats niggers. You need to consume the proper types of fats as well.
go on