Has Humanity peaked?

Has Humanity peaked?

If so, what epoch do you consider to be the peak of Humanity?

If not, how much longer do you think Humanity will last and when will we peak?

Attached: bc55963a5dee27432c00768400801ec5.gif (500x281, 818K)

Other urls found in this thread:

energyskeptic.com/2015/ctl-can-not-make-up-for-declining-oil/
energyskeptic.com/2017/nuclear-power/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, we have not yet peaked, technology still has a long way to go.

Attached: 189914.jpg (1024x768, 414K)

>believing in the CGI, greenscreen fakery and terrible acting of NASA

next you're gonna tell me the earth is a spinning ball, OP.

do some research once in your life. the moon landing was faked in a studio, it's been debunked years ago.

We'll never "peak" in this broken world user, only at the Last Day shall humanity be vindicated.

Attached: Victor_vasnetsov-christ_almighty.jpg (1543x1550, 432K)

>Has Humanity peaked?
Not yet
>how much longer do you think Humanity will last
Somewhere between a few decades, several hundred million years and considerably longer than even that. Though we might become something very different than we are now.
>when will we peak
Somewhere between a few years and 1-2 decades in the future, for starts.

Once fossil fuel runs out and climate change becomes a real problem, we're seeing a collapse of civilization, which will (given enough time) achieve another peak or plateau, the nature of which we cannot really predict now. It might forever meander around a pre-industrial or even primitive industrial level, or slowly accumulate more tech until it goes higher than even ours.
Other possibilities are:
-climate change becomes so freakish for some reason we're all wiped out
-someone throws nukes and we're all wiped out
-other black swan events that wipe us out
but I think that unlikely.

Attached: The Seneca Cliff and the Problem of Complexity_clip_image006.jpg (564x328, 25K)

>>fossil fuels run out
We'll just gradually switch over to various alternatives.
>>climate change
The third world will starve, the first world will be inconvenienced by having to deal with shooting random groups of peasants at their borders and sinking peasant boats trying to cross by sea.

Spengler said that 1790s. I think that it is pretty accurate.

>We'll just gradually switch over to various alternatives.
I'm sure we will user.

Attached: energymix2009.png (558x417, 102K)

>I don't know what gradually means

Clearly it means replacing 80% of your energy production in a span of decades.

You do realize that you can liquefy coal to make oil yeah? Furthermore, you do also realize that we're not anywhere near the peak of coal production? We have plenty of time to make the switch.

Peaked in the 1930s. It's all down-hill from here.

Coal liquification has an efficiency of about 60%. You'd have to quadruple coal production to replace oil and gas. (Though to be fair, parts of these could be replaced more directly, since electricity production or heating do not require liquid fuel)
Either way, even were that possible, it would massively increase energy costs and cause an economic decline.

No not yet. Post more of people in space

Attached: objectifying women.gif (350x266, 2.71M)

>>You'd have to quadruple coal production
You really have no idea how much coal we have do you? Brown coal is more then enough to replace most of our current fossil fuel needs, it's just really dirty.

Culturally and socially we peaked in the 1890's

Technologically we still keep progressing

I checked it and that is actually true... though I still doubt wether the necessary infrastructure can be created in the given time.

energyskeptic.com/2015/ctl-can-not-make-up-for-declining-oil/

Of course, extending the fossil fuel age will not, ultimately, change the outcome, unless we really do switch to nuclear and renewables.

If only the general population would stop shitting themselves in fear of nuclear fission, our energy problem would be solved in short order.

switch to nuclear and renewables.
Renewables are a meme and unnecessary. Nuclear power of various forms will ultimately be the power source that will fulfill societies need for energy. It's just that stuff like brown coal and various other stop-gap things will need to be used as we switch over, which is going to lead to some ugly pollution problems.

will never happen because of
>muh fukushima
>muh chernobyl

This guy has interesting things to say about nuclear power too.
energyskeptic.com/2017/nuclear-power/