ITT: Lifts that get you funny looks from normies

I'll start with pic related.
>be me doing pic related for the first time at gym after training them in secret in /homegym/ for a year
>140kg x 3
>some old guy comes up to me, saying I'm gonna break my back, he knows since he used to be a big time bodybuilder
>disregard his advice
>asks me to work in
>proceeds to do 4x30 20kg squats
>mfw

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/complete-guide-to-zerchers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't think I've ever gotten useful unsolicited advice in the gym

Always weak people too

The Neck Bridge Pullover to Press™
the book is just full of these

i thought from the thumbnail he was balanced on trash bags.

SNAP CITY

Learn to front squat from the floor, you goober.

>True story: Did zercher's for five months. Stopped when I went to give blood and the nurse couldn't get any blood from the veins on my forearms. My conclusion was that the exercise had damaged them.

Literally every single lift, I go to a shit-tier only girls gym (femanon)

Why would you even zercher?
What's the advantage here over a front squat?
You're engaging less of your core since the weight is closer to your centre of gravity.
Maybe that's good if you've just had a C-section, but why would you want to rob your core?

Literally only person that ever does OHP in the gym. I always get looks when I do it.

Same.

I'm also the only one who does diddlies too.
Well aside from the owner who is a Bulgarian powerlifter.

What's the deal with you femanons having to state your gender status everytime you post anything?
>OH, I EAT LIKE THAT, FEMANON BTW
>MY GYM IS COOL, FEMANON BTW
>I FIND X EXERCISE SHIT, FEMANON BTW

RDL and Neck curls

neck curls i at least understand cuz it looks foolish but i dont think most people "get" RDLs

>finally see someone wanting to ohp
>he puts on some decent weight
>push presses it or literally doesn't bring the bar below his head

>feels good
>can load way more than front squat (almost as much as back squat, shitty proportions)
>uses upper back
why wouldn't I

Women can't function if they aren't constantly the center of attention, positive or negative.

It robs your core and fucks your elbows?

my "core" gets more than enough work from my other lifts.
plus "core" is kind of a meme for riptards and crosshits anyways.

goddamn zerchers make me feel so good

I have only once. Some guy helped me with my deadlift form when I was a newbie.
I remember an old man handed me the pussy pad when I was squatting and I laughed and said I didn't need it. Felt like a dick desu

Femanon here
Ur rude

Imagine how pathetic a woman must be if she is looking for attention from anonymous autists from the fitness section of a cambodian forum about chinese cartoons

Dragon flags. I can't think of anything that makes me look more like an autist. It also brings immediate attention to myself from almost everyone else in the gym. I really dont care though since none of the dyels could do one.

You get triggered easily, you fine?

what's the problem with push press??

for some reason everyone looks at me like i'm doing good mornings when i do pic related. in fact i almost never see anyone doing regular deads at my gym, let alone romanians

Post tits

wtf normies do ab shit all the time
there are a handful of 16yo s who do dragons flag on the reg at my gym

i do this between every set of everything
my back is sick
but sometimes i get weird looks

landmine exercises are fucking great, have you tried 1 armed press?

Sure thing lad
But the gains were nowhere as sick as from landmine rows
cant get enought of it

I'm probably the only male the only male to do RDLs in my gym, there are mostly girls there and they do stiffs so no one care.

>you fine?

"LE WHO HURT YOUUU? LE REDIT LE WUBALU DUB DUB"

Decline unilateral dumbbell press.
Matter of fact I'm one of three people in my gym to ever do a unilateral dumbbell press.
Damn uneven pecs.

i should try those then, thanks

dont be afraid to go heavy
do them everyday
do weighted stretch with heavy weight for 10-15 sec
you will thank me couple of months later for sickest back ever

>be me
>70 years old
>out of shape, not obese
>sign of a life well lived
>kids have their families now
>wife has died
>I decide to go to the gym
>Just to focus on something other than being sad and alone
>Still remember all the old lifts
>See young man
>5ft or so, probably >200lbs
>Reminds me of my son
>See him load up the barbell with almost his own weight
>He gets under it and balances it on his elbows
>wtf.jpg
>Starts doing squats in that retarded position
>Back rounds, horrible form
>I hurry over as he finishes
>"hey lil guy! You're going to hurt your back if you do that how you're doing it!"
>he makes some noise like a disgruntled sheep
>I see him roll his small little eyes
>Still smile at him anyway "I used to do a bit of bodybuilding when I was your age. You really don't need to lift such big weights to make the muscle grow!"
>He makes a sputtering noise and gargles out "N-No I train for strength not aesthetics. I'm gonna be YOKED"
>I don't really care
>I just need to use the squat rack
>Ask if I can work in with him
>He mumbles something like "Yes"
>Load up 20kg on the bar
>My knees aren't what they used to be
>Have barely any cartilage, gotta be careful
>High rep, low weight
>Hear rumbling whale noises from behind me mid-set
>Look in the mirror and see the short guy laughing
>Scowl at him and finish up
>Later see him posting the story on The Chan
Kids these days..

barbell fucks ie hip thrusters
they are of obvious value, but they are too suggestive to do in public

just hold them for 1-2 secs
I've had a few women walk up to me and ask me how I set up my hip extensions, most women want juicy butts but are afraid to do them in a gym full of muscular men.

