The Proto Indo Europeans

What do you think the PIE people were like? Did they have functioning kingdoms and cities or were they just a big gigantic tribe at one point?

Attached: swastika-3.jpg (600x402, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2017/07/17/164400.full.pdf
biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2017/03/03/113241.full.pdf
researchgate.net/publication/24433901_Ancient_DNA_provides_new_insights_into_the_history_of_South_Siberian_Kurgan_people
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Swastika is older than PIE.

>kingdoms and cities
They didn't have cities or even bigger settlements. They were very mobile nomads and pastoralists. Similar to other nomads they probably lived in small tribes.

>Did they have functioning kingdoms
certainly not
>or were they just a big gigantic tribe at one point?
probably not. They were probably ethnically/linguistically related tribes. I don't think any real large scale social structure existed before the bronze age.

>What do you think the PIE people were like?
Proto Mongols/Turks. Barbarians on horses living in yurts, attacking sedentary farmers and kidnapping their women.

They were notoriously tent-dwelling savages

My bad about the swastika, I assumed since it's found a lot in Europe/Eurasia that swastika = Indo-European, but upon further investigation I've clearly been mistaken.

Its a simple geometric shape found all over the world. But its often associated with the Indo-Europeans, and being an important symbol for many of them through the ages. There's nothing wrong with your pic.

Japan's national symbol is a red circle, you can find red circles pre-dating any nation on the Japanese islands. But that doesn't mean a red circle isn't a Japanese symbol.

>implying tent-dwelling savage life isn't best life
Beta boi

Technically the oldest swastika was found in Ukraine, which later became the urheimat of Proto-Indo-Europeans. But it's unlikely it was used as an important symbol back then. This is the swastika in question.

Attached: mezin_swastika.jpg (506x370, 41K)

This is bracelet from the same site. Similar spirals, but no swastikas. It's rather obvious that this "swastika" was created "incidentally".

Attached: mezinbracelet.jpg (850x836, 117K)

hi jew

Hi, idiot.

The oldest swastika used as a symbol comes from Vinca culture.

I knew the rumours of nazi time travel were true. In your face conspiracy unbelievers.

The Indo-European theory has been debunked. Truth is that Sankrit is one of the oldest languages within the family, they came from India and spread to Europe. We need more research against the current eurocentrism that is holding the grip of academia today.

wrong. genetics have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the yamnaya from the pontic steppe spread indo-european languages

Attached: nihms801601f7.jpg (551x750, 102K)

That is eurocentric research, they have an obvious bias.

What's the chart about?
I don't doubt that indoeuropeans come from the steppe but posting a random graph you don'tuse to support your claims and cutting out the explanation just shows youremotional investment in this debate

>out of india theory

Attached: 1347866184323.png (326x326, 171K)

blonde nordo-germanisch aryans :)

If it looks 'random' to you, I think you don't know enough about the subject to discuss it in a meaningful manner.

If the swastika isn't endemic of PIE then why do they have it , where did they picked it from? First proto-swastika being found in ukraine is pretty big to me.

It doesn't explain the strong pressence of it in indo-asia but still. That's probably one of the biggest autism puzzle pieces, why does the swastika goes all the way from the farest asia to the celtic peoples, what do they have in common, what did they mean by this. It drives me insane.

Attached: Bhimarjuna-Ancient-Swastika-Coin[1].jpg (1317x618, 82K)

>Norwegians have the most Yamnaya genes

So I'm actually a Slav?

It's outdated. It turns out there lived people related to PIE in Norway since the ice age ended.
Norwegians probably just got an extra dose of local ancestry which is more similar to Yamna.

Considering the oldest swastikas were found in non-IE cultures it was very likely independently created by many different cultures.

Noah's ark landed on the mountains of Ararat (modern day Turkey).

Recent scientific evidence has shown that the "Out-of-Africa" theory is complete rubbish and not true. The ME is the cradle of civilization for a reason, it's where people settled after the flood.

