"And we're gonna win!"

>"And we're gonna win!"

Attached: LBJ.jpg (924x1228, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbo.gov/sites/default/files/110th-congress-2007-2008/reports/12-6-immigration.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>This bill that we will sign today is not a revolutionary bill. It does not affect the lives of millions. It will not reshape the structure of our daily lives, or really add importantly to either our wealth or our power.

Attached: B2389E7D-2720-4DF4-876C-365A6AC04CD6.png (420x430, 15K)

Retrospectively he probably is the worst American president. I wonder if he had any idea his decision would ultimately lead to the downfall of the country.

The only thing LBJ ever gave a fuck about was getting more voters for his party, he didn't care about the consequences for the US.
He was a legitimately evil sociopath.

I dunno. you don't try to get more vote for your party just for the sake of it, especially if there is nothing in it for yourself since your political career has already reached the top. You try to get more votes for your party because you think its policies are more able to contribute to the future of the country. Maybe he was just misguided or weak and under the influence of men that still had their political careers before them.

Johnson didn't come up with the act, it was Northern Democrats

I've never seen the issue with this bill. It basically opened immigration for the US beyond Europe. I'm a white guy from Africa who got accepted here on a work visa and became a citizen. Why should that opportunity be closed to someone else based on their race? I've always appreciated America's rather meritocratic approach to immigration. Restricting immigrants based on their race instead of their merit undercuts that.

Additionally, America continues to attract top talent from around the world. The average African immigrant to America has twice the rate of college education than the average white American and that's ignoring the rest of the world. You'd be cutting out a tremendous portion of highly skilled workers from your workforce.

We are importing an underclass, is the problem. Anecdotal evidence to the contrary notwithstanding. When you import an unassimilable underclass, a supermajority of which gets gibs and which is overrepresented in crime statistics, you should expect trouble. We are finding that out now.

Where did I post anecdotal evidence?

>I'm a white guy from Africa who got accepted here on a work visa and became a citizen
Hence YOU are going to love that bill because it directly benifits you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the legal immigrants generally outperform the natives?

From my understanding it's the illegal immigrants and their children (who get birthright citizenship) that are creating an underclass.

no posts about Vietnam, only about "muh shitskin invasion"

Both are related to LBJ being a shithead.

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the legal immigrants generally outperform the natives?
No, legal immigrants are part of the imported underclass. The gibs given legal immigrants are massive.

cbo.gov/sites/default/files/110th-congress-2007-2008/reports/12-6-immigration.pdf

>Over the past two decades, most efforts to estimate the fiscal impact of immigration in the United States have concluded that, in aggregate and over the long term, tax revenues of all types generated by immigrant
—both legal and unauthorized—exceed the cost of the services they use

Incorrect.

>These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.
He knew exactly what he was doing

Sorry, no, the CBO isn't a valid source for that data. They're the same dolts who told us ObamaCare would pay for itself, remember.

Try Numbers USA or any other valid data analysis. The imported underclass is simply a net loser. You should add people who can contribute, and not the underclass.

>NumbersUSA Education and Research Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan immigration-reduction organization.

I'm sensing a bias.

That's amusing, as you're sourcing the bought-off CBO.

lmao

How exactly are they bought out?

Besides, I think I'd give the CBO would be a bit less biased than an organization that explicitly says they're for immigration restriction. Additionally, that report was from December 2007, during the Bush administration, not the Obama administration.

You're really asking how the US Congress is bought out, lad? Are you dumb or are you acting dumb?

All Washington politicians are biased and paid to be so. And best leave aside this R/D masturbation you appear to be doing. Those names and about every other in D.C. are open borders. If you have data unassociated with that crew, it might be worth reviewing. What you've provided is garbage, bought and paid for.