>USA
>USSR
>China
>Germany
>Britain
Am I missing anyone important?

Attached: coldwar2.gif (600x296, 10K)

France, Israel, Japan

Germany certainly rates being higher, their influence was malign but it was also profound. China was barely significant during the 20th century, it's rise started at the end of the century and it has only entered global significance this century. Likewise, Britain's golden age was the 19th century, it entered the 20th strong but steadily lost power and influence as time passed.
>USA
>USSR
>GERMANY
>BRITAIN
>JAPAN

Super Coalitions:
NATO
Warsaw Pact

Superpowers:
USA
USSR

Great Powers:
Britain
France
Japan
PRC

Regional Powers:
West Germany
Iran
Turkey
India
Australia
Israel

Honorable mentions:
Poland
East Germany
Spain
Vietnam
Egypt
Italy
Spain

Idk why you would treat Germany as two powers, it was unified for most of the 20th century. Also the term superpower was coined to describe the usa, britain, and the ussr, the uk obviously dropped out of the ranks of the superpowers but technically it belong among them.

>Egypt

Was thinking of the Cold War.

Germany was mostly irrelevant after ww2. Yes it grew to be economically dominant over Europe, but in terms of actual influence and power it has been all but subsumed into the EU and NATO.

China really wasn't that influential during the 20th Century. Qing collapse followed by civil war followed by Mao "how is it possible for one man to fuck up this hard" Zedong made the 20th Century probably China's least influential century in all of history.
That being said, I'm hard pressed to think of an alternative to round out the top 5. France or Japan maybe?

As ever and always, Sp*icksico. The mere existance of the Eternal B**ner deadens the rest of humanity to true enlightenment, psychospiritual advancement, general health, olfactory pleasure, and technological advancement. Without the S*pick, we'd have colonized the galaxy by now.

You should have let me finish the job

Attached: Vera Cruz.jpg (861x1083, 478K)

France is a maybe, but I think Japan had more influence. Not only in its intervention in the Chinese civil war, which saved Mao and his gommies and paved the way for the communist victory, but also in terms of their remarkable economic and cultural power during the 70's and 80's. France was a spent force in the 20th century, after a spirited show in ww1 it was all downhill.

Japan definitely, they really started throwing their weight around in the 20th century. I think what they pulled in WW2 alone would make them top 10 at least.

>no mention of Iraq in regional powers when it took 30 combined nations to stop Saddam from conquering the mid east in the Gulf War

>necessary and sufficient are the same thing.

Iraq doesn't belong on a top ten list but it was not irrelevant, not only the Gulf Wars but also the Iran-Iraq conflict both had widespread repercussions.

We should have sent you to the gallows.

Wouldn't the British Empire be a superpower too?

Cuba should figure under honorable mentions (it was the headquarters of the communist movement in Latin America)

>USA
>USSR
>France/Germany
>Britain

>Spain is so powerful it gets mentioned twice

No mention of
>Switzerland
>Sweden
>Yugoslavia
>Argentina
>Canada (If you are putting Australia...)
>Brazil
>South Africa
>Saudi Arabia
>Pakistan

>China really wasn't that influential during the 20th Century.
Early half? Sure. Latter half? Not really.

China's Maoism - which was super-attractive to unindustrialized, highly agrarian, ex-colonial, Communist countries (i.e. pretty much A LOT of Communist Asia/Africa), and its split from the USSR bifurcated the Communist World.

Attached: Cold War.gif (1000x723, 224K)

>20th century
Great Britain
USSR
Germany
USA
Japan

>21st century
USA
China
Russia
EU
India (maybe?)

20th Century
USA
USSR

21st Century
USA
China
Russia

That's something Huerta would say

Attached: Mexico had it coming.jpg (824x894, 162K)

That's something any liberty loving American says.

>eygpt
>not a regional power in the middle east in the 20th century
if you're gonna put australia turkey poland and fucking Vietnam why not eygpt?