A. Four Sons of Ham:
1. Mizraim (Egypt)
2. Cush (Sudan, Ethiopia)
3. Put (Lybia)
4. Canaan (Hivites, Jebusites, Arvadites, Girgashites, Amorites, Arkites, Sinites, Hittites,
Sidonians, Perizzites, Zemarites)

B. Five Sons of Shem:
1. Elam (Arabia)
2. Asshur (Assyria)
3. Lud (Lydians)
4. Aram (Aramaic, Armenia, Mesopotamia, Syria)
5. Arphaxad (From which Abraham descended)

C. Japheth's Descendants (14 Nations came out of Japheth):
The immediate descendants of Japheth were seven in number, and are represented by the nations designated Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Mesech, and Tiras; or, roughly, the Armenians, Lydians, Medes, Greeks, Tibarenians, and Moschians, the last, Tiras, remaining still obscure. The sons of Gomer (Ashkenaz, Riphath and Togarmah) were all settled in the West Asian tract; while the sons of Javan (Elisah, Tarshish, Kittim and Dodanim or Rodanim) occupied the Mediterranean coast and the adjacent islands.

Seven Sons of Japheth
1. Javan (Greece, Romans, Romance -- French, Italians, Spanish, Portuguese)
2. Magog (Scythians, Slavs, Russians, Bulgarians, Bohemians, Poles, Slovaks, Croatians)
3. Madai (Indians & Iranic: Medes, Persians, Afghans, Kurds)
4. Tubal (South of Black Sea)
5. Tiras (Thracians, Teutons, Germans, Scandinavian, Anglo-Saxon, Jutes)
6. Meshech (Russia)
7. Gomer (Celtic)

man I just don't have the energy to argue with indians who will ignore everything that doesn't conform to their view. it's as draining as arguing with /pol/
the graph is autosomal dna results from both modern europeans and ancient skeletons. blue shows native hunter gatherers, orange shows the people who spread agriculture into europe, and green shows the proto-indo europeans
going from the bottom, starcevo shows the first farming culture in the balkans from around 6,000bc, lbkt is the first farming culture in central europe from around 5,000bc, jumping up to iceman shows us the dna of the famous otzi the iceman from northern italy around 3,300bc, corded ware shows us the major spread of the yamnaya from what's now modern ukraine into northern europe around 2,800bc and mixing with the people already there, while unetice shows us the people who were in the same area around 1,000 years later
their descendants pretty quickly started to look like that, but the yamnaya were overwhelmingly brown eyed and haired with skin a bit darker than modern europeans. they were also mostly lactose intolerant

bu the first one was found in ukraine and the second wan somewhere yamna or something similar?

>It turns out there lived people related to PIE in Norway since the ice age ended.

That's what I've heard too. Apparently there's a lot of archeological evidence from the west coast of Norway saying there were people here like 8000 years ago.

It’s found in many non IE cultures too

No, the oldest one is this one It's barely a swastika, see They just liked spirals.

The next oldest one came from Vinca (Serbia), a culture created by Anatolian farmers. Another one is from Samarra bowl (Iraq) (don't confuse it with Samara culture, which was very likely related to PIE).

>their descendants pretty quickly started to look like that
more like a small subset
also werent the yamnaya blue eyed and arab tier dark-skinned?

Blue eyes are not from the steppe.
They had mixed pigmentation but were light compared to pretty much everyone around at the time except their cousins living in northern Scandinavia.

Because if Indians were discover that the people who introduced their language, traditions and religions were nothing like them. It would tear their psychological fulfilment of connecting with the ancestors in such a way that they experience a mental breakdown.

>Frantic head bobbing intensifies

yes, vinca it was iirc, I get so hype, do you think there was a connection between amarran people and PIE at least at some point so they could have shared the symbol?

exactly, what does it mean, why did they share it? it's like it was some sort of coin that was valued for each and every culture so it was kept. Except it was no coin and it simboliced something powerful and mysterious. Why would they share it and hold it as theirs. Why woudl they link their culture to it, like some sort of common trait between different cultures.

>except their cousins living in northern Scandinavia
would that be the sami or whatever population contributed their dna?
also
any recommended reading on prehistoric genetics?
i really want to get prehistory cleared up before i buy into /pol/tard propaganda

I think you romanticize this symbol too much. Originally it probably didn't mean much.

Sami are a metal age intrusion with some local admixture. They can be up 40% Siberian although most about half that. This Siberian component was at least magnitudes smaller in the mesolithic population if not zero.
Here's a few relevant PDFs
biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2017/07/17/164400.full.pdf
biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2017/03/03/113241.full.pdf

I sure do, because pic related

Attached: Swastika+worldmap[1].jpg (1600x1120, 404K)

mandatory
2/3

Attached: swastika-map[1].gif (600x365, 73K)

Well considering the Yamnaya had contact with the Cucuteni–Trypillia culture and some of them even had mixed blood with them, there is a chance that their art was eventually passed on to the Vinca people as well. But that is just a speculation of course.