>5ft or so

I find it in this case, actually relevant.

OP here, that was pretty funny
but honestly the inherent risk and "retardedness" of the zercher grip is greatly exaggerated. it looks dangerous, but it isn't.
you get me
L O N D O N?
O
N
D
O
N
?
(seriously though it feels so fucking good)

Geez I hope to see swell guy like you at my gym. Cause you really seem to be the kind of guy that likes to take ANY advice that people give you. I'd advise you to try the KYS press. Don't question it kiddo! You don't wanna be rude to the grown ups.

what do you landmine people think of the landmine chest press (two hands)
I heard good things

neck exercises
but yeah, I agree I look stupid, those look like blowjob resistance training

>starting romance

Landmine 180
literally the only way to target abs in my gym are crunches

don't those target obliques tho?

good exercise, doesn't target inner chest because that's not possible

Have you take the reverse bench pill, Veeky Forums?
Also post yfw there are still people who think incline is best for upper chest.

But why were you doing Zercher squats in the first place?

>zercher uses less of your core

You're a fucking retard

I like them and they're effective

With the weight closer to your centre of gravity, you're pussing less stress on your core to maintain rigidity

Yes they stated they go to an all-females gym yet you still need to be cued in that the poster is a female. Youre fucking retarded.

Not a fan, my hands are too big to comfortably grip it properly, other than than it'd be ok but I find incline bench to be better anyway.

Yup. I remember back when I first started lifting and was doing deads and some guy came over to show me proper form and started doing rows.

>t-thanks
Guy gave me dirty looks every time I did diddlies for like 6 months until I was pulling lmao 3.5pl8

>that extra yoke work while doing stupid leg work
>they're more fun than front/back squats

Also they're way more intense on the core since the load is in front of your CoG opposed to in line with your CoG in a back/front squat.

Bc women's only gym. Having looked in from outside at these places I can't imagine the shitshow that goes on inside.

I assume when I'm doing rdl that others think I just don't know how to dl properly.

your "core" is what makes your other lifts progress you fucking retard

do 4 minutes of dead bugs a day and watch how your compound lifts improve across the board

you do know the weight is trying to pull you forward and requires trunk stabilization to keep in place, similar to a front squat. But you're a mouth breathing retard and can't think.

t-nation.com/training/complete-guide-to-zerchers

Stop being a faggot and think you dumb cunt

>core is a meme

Lifts and picture now faggot. Prove your so much better (you won't because you're a weak dyel)

>using legs in a shoulder exercise
wanna know how I know your dyel?

It's topical you neckbeards.
I would agree with you if it wasn't but you're just sperging out.

>you're

let's see, side bends with weight above head, back extension with barbell on neck, walking barbell calf press, pendlay rows

Doing standing version of this, get weird looks everytime.

tfw you just want juicy forearms.

Neck curls. It's better than looking like a pencilneck faggot though.

Your center of gravity is around your belly button.
The closer weight is to your CoG, the more stable you are. The less work your muscles need to do keep you standing.

Zerchers don't need your core to work that hard because the deviance from your CoG is what like 6''?
Whereas with front squats, you have whole feet separating the weight from the CoG
Yes, a proper front squat keeps the weight just above your CoG and therefore should not activate your abs at all.
But that's how now it works in reality. We weave too and fro, even when just standing. Little micro adjustments. That's how we stand.
Squatting down requires constant adjustment.

The literal physics of the matter mean that the farther from the CoG, the more work is required to maintain balance.

Go take a look at Boston Dynamics walking robots. They have a crotch that is like a foot long. Because the more mass they can cram into the CoG, the less work the robot needs to do to stay upright

Girls wouldnt post that loser

>/b/
>Someone took time to create this
Oy vey

L O N D O N I S M Y C I T Y

Why would you get weird looks for that? It's pretty standard

Never done those.

Looks like it doesn't compress your spine from up top.... but it pretty much puts that weight on the top of your back sorta. + the leverage of extended arms makes it even more of a push force on just the upper part of your spine....

