Large urban centers

>Large urban centers
>Argiculture
>Advanced metallurgy
>standardized currency
>Social classes with nobility

So tell me again why the ancient celts weren’t considered a civilization?

Attached: 7BB0C589-147B-4741-A8EA-43F5E921B0E3.jpg (654x500, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppidum_of_Manching
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alesia_(city)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They were CIVILIZED for that time period for all the reasons you just mentioned. However there was no unified celtic civilization. Most tribes ran on their own with occasional confederations among tribes against a common enemy

Oppida weren't urban centers, lol. The average Celt in Continental Europe lived in agricultural villages. Might as well call the feudal countryside of medieval europe "Urbanized."

Also very tribal organization.

>large urban center

Aside from one from the castro culture in Spain and Heubeburg, no, Maine the castro culture classifies barely

In part because they didn't use writing and left us absolutely no written testimony of their time.

Never should have come here, C*ltoid

Attached: celt slayer.jpg (2655x3508, 1.85M)

>weren’t considered a civilization?
Who in the world says this?

Romans and Greeks.

They're retarded. Might at well not call the Mississippian Mound builders, Pueblo people and Incas not civilizations too.

They're not. If you don't speak Greek, you're not a civilization.

So did sudanic west africa

Attached: 1520785622631.jpg (564x352, 55K)

The term is barbarian

The average Oppida has a population between 5,000 to 10,000. That doesn’t sound like a typical farming village to me.

Which is contrasted to civilization.

>The average Oppida has a population between 5,000 to 10,000.
Source: your fantasies

>no writing system
>mud huts and straw thatch houses
>tribal system of organization
>no philosophies or great thinkers

Nigger-tier

>Anonymous
Same with the inca

No.

Incas had an organized empire and complex architecture.

Inca had a writing system, stone houses, and an imperial system of government (they were an actual empire)

Except stone building

What writing?

So did sudanic west africa

Attached: images (26).jpg (259x194, 5K)

because romanz are RACIST

If Celts count as civilizations then the agrarian statelets of my country's ancestors are a civilization too.

But not really.

Attached: panday-pira.jpg (519x717, 108K)

Civilization = Cool buildings and statues

Oh wait, I remembered we had writing. Celts BTFO.

Attached: Baybayin Characters.png (800x601, 300K)

Because the Celt in one part of Britannia didn't belong to the same polity as a Celt from another part of the island, much less a Celt in Gaul or Italy.

They also didn't speak Greek or Latin, and were therefore literal Bar Bar ians.

WE

He's bullshitting, the Inca had a weird way of tracking some things by putting knots of varying thickness in string, but they didn't have any way of putting down language.

It's not we if it's true

Attached: 1520701360458.jpg (640x426, 93K)

Ethiopians. Not your ancestors Tyrone.

I believe they were developing a kind of proto-writinh. Similar to the transition from chinese glyphs to their earliest writing. Tocapu is the name of the textil symbols.

Not developed independently and derived from Proto-Sinaitic and Phoenician alphabet.

This picture is not in Ethiopia.

Attached: Ife_Kings_Head.jpg (220x381, 14K)

There's symbols in the textiles some academics believe may be writing.

So just like Latin, Greek, Russian, and Indian alphabets then?

You came motherfucker!

Attached: celts.jpg (3050x2000, 1.5M)

Shit art for the 14th century.

If it were from 1300 BCE instead of CE, I would be impressed.

It was

Let us join you in battle

Attached: 278438c2c2d2a37241f47505b2ee57df.jpg (486x640, 220K)

It's not shit

For the 14th century, it's very unimpressive. Compare this with the European and Chinese art of the same period.

Why are some people here so obsessed with shitting on sub saharan history? Why the fuck would you even care.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppidum_of_Manching
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alesia_(city)

Aside from the usual disdain for niggers of various sorts there's also the fact that this was started as a thread about celts and some random moron butting in with his favortism for random ooga boogas has no place in a discussion about indo-european descended civilizations.