3/3

Attached: d6aaf-bigdipperstarsconstellationcosmosswastikaspiritualpunxswazibigdipperstarsconstellationcosmossw (1000x1000, 268K)

Okay guys, this sounds a little bit crazy but I would like to make a point here. So, we have found the earliest example of a swastika in the Ukraine right? Well, the people then were probably not Yamnaya back then but were still more primitive groups. As you can see on the map that one user posted below, the swastika is spread throughout Eurasia AND the Americas. What do these people have in common?

The Northern Eurasian ancestors, so perhaps the swastika could come from our common ancestors that lived many thousands of years ago, before distance, time and genetic drift set us apart from each other.

Attached: ancient north eurasians.png (940x708, 330K)

Vinca is older than Cucuteni-Trypillia.

>The Swastika: The Earliest Known Symbol
It's not the earliest symbol. Paleolithic Hunter-Gatherers were obsessed with dicks and pussies and they painted them everywhere.

I'm not part of the discussion. If you can't explain the chart why should anything you post be taken seriously?

no, those were the pre-agriculture hunter gatherers of europe. two light skin pigmentation mutations happened before europeans split off from asians, so our hunter gatherer ancestors 10,000+ years ago wouldn't have been sub-saharan black, but they did have much darker skin than we'd imagine. /pol/ will often screech at that and say "but the ice age, they had to have been white" while ignoring the fact that hunter gatherers ate a lot of fish, and fish is one of the few foods high in vitamin d. the most major light skin pigmentation we have came from the neolithic farmers who spread from anatolia. it's not perfect to look at modern populations and assume ancient people looked like them, but modern sardinians are the most genetically similar to those ancient neolithic farmers. then the yamnaya brought another light skin pigmentation, and all of those combined (not sure if there's been any more since 3,000bc to be honest) create huwhiteness.

also to your small subset comment and also expanding on my little remark about phenotypes changing without genetics changing
researchgate.net/publication/24433901_Ancient_DNA_provides_new_insights_into_the_history_of_South_Siberian_Kurgan_people
>Our results also confirm that at the Bronze and Iron Ages, south Siberia was a region of overwhelmingly predominant European settlement, suggesting an eastward migration of Kurgan people across the Russo-Kazakh steppe. Finally, our data indicate that at the Bronze and Iron Age timeframe, south Siberians were blue (or green)-eyed, fair-skinned and light-haired people and that they might have played a role in the early development of the Tarim Basin civilization.
those are the descendants of the yamnaya who went eastward. if you look elsewhere in that paper you'll see "bronze age south siberia" means the andronovo culture from around 2,000bc. not only are they the most likely candidate for the caucasian tarim mummies, but also for being the spreaders of indo-iranian

I don't believe the Mezine swastika is intentional. Spirals like that are carved on most of their artifacts.
They didn't find any swastikas in Mal'ta-Buret culture (ANE).

/thread

This isn't how the sky looksyou tryhard sperg
get a life

>Noah's ark landed on the mountains of Ararat
Oh boy...

>he most major light skin pigmentation we have came from the neolithic farmers who spread from anatolia
Nope. It was already present in Europe east of Poland and Scandinavia, who were genetically related to these HG populations east of Poland.
This Ukrainian HG1 from 10000 years ago had SLC24A5 and SLC45A2. He was a pale guy most likely.
Anatolian farmers were only brown like MENA people typically are. Maybe they were indeed lighter than the darker brown natives in Poland and western Europe but Yamna and Sredny-Stog would also have contributed to modern European pigmentation. It's dishonest to say any Europeans except Sardinians are light brown because of Anatolians and I'm not 100% sure on Sardinians either.

Attached: slc.jpg (599x286, 49K)

They were Nordics :)

Attached: Indoeuropean reconstruction vs. modern Nordic.png (732x358, 226K)

This.
Blond hair is EHG Nordic gene, this is why Andronovo people (who BTFO the swarthy races in India and Persia) were predominantly light hair :)

Yamnaya were swarthoids. Funnelbeakers were the original Nordics :)

>Funnelbeakers were the original Nordics :)
Those from Sweden maybe, because they were actually EHGs...

