ITT: Religions you didn't know were still around

>Samaritans

Attached: IMG_2556.jpg (612x408, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beliefs_and_practices_of_The_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-day_Saints
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans
abc.net.au/news/2018-03-11/online-dating-is-saving-ancient-zoroastrian-religion/9513136
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's pr cool

Not for long

I always thought they were wiped out by Alexander and the Muslims.

Attached: zoroastrianism04.jpg (890x790, 90K)

Is Tengri still a thing?

for a second i read that as sarmatians

Who were right? Samaritans or Jews?

Norse paganism

Attached: norse.jpg (810x540, 95K)

As in actual Norse paganism and not stormkiddie white pride LARPing.

I was surprised that Zoroastrians still exist.

>Samaritans
Not for long, there's only 700 or so left.

Probably the Samaritans because unlike the Jews they didn't go through periods of exile where their religion changed and incorporate newer ideas.

Neo-Pagans don't still exist, they exist again. There's no continuity between the two.

Why

Only 700 left, many are marrying into Jewish families or straight up converting to Judaism.

There is a continuity, modern Icelanders still believe in the pagan magical creatures their ancestors believed in. Some of them just recently decided to drop the Jesus part.

Believing in folk creatures and worshiping pagan gods are two completely different things.
Unless Icelanders believed in Thor and Odin as well as Jesus, then neopagans have no continuity.

Yeah in russian federation mostly, there are turks who never converted to islam

That is just larping...

Why do they dress like turk?

probably because they are middle easterners. The all white tunics remind me more of Zoroastrians.
But the fez is pretty Turkish.

The Mandaeans or Sabians are probably the only remaining ancient gnostic sect in existence.

Attached: IMG_2567.jpg (620x372, 58K)

Better, religions that should not be arround

How are mormons a worldwide religion?

That shit is a cult

Graeco-Roman paganism

Attached: 6716ed1e96e1d1443ea05f0ce4c24b03.png (2000x2712, 1.12M)

>wiped out by Alexander
The fuck are you talking about?

> a continuity
No, there's not.

JW is scarier since they still very much practice ostracism like Scientology and other dangerous cults. They are also a doomsday cult.

Mormons are weird, but ultimately harmless (nowadays).

>Zoroastrians still exist.

Not to mention that it's claimed that the Yazd Atash Behram fire temple has had it's fire going continuously since 470 A.D. Pretty crazy if true.

Attached: zoroastrianism.jpg (650x375, 53K)

Scientology is worse, that Sea Org shit must be the most obvious brainwashing in existance

Yep and their traditional language is an eastern Aramaic one relative to Syriac which although not as much as Mandaic, also has relatively sparse use at the present. Also related are Jewish Babylonian Aramaic and modern Jewish Aramaic dialects.

Duh cultural and political hegemonies and their ability to project their culture beyond what others can. It's been the literal case throughout the entirety of history. It's why you don't see obscure animist religions proselytizing anywhere.

>Yazidism

Attached: IMG_2568.png (637x399, 725K)

I get what you're saying but it's still odd to think about, considering that Mormonism has been on the literal borderlands of American culture and politics

Inshallah

t. never had any contact with them

Normal mormons are pretty cool people. Incredibly friendly and never pushy.
It’s the deviations from the main church that you should be aware of.

being a christian nowadays is larping too. Why not just let people do what they want?

>I don't believe in a God so no one else does

Neo-paganism is not old school paganism. It's not a continuation but a revival wherein modern people try to rediscover extinct practices and/or just make their own.

For fuck sake mang.

I don't believe in a single God but many.

How so christianity never died and there is an unbroken spiritual chain all the way from rome.

t. brainlet

t. never read into how batshit mormon theology is
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beliefs_and_practices_of_The_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-day_Saints

>Mormons are weird, but ultimately harmless
You've been tricked.

