I've been reading up on medieval african armies they're pretty interesting quilted armor unique swords poisoned and...

I've been reading up on medieval african armies they're pretty interesting quilted armor unique swords poisoned and flaming arrows

Attached: 3.jpg (800x499, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_West_Africa
web.prm.ox.ac.uk/weapons/index.php/tour-by-region/africa/africa/arms-and-armour-africa-8/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Quilted armor isn't that interesting.

It was what the majority of soldiers in every part of the world was wearing during the middle ages.

I assume that by "medieval" you mean any African army until the 1880s colonization by Europeans since Sub-Saharan African didn't evolve between Antiquity (or arguably Neolithic era) and European arrival

>didn't evolve between Antiquity (or arguably Neolithic era) and European arrival

Attached: 1520111814787.png (625x626, 16K)

>civilization is part of an evolutionary system
Imagine being a brainlet

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_West_Africa

Could you post some pics then I want non European armor thread

African history is actually interesting. It's just that it's impossible to discuss this shit here due to /pol/tards and people false-flagging as /pol/tards.

Congolese exicution sword

Attached: 2662m-151170-29-african-tribal-art-weapon.jpg (1000x1000, 79K)

>and your OTHER head

Pretty much all the threads get over run with /pol/ and stormfagg shit post like such

>anyone who disagree with me is /pol/

This is a psyop at this point, a sudden influx of pro-african history aka nigger loving threads to slowly make people like blacks.

I could put on a leather vest & jacket and be better protected than they would be

Attached: E9CDBFB3-85A4-4BA6-B8F9-CD49CF6FCB24.jpg (640x480, 69K)

Elite sword from west africa

Attached: 1520812293950.jpg (141x622, 10K)

Or it could just be used to counter
Hurry hurry niggers is dumb
They got no civilization

Attached: Ife crowned heads.jpg (750x562, 56K)

Well, it sure isn't effective
African history is objectively so subpar that these threads wanking about it on Veeky Forums among threads about real history make it seems like someone put some teenager's fanfiction in a library full of great authors masterpieces

No not really it was arrow and musket proof the only way to cut it would be up close with a sword

Attached: 2.jpg (588x1000, 240K)

Then why so triggered by it

Attached: 200px-Rytter_fra_Bagirmi.jpg (200x275, 20K)

Attached: download (1).jpg (182x277, 13K)

Well my friend, they have to get you first with that big sword. Unwieldy,heavy,hard on the hands without gloves.. Give me a short stabbing sword & a dirk or another similar killer like a axe. Tough being the big man. Take them out, one at a time. Pic related,hidden in the leaves,dirt, lawn.

Attached: C7D99A35-AD35-4511-B886-6E503B30A86C.jpg (640x480, 65K)

If you're wearing heavy armor you'd from a heat stroke first under the hot african sun

Attached: 4.jpg (1000x666, 195K)

Attached: 278438c2c2d2a37241f47505b2ee57df.jpg (486x640, 220K)

This doesn’t seem to frighten me a lot.

Stormniggers ruin everything. And we all need to call them that more. StormNIGGERS, cuz that's all they are: niggrers. All they do is complain about 'muh jews' like the niggers bitch about whitey, and all they do is be ignorant and violent and are a burden on society. They are irl niggers and should always be reminded of that fact.

I can buy quilts stopping arrows but there's no way that shit would stop muskets

No Armour for me. Short sword & maybe some throwing knives

That looks like some badass fantasy tier sword. Wonder what it'd be like watching some wield it irl..

they aren't medieval for fuck sake it's a photograph brainlet.

if you're thinking of the ancient Malians, they didn't have quilted army and were mostly archers pic related.

Attached: Djenne_Terracotta_Archer_(13th-15th_cent).jpg (152x300, 32K)

This sword is anime tier

Attached: download (9).jpg (277x182, 5K)

Malians wore fabric padding as a former of armor

Attached: 304af51640b14abe85eb296267def6b4.jpg (220x416, 20K)

>they aren't medieval for fuck sake it's a photograph brainlet.

Africa remained medieval long after the invention of photograhy tho

He's not wrong

after coming in contact with the Tuareg. before that like during the time of Mansa Musa they didn't look Islamic.

Know it was during the transaharan trade did the adopt Calvary etc the clothing Is just standard desert atire

they adopted Islamic clothing i think mainly from Tuareg i think.
before that they mainly got around barely clothed.

Attached: c1ff887222e4674701afae60ea198fa1.jpg (530x1024, 97K)

cavalry was probably brought to west Africa by the Nilo Saharan people's like the Hausa and Fulani.

I have one thing to say:

We once happened to be monarchs and such

>quilted armor
Nearly every medieval army had quilted armor, look at the Aztecs. Its just that most medieval armies had steel, lacquer or leather armor as well.
>flaming arrows
kek. How the fuck would that even work?

>how would that work

Attached: -cage-fire-head-medieval-style-arrowhead-9931-p.jpg (976x836, 195K)

send me 1, one, uno, 一つ, picture of someone shooting that. Not only would you burn your fingers trying to aim it, the fire would immediately go out the moment its being shot.

Attached: Where's the heat.jpg (760x471, 43K)

Quilted armour is way better than leather armour, which is almost useless.
Guess why no one used leather and everyone used quilted armour

that isn't medieval...its a photograph. They're LARPing as european knights you brainlet

This entire thread is bait and everyone in it is baiting

Read "Warfare in Atlantic Africa" by John Thonrton

Attached: images.jpg (600x800, 53K)

No, even if the photo are recent, Kano cavalry existed in the past, they are not "LARPing as european knights"

>there are written sources on some of them that give us some idea of what some of their soldiers were wearing. The Kano Chronicle, for example, mentions that around 1400 AD the ruling sarki (king) of Kano started using metal helmets and mail armor for his soldiers. So presumably, they were not using mail before then. There is a surviving mail shirt from Kano, probably from a later date, in the collection of the Pitt Rivers museum in Britain, and it most likely does derive from trade with the Maghreb:

web.prm.ox.ac.uk/weapons/index.php/tour-by-region/africa/africa/arms-and-armour-africa-8/index.html