TFW you will never fight the greatest general of all time

>TFW you will never fight the greatest general of all time

>TFW you will never start German nationalism

>TFW you will never be seen as a German liberator.

So do the "Wars of Liberation" still get viewed that way in Germany? Or are they still so cucked by war guilt that any fond looking at military victories gets you called a Nahzee?

Also, Napoleonic Wars general.

Attached: Battle_of_Leipzig_11.jpg (1200x785, 184K)

>are they still so cucked by war guilt that any fond looking at military victories gets you called a Nahzee
Almost nobody would combine the wars of German unity as something connected to Nazis.
Actually most people don't really care about them, especially the Prusso-Danish war and the Austro-Prussian war. They are seen as the prelude to the Franco-Prussian war, which is seen objectively as a smart political feat by Bismarck and the thing that united Germany. There really is no glorification of this. The focus is mainly on how Bismarck unified the Germans, not the wars.

The prussian reformers are the only allowed source of military tradition before 1945 besides the military resistance against the nazis.

>ywn live in a time when great military victories were widely celebrated by the whole nation as moments of glory and honour

Sad. A few months ago on Australian news they had a story about our PM visiting Israel to tour the site of a great Australian cavalry victory over the Ottomans in WWI, and I thought it was pretty fucking cool but all the news kept carrying on about was the emotional, sentimental side of the losses of the war. Fuck that, I like celebrating the glory of the victory.

Why are you talking about the Wars of Unification, when this is a German/Napoleonic Wars thread?

There wasn't glory in world war one, there were breif glimpses of the battles of honour and glory of yesteryear.

feels bad man

Attached: -.jpg (500x500, 69K)

Ah shit, my bad.
But you can say generally the same. The most important thing people care about is the Völkerschlacht bei Leipzig and in the context of German nationalistic rise and romanticism. Nazis don't really care about this as much.

There was certainly glory at Tannenberg

Nobody in Germany cares about Germany prior to 1933.
It's sad, really

Why not?

>implying the states of the confederation of the rhine weren't more important than prussians in that regard

>21st century will see the rise of AI generals that will outclass every humans

Leipzig really should be talked about more, Waterloo is a meme.

thank the eternal anglo for that

>WAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

I'm German and you're retarded. we have the same amount of history war affinity as every other country

Unfortunately, I don't have a time machine to go back and be able to kill Creasy.

No, Germany is cucked to death and the only heroes of the Federal German Republic are Graf Stauffenberg(to some extent) and the "White Rose", this is because the subject of their doings was to fight Hitler, otherwise German history is unknown to almost every Person, they probably just think we went from Caveman to Germanic tribes to the Middle Ages then reached Industrialization and then finally went to beeing Nazis. The mainstream "historians" portrait Prussia as proto-Nazi-state and the media makes fun of traditional German culture,habits and values in documentaries that are semi-related to that.

Some Greenparty fags managed to prevent celeberations for the 200th anniversary of the Battle at Leipzig in 2013, they should get rounded up and shot as soon as possible.

They even said having German flags in public during football-seasons is "Nationalism" and thus bad.

>Nazis don't really care about this as much.
You again got something wrong, read what OP asked:
>Or are they still so cucked by war guilt that any fond looking at military victories gets you called a Nahzee?
He asked if looking fond at military victories gets you called a "Nahzee", which is correct for most conversations with, at least slightly, left-leaning people.

You have to understand how much glorification of the past terrifies the current German government, which is made up of simpering globalist neoliberals. It was Germany's fascination with their glorious past that in part helped the Nazis rise to power. Hitler and his party played up the return to glorious Prussian supremacy, the return of Empire, and that really appealed to the downtrodden spirit of the people at the time. More than anything they are terrified of the populace becoming so disaffected with their incompetent government that they start flocking once again to the banner of nostalgia and past glories. They fear what might come of it.

I think though that they fear needlessly. The modern German is too many generations removed from the German who fought Napoleon, the glory is now dead and buried.

Really? Cause when I was in Germany, even bringing it up got you weird or uncomfortable looks. That or people just didn't know the shit.

Attached: Iron Kingdom.jpg (313x475, 28K)

Which is weird considering Nazism started in Bavaria

Well said except for this:
>I think though that they fear needlessly. The modern German is too many generations removed from the German who fought Napoleon, the glory is now dead and buried.

We will get that glory back, make it ever lasting and get even more triumphant honour in which we can swiftly recover the deep-running wounds of shame and agony, we will get back what's ours, point.

Attached: hitler willy.png (555x802, 435K)

It's a nice place though. The lion's pretty cool

bump

>people just didn't know the shit
This.

People are too busy learning about the horrible deathcamps that were operated in what is current day Poland (some would even go as far as to say they were "Polish Deathcamps") to learn about anything else.

>Polish Deathcamps

Yeah, they wouldn't have been there if the Germans hadn't invaded. There may have been some Poles, but they were German Deathcamps.

>So do the "Wars of Liberation" still get viewed that way in Germany?

At least in my school yes, it was an important topic, but the military side itself was never really mentioned (just like ww2, or ww1), just the rise of nationalism and the deep reforms in prussia in almost every aspect.

I still do not understand how they could get away with mentioning nationalism as a good thing here and as purely evil on any other occassion, but they probably hoped for young kids not asking any uncomfortable questions.

But outside of school, no, noone ever talks about it, as german history is overwhelming centered on the nazi times.

At least in germany, I would say that the Völkerschlacht (battle of nations) is more well known then Waterloo, but its probably the only place.

>overwhelming centered on Nazi times

What do they just ignore all the castles and shit? Nothing about the HRE or anything like that?

>I'm German and you're retarded
I bet you don't get to say that often.

So does Austria give a fuck about this anymore, or do they act like history starts in 1945?

As a frenchman I was insanely triggered by their portrayal of Napoléon in the museum next to the Völkerschlachtdenkmal.
He was the good guy for Pete's sake

>Be Napoleon

>Agree with the Revolution and downfall of Bourbon monarchy

>Decides to make himself the Emperor

agree or "agree" to get to hold your position in military

You really think he cared about the Bourbons?

bump

Do the CDU folks view it that way, or are we calling everyone who isn't the the AFD or further right left in Germany?

If Leipzig was that important Waterloo would never have happened.

Attached: 1396260007007.png (807x593, 415K)

Well it really shouldn't have, but Napoleon showed up again and frogs just can't break away from their masochistic habits.

One of the few ones