Hi I'm from /v/

Hi I'm from /v/
What's your favorite total war game?

Attached: ss_8a50090f4f4bea83853c605ef10d9897cba4fe1e.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 934K)

Medieval II

1. Napoleon with LME mod
2. Medieval II
3. Attila
4. Shogun 2 and FotS
5. Rome 1
6. Empire

Attached: taking this hill, with no survivors.jpg (1920x1080, 503K)

Shogun

Everything else was trash

1.MTW2
2.RTW
3.S2TW
4.TWW
5.TWA
6.RTW2
7.NTW
8.MTW
9.STW
10.ETW

Napoleon
*gap*
Rome 1
Shogun

The others are too bad to even play a battle

Rome 1 is still the best and Medieval 2 a close second
Shogun 2 is also great, and so is Empire and Napoleon if you're autistic enough to like line battles
haven't played Rome 2 and Attila so I can't comment

Attached: rome total war scipii.jpg (700x433, 88K)

Rome 1 and Medieval II just because of the fuckton mods. Loved shogun 2 and Rome 2. Empire was a disappointing mess which couldve been better.

Hopefully they wont fuck up the Three Memedoms.

It took me forever how to instigate a civil war to make the republic into an empire and I did it as Marius being House Julia's faction leader. Also as a rule of thumb:

>Shogun 2 >= Attila > Rome = Medieval > Rome 2 > Empire > everything else.

>Nappy not on your list

Neck yourself

>Empire not being the worst TW game.

Attached: AnonStop.jpg (1152x1200, 382K)

M2 is best with stainless steel mod

I think warhammer 2 and Alexander hold that title.

Whats wrong with Empire? I always liked the battles.

go back

>Whats wrong with Empire?
>The absolute state of casual gamers

Good answer user, you really convinced me now!

Nappy is worse than Empire in every way.

Rome II, it is still getting updates and DLC. The mods for it are spectacular too

Attached: General and his guard.jpg (3840x2160, 2.64M)

>still no Total War game set in India

I want to build my Pajeet Empire goddammit

I don't know, may it be that they didn't even bother in make it playable?

Empire is partially set in India.

played it for a couple hundred hours, what colossal flaws did I miss?

I've heard some good things about Rome 2 with the DEI mod applied. Would that be worth a go?

Medieval 1
Rome 1
Medieval 2
Attila
Rome 2

Haven't played the others

Yes, it is a lot of fun. It adds a lot of new mechanics though, and it should not be played on any difficulty other than normal. I played Massilia in this campaign and there ended up being a few major nations and alliance systems

Attached: The World explained.jpg (3840x2160, 2.25M)

Victoria 2.

This was five turns later

Attached: The new world explained.jpg (3840x2160, 2.44M)

Doing MP matches and historical battles with friends is really fun in Napoleon. Try out the NTW 3 mod.

Very fun man. I'm doing a game as the true successor of Caesar. I've launched a massive invasion of Parthia and have so far gained control of Mesopotamia. Octavian and Lepidus are surprisingly on the back foot in a three way war with Pompey. I'm going to crush and annex Parthia and use the wealth and manpower to beat the other Triumvirs and P*mpey.

Attached: 317.jpg (250x299, 14K)

>>new mechanics
Yeah I heard about the manpower system. Is there a guide to all these new mechanics somewhere convenient? Oh and is this mod compatible with those mods that reduce or eliminate all the AI agent spam?

Nice captions, btw. I approve of your sense of humor.

Rome 1. People whining about vanilla are fucking faggots.

Shogun 2. It's different, more simple than the rest and the only one I'm competent at.

I'm wondering what the people here are thinking about that new free patch and DLC for Rome 2?

If you play with vanilla units you have terrible taste. You have a point otherwise though.

Mods are great but sometimes I just gotta go vanilla for the nostalgia
Rome 1 did almost everything right. idk why subsequent games didn't simply build upon Rome 1 and Medieval 2 (improving AI, diplomacy, depth, etc) because those games had a lot going for them. The newer games are still good, and I understand the need to change, but they aren't the same imo. Also there's just something about the cartoony unit collisions that are just so satisfying in R1

almost everything except historicity that is

Rome 1 sucks balls. the campaign ai is broken and any battle can be won within 30 seconds with a cavalry charge.

shit game.

Rome 2
Shogun 2 / Fall of the Samurai
Medieval I
Attila
Napoleon
Empire
Medieval 2
Rome 1

Pretty much like them all tho. But Med 2 and Rome 1, Empire are still so broken to this day that they're barely playable.

t. 15 year old

>Rome 1 sucks balls. the campaign ai is broken and any battle can be won within 30 seconds with a cavalry charge.
Sounds like you only play on easy with the pre-1.3/1.5 patch disk version

I bought Rome 1 on release day and loved it.
But compared to Medieval 1 it's way arcadey.

VH/VH
Rome 1 is broke and the battles are easy.