Andronovans were only light because Shitskin Ware had mixed with Central European farmers :) Nice try though.

>Andronovo
>EHG
You sure doesn't care about chronology, do you? EHG lived 4000-5000 years before Andronovo, and Andronovo people were already mixed with farmers, Yamna and everyone else.

Doesn't change the fact that PIEs were darkoids

Nah, they were EHG Nordics, this is why they managed to BTFO the swarthy races :)
They were EHG just like Cordeds.
Nope, they were Nordics.

They only defeated a few troglodyte farmers living in the frozen regions of Europe

beware of the nordics :) thread derailer

Proto-Indo-Germanic phontype = Narrow and dolicho or mesocephalic skull, Narrow or Medium face, Narrow nose, tall stature, blond red or brown hair, blue gray or green eyes.

Attached: Arbeitsdienstmänner_von_Erna_Lendvai-Dircksen.jpg (944x1302, 288K)

Andronovo people BTFO harappans and elamites, because they were racially superior Nordics :)

>Nah, they were EHG Nordics, this is why they managed to BTFO the swarthy races :)
I never said that Andronovo wasn't Nordic. What I did say is that it was only Nordic because of mixing with Central European pre-IEs.

>Nope, they were Nordics.
Nope, they were darkoids. Yamnaya, Corded Ware, Bell Beaker, Afanasievo and Poltavka were all predominantly dark-haired and brown-eyed. Only those later cultures that had mixed with non-IE Europeans were light :)

Cordeds weren't EHG, you fucking idiot. Cordeds lived thousand years after EHG, they also clearly mixed with Yamna because most of them had CHG ancestry.

Proud Funnelbeaker man :)

>brown hair
There were no shithair among PIEs(Nordic)

Harappans had already collapsed, Elamites had just been genocided by Assyrians

Harappan civilization collapsed before the Indo-Aryans arrived.

>I never said that Andronovo wasn't Nordic. What I did say is that it was only Nordic because of mixing with Central European pre-IEs.
So you think that literal Aryans were less Indo-Germanic than some mongrels from Caucasus? Yea, really made me think...
They were about 50-75% EHG, and racially Nordic (especially in Silesia where they had cephalic index 70,9)
Nope, m*Dshits missed most of these traits, only dolichocephalic skulls with narrow face and nose are common...
If so, then they were too subhuman to maintain it and needed the Nordic man to rule them :)

>They were about 50-75% EHG
Where did you get that from? They were EHG+EEF+CHG, clearly showing Yamna ancestry.

>So you think that literal Aryans were less Indo-Germanic than some mongrels from Caucasus? Yea, really made me think
Ironic considering that PIEs were literally EHG-CHG mutts. PIEs were Caucasus mongrels, not Funnelbeaker Nordics :)

>Nope, m*Dshits missed most of these traits
Funnelbeaker was predominantly blonde-haired and blue-eyed, and even LBK was more blue-eyed than early IEs.

>clearly showing Yamna ancestry.
So R1b-Z2103 magically changed into R1a-M173?

Yea, made me think again...

>Ironic considering that PIEs were literally EHG-CHG mutts.
No, only EHG. Maybe Yamniks were EHG-CHG mutts, not PIE.
>Funnelbeaker was predominantly blonde-haired and blue-eyed
In Sweden, because they were almost no m*Dshit migrants there... They were just EHG descendants.

We already know that Yamnaya was not directly ancestral to Shitskin Ware. However, we can still conclude that their ancestral culture was a darkoid one like Yamnaya (and literally every other early IE culture), since Shitskin Ware was darker-haired and browner-eyed than their predecessors.

Hey, could you not use this words like "Yamnik" and "Srubnik"? They sound Slavic and not Indo-Germanic. I feel like I'm getting polluted here with Slavisms. :)

>No, only EHG. Maybe Yamniks were EHG-CHG mutts, not PIE.
So why did Shitskin Ware have significant CHG admixture? Their direct ancestors may not have been Yamnaya, but they were certainly EHG-CHG mutts.