Look at the hands
He's not preacher curling.
He's pronating

Wait are you seriously saying a front squat doesnt use ab strength or core activation? You're a dyel faggot, watch any video about front squatting and they stress core strength. Have you ever front squatted or done it with any serious weight? Zerchers are taxing on the core as you're trying to prevent yourself from collapsing inwards and stay upright.

No you moron, I'm saying that front squat takes a lot. More than back imo
Zercher takes less than front.

Front is the squat you want to do for your abs.
Draw a fucking vector diagram of a squat and see that I'm right.

Clean into strict ohp, then drop from the top. Reason people stare at me is cause i drop my hex plated bar of 185 onto a few pads on the floor. Sometimes i miss entirely and it hits the solid floor making the room shake. To be honest I hate my local ymca and its about time till I get kicked out. Also doesnt help that the weightlifting room is upstairs. The receptionists directly under the room hate my gut and ive been yelled at before by them. These day I just smirk and head bang while i pass them. Fucking faggots dont even lift.

>Yes, a proper front squat keeps the weight just above your CoG and therefore should not activate your abs at all.

Have you ever zercher squat before? Shit rocks your core or do you think core means abs?

>what is torque

The amount of force that the core needs to counteract is influenced much more by horizontal distance from CoG than vertical.

Though if you were lifting next to a large electromagnet pulling perpendicular to gravity then yeah it would be harder to back squat it than zercher.

Sir it's me, your brother. Come back home so we can take you to St. Judes where you belong.

Not sure really. I go to the cheapest gym in town, full of bogans and DYELs, might explain the ignorance...? shrug

I'm not saying back squats hit the core more than zercher
I'm saying fronts do more.

You're right that horizontal deviance means more (it's not called torque though, that's a result of spinning motion).
But a 1'' difference at a metre from your CoG means a lot more than a 6'' difference at the same level as your CoG.

When we stand, and especially when we squat, we move a little on the vertical.
A front squat has the potential to move a lot over our CoG. And you can really feel it.

A zercher does not have that much room to move. Look at the RoM of the weight in a zercher
Not fucking very far is it?
A front squat has a far larger RoM

Zerchers are a meme squat.

1. The RoM SHOULD be identical between the lifts considering it's your legs controlling that in these lifts and your posture should be essentially the same for both.

2. Take your OHP and hold it at the top of the rep with your joints all stacked under it. Is that harder or easier to stabilize than holding that same weight out and inch in front of your body? Gravity operated in a straight line m8 only the deviations horizontally from that line can create moments the vertical distance doesn't matter. (To be clear I'm not saying front squats don't require significant core activation)

3. If you like to front squat than front squat instead of being a faggot on the internet about it, the zercher is a perfectly valid lift which also happens to share most of the benefits of the front squat. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's a meme, stop making people lose out on potential gains because you don't like the thought of holding the bar in your elbow crease, it's just another tool to use if you want to activate your muscles in a certain way.

how do neck curls? I wants strong neck. can I make my neck longer too?

You can't make your neck longer, you could theoretically just have really shit traps and make it look longer but idk why you'd want that.

And to neck curl hang your head off the edge of a bench and touch your chin to your collarbones without moving anything but your head

I did when I was at a powerlifting gym 4 years ago. More recently I was doing low bar squats when a DYEL came up and told me my form was wrong. This guy's thighs were the size of my forearms. He demonstrated without the bar - good form for high bar, no good for low bar. I said thanks and just went back to it.

That would fucking do it, I feel for you m8

can I straighten my back more then, to the point where my neck looks longer

Yeah, stand really straight and depress your scapula

Why do you want to make your neck longer?

jefferson deadlifts.

when i go 4 plate since i get red and huge veins pop out of my neck.

One time a bro gave me some good bench technique advice when he was spotting me.

because I have long majestic hair and I feel like it's defeated by the fact that it kinda falls on my shoulders fairly quickly.

Reverse curls never occur to DYELs as a possibility

I always wondered whether or not girls act like dicks to each other for not being exclusively cardiobunnies in the girls' section of the gym

I honestly don't even know if they have any weights over there

That just makes your hair look even longer, a longer neck makes you look smaller, or worse like a giraffe. Stop being dumb.

>Decide today I will go for 1 pl8 OHP
>Feel great, strong, bust out 3x5 with trouble only on the last rep
>continue to do some light lateral raises
>some 50 year old guy DB pressing 10kg tells me my form is off and that if I want to have strong shoulders I should bla bla bla
>literally laugh out loud and continue my workout

Fucking old people, I should probably mention he had a really condescending tone like he was the shit.

>what's the problem with push press??

>using legs in a shoulder exercise

Ask me how I know you don't press and have never pressed before