>Rome 1 is 14 years old and the servers are still active

>worst total war games on top
>best on bottom
bait/10

The one in your image

Since empre this series became boring to me. Probably because the pathetic ai coupled with line battles made for some extremely shit gameplay.

>attila, empire and rome 2 above medieval 2
jesus christ

ffs mods

Empire didn't make it "boring", it straight up infuriated me and I swore to not buy any more games from them
RTW and M2TW were all my damn early teenage years, and here I stood before ETW which was basically an alpha test for NapoleonTW sold at 60 bucks (The alphatest, not the finished game, who was for the same price too)

what exactly didn't work for you?

You are objectively wrong in every way

Warhammer. It's the only one with enough variety at every level. Before that it was Rome II, which felt immersive but basically just spam elite infantry. One for infantry killing and one for cav killing and that's it.

The mod comes with a guide, which is neat. DeI has a lot of mods that are designed to be compatible. Combine with caution though: try playing DeI as is before you start adding more changes in

Attached: The new new world explained.jpg (3840x2160, 2.54M)

Attila is fucking great, get some taste.
No you faggot. Napoleon has less factions, smaller campaign map, and worse game mechanics in every way.

Your favourite TW game is the one set in your personal favourite time period, although in terms of objective gameplay quality it's pretty easy to form a list.

>Attila
>Napoleon
>Shogun 2
>Rome 1
>Empire
>Medieval 1
>Rome 2
>Shogun 1
>Medieval 2

In descending order.

Europa Barbarorum 2

Total Warhammer 2

Attached: karl franz.jpg (1280x720, 1.08M)

Ignoring Warhams and Warhams 2 for obvious reasons, I’d say the order is:
1)Shogun 2/RotS/FotS
2)Rome 2 plus expansions
3)Atilla/Big Karl
4)Med 2/Kingdoms
5)Rome 1/Barbs
6)Napoopa
7)Med 1/Vikings
8)Empire

Haven’t played Shogun 1. Looking forward to Three Kingdoms and Thrones of Britannia, and CA finally releasing the bloody Norsca patch for Warhams2

NTW

Because I can create my autistic order of battles with a 60 unit army mod

I never found more than a handful for DeI, and only menial stuff like battle speed mods. I kinda dislike that they removed so much content vanilla Rome had for "historical accuracy", i understand why, but i feel the game is too barren and dull without wacky Gladiator units and such, if they were easter eggs triggered by events or something it would be great.

Ace pic

empire. It is my least favorite period they've covered, but the game just plays so well.

>It is my least favorite period
What the hell is wrong with you?

Rome 2 is the most historically accurate Total War game to ever be created. Shame they went back to Hollywood shit in Attila.

>and worse game mechanics in every way.

Now I know you are retarded.

Empire 2/Napoleon 2 when? I want my line battles damn it. I don't want to keep playing FOTS for smooth gameplay when I just want to save Berthier and Lannes

Attached: 1395071169479.jpg (2500x1465, 2.21M)

maybe after chink tw

Attached: 1518688842387.jpg (2250x1408, 602K)

Warhammer best total war

t. butt-triggered Nappyfag ass-mad Empire is better in every way

etw's campaign was neat, shame the battles weren't as good

>quicklime equipped howitzers is no longer a rape machine
>shrapnel no longer destroys entire regiments in one blast
>cavalry can no longer plows through an entire army by itself
>no more awkward delay moving between various theatres

And if you want more factions/units just get Darth Mod.
The one issue I had with Napoleon was that units no longer fire by rank, something that Darth Mod puts back in.

>female gladiators serving in roman legions

Rome 2 is farcical. Attila at least attempts to be vaguely historically accurate, even if it does use artistic license in creating precursor vikings.

Napoleon has better gameplay. The map is the same size whilst benefiting from the narrative focus of a single continent. The five playable factions are absolutely unique, given depth that hasn't been seen in another TW game outside of Warhammer.

And Napoleon is also mechanically superior in every regard. It uses a more modern iteration of the Warscape engine, it has a compacted and more functional UI, it's significantly more optimized on a wide range of operating systems as a result of CA's accumulation of in-house hardware setups. It's smoother, faster, and just flat out better. Complaints boil down to:

>waaah! i want another generic faction with another dozen variations of foot! sw-sweden stronk!
>waaah! i want a bigger map with more generic opponents with another dozen variations of foot! a-america stronk!

And that's literally it. So obsessed with the soft bullshit that they can mod in at any time (get LME you big baby) that they ignore all of the gameplay changes. And it's the gameplay that makes it a good game.

1)Warhammer
2)Shogun-Shogun2
3)Medieval

i really hate watching my units die...this series is for sociopaths

My favorites are Empire and Napoleon. I like the line battles. I'm not autistic am I?

Shogun 2 is really fun, I enjoy the effect guns bring to the game. I hope that with their new theme of focusing on a smaller region we could see Renaissance Italy represented. It would be fun to play as one of the famous Italian families and see the development of warfare in Italy.