>marrying into Jewish families

It is such a shame to see my fellow E-M78 Hebrews mongrelizing with you Eurokikes. Hopefully Palestinian Hebrews will slaughter you and take back their land.

They were wiped out by not allowing converts and being elitist as fuck.

>Hurr durr theology
Mormons and JWs tend to be MUCH more pious than mainstream Christians and tend to be better people overall, it's actually sad that society is still full of fearmongering retards thinking they are some kind of satanic cult that will backstab anyone who gets close to them.

>>Hurr durr theology
Do you realize where you are?

This. It's reconstructed based on little information. No way to actual practice the same way the norse pagans did, as no information or written sources were recorded on how they practiced

>why not just let people do what they want
We do? It’s not like you’re restricted from doing it. The vast majority of people just think it’s retarded. And it’s pretty stupid to try and revive an oral tradition with very few surviving texts.

Also to follow up on this, the closest idea of how it might have looked is the survival of Scandinavian paganism up until the early 20th century. I forget what country it was.

No.

none of those people honestly believe in a god named Odin. they don't pray alone at night talking to "Odin". they don't have real faith. it's all just larping. they're all atheists at the end of the day.

The history of Mormonism is heavily based on survival even despite being pushed from one state to another then traveling a long distance in shit conditions to Deseret where they lived mostly isolated for a good amount of time. Even if someone stops believing in the religion they'll probably still keep going to church since it's so ingrained in their culture and most tend not to disagree with the social benefits to it that much. Not to mention they pump out tons of kids so even if one or two leave the faith the majority will stay, grow up, and have kids to repeat the process. The church will definitely lose power over time but I don't see it actually dying anytime soon.

It's just ethnic nationalism, but they've realized they have no ethnic religion and like LARPing like they do.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

On a manchild board dedicated to a serious discussion of Adolf Hitler, WW1 what ifs and Holocaust?

They're both wrong. the Jews innovated their religion during the exile and thus broke their covenant with God, the Samaritans are only Jewish on the male line, and that doesn't count, so they are gentiles, and gentiles who keep the Mosaic laws are blasphemers who must die.

Assuming they ARE gnostic, their publicly known theology is pretty conventional dualism.

>tfw no Zoroastrian qt

>the Samaritans are only Jewish on the male line
How so? Did the Samaritans marry a bunch of Assyrian settlers?

>the Samaritans are only Jewish on the male line
They are Hebrew on the male line*

>and that doesn't count,
Only the matriarchal wh*toid subhumans know as kikes care about women.

Hebraity is transmited from father to son as proven by the numerous male-based geneaologies in the Bible :)

Attached: Jews are not Israelites.png (2032x1840, 1.05M)

Yes. The Assyrians set up a colony in Judea, and for some reason it didn't work and they fell on hard times, so the women left the Assyrians and moved in with the local Jews. The women weren't Assyrians tho, they came from somewhere in what is now Syria.

Seek help.

You should follow your own advice, gypsie

DNA already refuted your claims, and the entire planet considers you as larpers at best or mongrels at worst.

Attached: main-qimg-30ea4657d6ecc8eb116df25cf0071bae-c.jpg (590x393, 36K)

And so what? At worst askhenazim are descendent from large scale converts, nothing wrong with that.

What gives them claim to Israel, and why is that claim stronger than the native peoples there? Israel would argue that the Ashkhenazim were from the Levant and are simply returning (although privately they might say its because God gave them that land).

Some of them do worship them as actual deities, others view and worship the gods as fundamental concepts rather than the actual thing while some just do it for the larpyness.
There're also those who just do it for the spiritual aspects. The actual existance of the entities being prayed to are for them irrelevant as they are in it for the rituals and the spiritual experience.