>Celts sat beside (even lived among) the Romans/Greeks and never developed a writing system at fucking all.
>SEAsians in shitty Islands manage to adopt Indian-derived Syllabaries evolving to a distinctive script.

The absolute state of Celts.

Attached: Baybayin Various.jpg (770x557, 81K)

Those are not "average" oppida, they're outliers and are all basically contemporary to the Romans, most oppida were a few huts encircled by wooden fences

So runic doesn’t count?

Attached: 3C24059C-EDC5-44A4-B7E0-D508B6011603.jpg (775x1135, 242K)

>Celts.
>Runes.
Are you a fucking Wiccan?

Actually celts did have a writing system, it was just that literacy was confined to the druids, so when the romans invaded and during the course of that invasion killed off all the druids they could get their hands on, the writing system went with them.

There were some celts who lived near greeks in gaul and elsewhere who did adopt substantial parts of greek culture and this likely included the written language, but sadly none of their literature, if any, survives to the present day.

I know Galatians pretty much just wrote Greek. Language included.

They’re not white

What about Bibracte, heunuburg, Glauberg, parisii, Heidengraben, and San Cibrao de Lás.

I imagine it's something to do with all contempory source material being of Roman origin/the Roman tendancy see others as inferior.

Couple that with the cultural assimilation that happened in conquered regions and you have the perception that all forms of society apart from those derived from Rome are Barbarians

They are indo europeans

So are Bengalis.

Are they white too now?

Probably because it wasn't that centralized.

If it's Indo-European or East Easian, it's OK on my book.

Any surviving samples of their writings? I would love to be proven wrong in what I said here.

Bengalis are 100% Nordic White Blonde Blue-Eyed Aryan

Yeah, but why take the obvious bait and be a moron though? Someone only has to say "great zimbabwe" and you will have a horde of retards throwing a tantrum over it.

Because of the stupid writing meme

They seemed to always get triggered when ever you mention african civilizations they probably have deep issues

Would Zimbabwe stone settlements be considered a civ if not neither is this

>no writing system
Wrong. They definitely wrote things down and kept records. Writing down parts of the oral tradition was forbidden as Druidic authority relied the exclusive knowledge. This was probably a major cultural flaw for the Celts.
That said, we do have a surprising amount of writing (it's our primary source when it comes to their language), as well as contemporary accounts of them keeping extensive records of things, such as the Helvetii during migration according to Caesar.
So yeah, what we do have of Celtic writing is mundane records, graffiti, and things written on pottery and stuff ("bob mate this for jeff")

>mud huts and straw thatch houses
Wattle and daub != mud huts.
And what the hell is wrong with thatch-roof houses? They were still in use up to about the mid-20th century, and that includes straw shelters for jobs outside of the settled areas such as charcoal burning.
Besides, these are the exact same building materials primarily used in medieval Europe, simply because they work great and are abundant north of the Mediterranean.

>tribal system of organization
Tribe is a loaded term. They were tribal in a similar sense to the Romans. The difference is that the Romans conquered the other tribes of Italy.
In terms of societal complexity and organisation, they easily compared well to the Mediterranean.
While some things varied from tribe to tribe, we know their systems in general relied on a lot of different elected representatives. Even the position of king was a matter of election instead of inheritance.
They also had a pretty solid legal system. Interestingly, fines were proportional to the wealth of the offender.

>no philosophies or great thinkers
The problem of not writing down cultural things obviously made it a bit hard for their shit to survive. We do have accounts of Celts (especially druids) discussing philosophy with Greeks on very equal terms.

it doesnt surprise me that western euros are so fascinated by the medieval age. celtic architecture looks entirely similar.
meanwhile many greeks (atleast actual ones) only give a shit about the ancient world.

Futhark is germanic famalam

I thought RONANZ were White? How can they be racist against other white people?

It was more of a culture that was scattered everywhere. If they settled down in one spot with cities and a king to rule over them then they would have been.