I am also hoping Thrones of Britannia sees a migration period mod or expansion, sadly the viking invasion is more popular than the Anglo-Saxon invasions

My favorite is by far R1, but thats just because it was the only one I had for years. M2 is fun as well, but I just cant get into the gunpowder ones and shogun just isnt a time period im interested in.

Im starting to warm up to rome 2 after a ton of updates from playing it on day one. my favorite mod is DeI but I cant stop it from running like complete shit on my computer even at garbage graphics. any tips?

I also like those two. I think line battles are neater and more tactical, they have a much wider range of play styles especially in multi-player. The combat is slower and much less rushed. Breaking someones center or using the environment to your advantage always felt more important, most units could stop cavalry easily and so using them was more difficult especially against a human.

There were even small tactical things you could so like walking to the limits of an opponents range, letting them fire a volley while telling your men to hold fire and rushing extremely close to their line before stopping, firing your own volley before they had finished reloading and charging in to melee that made the game feel more personal. You could use such methods, simply focus multiple units to attack a single enemy unit, making your lines longer to allow for more shots per volley to compete with a more elite or experienced unit.

Other TWs end up with two blobs fighting while both sides try to encircle with cavalry, lower tier units can't compete with higher tier ones either regardless of how you command them either, low tier ranged units hardly damage a high tier one. It becomes a game where you need to count unit stats, attack defense, armour etc. Empire and Napoleon units had different stats but your leadership meant you could use a shitty faction like Spain or Austria to beat a France of Britain player.

Probably Shogun 2, it's one of the most colorful and beautiful to watch Total War. It's a little unbalanced and once you get into the mechanics you can easily destroy every army with the right troops, but still
Really looking forward to Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Attached: .jpg (1366x768, 224K)

>all these anons saying napoleon
BROTHERS!

Can anyone recommend me the best way to get some Thirty Years War experience out of Total War? Or something something late medieval early renaissance anything with armor and gunpoweder?

Rome 1 with EB1.

Never could get into EB2; the upgrade from Rome to Medieval 2 just never seemed worth it to me. Still the same campaign map, but the battles just felt...off.

Honorary second place goes to Shogun 2 in general and Fall of the Samurai in particular. Not as historically valuable, but tight gameplay.

I will be Victoria Total War when they make it!

Attached: the-thin-red-line.jpg (1920x800, 334K)

Rome 1. But thats probably because the classical period is my favorite historically. Nothing like rolling over western europe as the Julii.

Rome
Napoleon=Shogun 2
Medieval 2
Attila
Rome 2

Attached: 34030_20170810230846_1.png (1600x900, 1.62M)

I went from medival 2 to empire and it was so bad, I got really angry at the franchise.
I paid the full price for it, which was a lot for my teenage self.
I was so excited for it and it was just trash. My disappointment when I realised how few factions were playable..

It broke me

Yeah but if you check around the twcenter you can find mods that mostly just change the units and don't introduce a hundred new mechanics and make every building take 50 turns to build or some shit.

1.Rome
2.Medieval II
3.Shogun
4.Empire/Napoleon
After Rome II it ruined my tastes for total war games, tried to play Attila and i liked it but it wasn't the same anymore...
Rome total war was my first strategy game which i fucking loved and spent entire years playing it +mods. Medieval II was also great i can i say i loved it more, but Rome has too much nostalgia to it.

Attached: 1520265607181.gif (800x588, 3M)

you have to hate it because it's the popular thing to do, stop asking questions and get in line

>narrative focus
*vomits*

1. Rome 1
2. Medieval II
3. Rome 2
4. Empire

Lately I've enjoyed warmmer 1/2 alot, I really like the uniqueness of the factions and the customizable lords/heroes

This.

The other guy is retarded

1. Warhammer 2 because I love Warhammer
2. Rome 2 because I love the soundtrack and campaign feels (really)
3. Attila because I love the historical period (but it sucks ass in the performance department; barely playable)

> Medieval II still king GOAT but kinda aged poorly for me.

>can't campaign in the Americas
>small area in Europe and Western Asia
>muh Napoleonic wars
Fag.

samefag

Medieval is the last great TW game. Rome is the last good TW game. Empire is the last playable TW game.

I also dont like newer TW games. They just feel too cluttered, there is so much shit on the screen and the action happens too fast, the loser routs 10 seconds after engagement, it's impossible to enjoy the battles like in good old Rome 1, it's like watching ants crawling around

>routing
>not playing Vampire Counts
There's your problem lad.

Of those three, only Medieval was good. Rome 1 was absolute shit I don't know why you faggots adore it. Rome 2 was great.

Rome 1 is the best in the series

Rome 2 is good too

Napoleon and medieval 2 were both great, but honestly, from a gameplay perspective, the Warhammer ones are better. Behavior of the blobs is better, spellcasters and large monsters are thing the game just needs for the battles to run smoothly

havent played it yet tbqh, my pc cant run it, i can only run the inferior warhammer 2