Ethno-nationalism is only an explaination for a portion of Pagans.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans
>Genetically, modern Samaritan populations are found to have "much greater affinity" genetically to Jews than to neighbouring Palestinian Arabs.[17] This suggests that the Samaritans remained a genetically isolated population.[17]

This kills the Arab

Attached: Samaritans_on_Mount_Gerizim,_West_Bank_-_20060429.jpg (1545x1024, 429K)

They still have some pagan traditions in Iceland. They divert freewas around rocks where elves are supposed to live, and last decade some guy put up one of these bad boys to curse his neighbor who ran over his dog.

Attached: FDD5591F-B648-4C1A-BAB1-2FC20940B572.gif (126x400, 9K)

Some remaining pagan traditions doesn't equate to an unbroken chain of ancient paganism.
Just because you set out porridge to santa and decorate a tree for yule doesn't mean that you know how the pagans performed most of their rituals. Hell, we're not even sure what really happened at the temple of Uppsala.

>vast majority of people
from what i've seen, it's mostly americans on the internet

Plenty in Australia
abc.net.au/news/2018-03-11/online-dating-is-saving-ancient-zoroastrian-religion/9513136

subtle kek

Gnosticism and dualism aren't opposed

Israel and the not-jew Talmudists successfully wiped them out.

Attached: z13.gif (553x477, 9K)

The Bible is also full of hate and racism

You realise that only one samaritan line belongs to the e1b haplogroup, the other lines are j1/j2?

Your e-m78 theory is stupid.

>Mormons are weird, but ultimately harmless (nowadays).
Every Mormon temple has a D.U.M.B. beneath it.

>mfw kikes deleted my post
Kikes are mongrels, i repeat Kikes are mongrels.

>one samaritan line
Samaritan Cohanim aka the purest Hebrews :)

Also, Palestinian Christians are mainly E1b1b too :)

>the other lines are j1/j2?
These are Canaanites.

Attached: Jews are not Israelites.png (2032x1840, 1.05M)

Ashkenazi are mainly E1b1b and J2/J1 too.

>Irano-Turko-Slavic hypothesis
>Based on neolithic samples where people living in Turkey or Iran were different than people living there today
Okay? No wonder no one takes this fraud seriously.

More gnostic religion nowdays:

Druzes

Attached: druzes.jpg (609x343, 39K)

And Alawites

Attached: assads alawites.jpg (680x450, 155K)

What about Yazidis? Any good photos/info?

>Ashkenazi
They carry little ammount of Natufian admixture unlike Palestinians.

Attached: K14.png (782x1046, 33K)

>pure races
No such thing.

>Corded Ware
>pure EHG
What? Which sample is that?

>>vast majority of people
>from what i've seen, it's mostly americans on the internet
You will not find a single person on the streets anywhere in the world who doesn't think neopaganism is anything but dumb LARPing.

In Iceland it's pretty mainstream these days.

DNA says otherwise :)

>Norse paganism

gay

And you will not find anyone on the streets in sweden who think that christianity is anything but childish nonsense.
That has no bearing on the fact that some people actually believe in the trinity.

One, Sweden is a specific example, and your numbers are likely far more off than mine are, and two, I never said anything about belief. I just responded to that OBSESSED poster who seriously thinks that the only people who think neopaganism is ridiculous are Americans on the internet.

If you don't care whether or not the entity you're "praying" to exists or not, you're ultimately worshipping yourself. If you're looking for a spiritual "experience" but you don't have a belief in the existence of what you profess, you're just looking for an experience that ultimately comes from yourself.

Only transcendent religion, outside the self, is worthwhile. Anything else is fancy atheism.

And I just highlighted that you don't need to go full hyperbole to make your point.

>If you don't care whether or not the entity you're "praying" to exists or not, you're ultimately worshipping yourself. If you're looking for a spiritual "experience" but you don't have a belief in the existence of what you profess, you're just looking for an experience that ultimately comes from yourself.

So what?

Reminder you are all discussing with a schizophrenic French-Moroccan halfblood.

>obsessed
I made _one_ post.

nice meme

My friend Firozah is of Persian origin and her mother is Jewish and her father is Zoroastrian. Their celebrations are really cool.