>In Sweden, because they were almost no m*Dshit migrants there... They were just EHG descendants.
Doesn't change the fact that LBK niggers of all people were bluer-eyed than PIEs lmao

Are you dumb? Nothing changed, why should it change? A different PIE population mixed with Yamna somewhere in Ukrainian steppes and then moved West. You can't explain the CHG admixture in them if they never mixed with Yamna.

why are you guys falling for such weak bait jesus christ

>Recent scientific evidence
No, Ken Ham's Big Wooden Boat of Autistic Fun doesn't count as "scientific evidence", dumbass.

Attached: retarded_pepe.jpg (600x484, 24K)

Real Cordeds were Nordics. Those you talk about are either your funnelbeaker folk or primitive-looking WHGs :)
After I find a better word, maybe,
>So why did Shitskin Ware have significant CHG admixture?
It did not. Half less that Yamnikland...
>Doesn't change the fact that LBK niggers of all people were bluer-eyed than PIEs lmao
PIGs were Nordic, and some pre-IGs too, because of earlier EHG migrations...

>Are you dumb? Nothing changed, why should it change?
Ok, I get it.

"Yamna women rode their horses into Corded Ware for EHG Nordics cock because native Caucasians were dicklets".

Is this your theory?

What do blue eyes have to do with EHG?
EHG had dark or mixed eyes but light skin, we know that much. Light hair is also EHG but wasn't always dominant.

>Real Cordeds were Nordics
"Real Cordeds" must have been extremely rare then.

>It did not. Half less that Yamnikland..
So you're admitting that Shitskin Wareoids were CHG mutts?

>PIGs were Nordic
Nope, they were darkoids.

>What do blue eyes have to do with EHG?
EHG had dark or mixed eyes but light skin
This is just your theory, sweetie. Nordics had light hair and light eyes when they invaded the inferior swarthy races though... and they were EHG descendants.

I think you quoted the wrong person

>"Real Cordeds" must have been extremely rare then.
In Silesia, Russia, Lithuania, Sweden, Denmark they were a majority
In Germany they were somewhat mutts
In Estonia they were WHG spies with primitive racial type...

You said Corded Ware had darker eyes than their predecessors which could be the case in GAC Poland since GAC loved WHG sex.
Blue eyes could come from the slave girls of Corded Ware but very likely they had dark hair and rather swarthy skin like Cypriots for example.

>elongated Caucasoid nose
>"oy vey!!!! give this man epicanthic fold to make him look asian!!!!"
The state of modern "reconstructions".

>Blue eyes could come from the slave girls of Corded Ware but very likely they had dark hair and rather swarthy skin like Cypriots for example
True, but I only said that they were fairer-haired and bluer-eyed, not necessarily lighter-skinned. And I was mainly referring to the Funnelbeakers of Scandinavia and northern Germany, not GAC and others.

>And I was mainly referring to the Funnelbeakers of Scandinavia and northern Germany, not GAC and others.
*who were the least mediterrenean of them all...
Congratulations, m*Doid.

Why is this retard not banned yet? He ruins every thread about Indo-Europeans with his autism.

Funnelbeakers were fucked over by a change in the climate of Scandinavia and retreated to the southern tip of Sweden some centuries before Corded Ware showed up.
They left behind some women for the SHG-derived Pitted Ware.
It's all in the 2nd link So you're talking about Pitted Ware when you mean Funnelbeaker. Pure Funnels didn't really have SHG admixture and were pretty much the same as GAC except for some Atlantic Megalithic influence.

At last, I truly see...

Attached: shitskin ware.png (850x597, 662K)

Doesn't change the fact that PIEs were predominantly dark-haired, dark-eyed and moderately light-skinned, and definitely NOT Nordic :)

I know, it's mind blowing

Germany and Netherlands should be striped, Latvia was Nordic too, Poland should be striped, Ukraine is just Russia so Nordic.

>Doesn't change the fact that PIEs were predominantly dark-haired, dark-eyed and moderately light-skinned
This is not true, and even if it was, it would just make them half-Nordic for skin tone, tall stature, et cetera...

>The PWC individuals, who were contemporaneous to the MN TRB but relied mainly on marine resources, appear intermediate between SHG and Middle Neolithic farming cultures on the PCA (Fig. 2A) and the only models not rejected with qpWave involve a two-way admixture between SHG and EN TRB (91±3%SHG and 9±4%EN TRB Supplementary Information Table S7).

The samples from Funnelbeaker that were determined to be light-skinned, blonde-haired and blue-eyed predate Pitted Ware, though.

It seems you've confused the Motala SHG with farmers. There was no connection.