What would cubism look like applied to music? I couldn't find much about this, surprisingly enough

What would cubism look like applied to music? I couldn't find much about this, surprisingly enough.

Attached: AS11131_0.jpg (430x600, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Stu7h7Qup8
youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o
youtube.com/watch?v=X9Z_FVjMSWc
youtube.com/watch?v=JEY9lmCZbIc
youtu.be/jn7Ud_8-xk8
youtube.com/watch?v=71hNl_skTZQ
youtu.be/LxRO3X2D6tY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=M0idW8zu_NA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=6Stu7h7Qup8

The visual arts and music are very different.

To answer your question one has to first

1) decide the major elements of cubism
2) decide what (if any) musical ideas could correspond to these
3) experiment

For example, cubism often contains multiple angles of representation for a single subject from multiple perspectives at once.

A musical idea corresponding to this might be: the playing of music from multiple decentralized sources. Perhaps you could place microphones around an auditorium and then superimpose them in one recording.

But that wouldn't be terribly interesting and the end result doesn't seem to have a lot in common with cubism. That's, again, because visual arts and music are quite different.

Why do you believe Glass is cubist? I would agree he's certainly abstract, but I don't see much in common between minimalism and cubism aesthetically. If anything cubism is inherently maximalist

>it's another Philip Glass piece with extremely repettitive, arpegiated major and minor chord triads.

(by the way Philip Glass is usually associated with the artistic movement called minimalism. This is one interesting example where the visual arts and the musical arts can have basically the same idea and effect. In minimalism, highly simplistic, basic building-blocks are used to the exclusion of complex techniques. The result is the same: boring.)

Attached: frank_stella.png (250x249, 79K)

> The result is the same: boring
smoke some weed will ya

Attached: 1514677660035.jpg (645x729, 81K)

I take it you're not especially musically inclined because there are many more relevant aspects of music that can be contexualized this way. For instance, you could use ambiguous harmonic function so that a chord has many different tonal implications at once. This is even something you can find in Bach apparently but admittedly, I'm not musical enough myself to identify it.

>Glass

Attached: quote-i-don-t-know-what-i-m-doing-and-it-s-the-not-knowing-that-makes-it-interesting-philip-glass-78 (850x400, 65K)

NiGGA, how can you make SOUND..........with a cube NIGGA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1451373869966.jpg (960x1280, 252K)

I guess if we were going by the sound through different perspectives definition, Ryoji Ikeda's Matrix is a great example of sound having different qualities and how it propagates depending on your listening environment. Zaireeka in its original form could also be a decent, more mainstream example, given that coordinating four separate audio CD's and their positioning makes the likelihood of listening to the same experience highly unlikely. But if you're like me, you'll just say, "Fuck it. I'm listening to a downmix/going to play Clouds Taste Metallic instead."

youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o

I don't think a relatively unsophisticated work of dubious authorship is representative of Bach, least of all if you want to make the argument he's a cubist. Let's try that again.

youtube.com/watch?v=X9Z_FVjMSWc

The answer is this absolute lad

youtube.com/watch?v=JEY9lmCZbIc

Attached: schoenber.jpg (225x225, 4K)

youtu.be/jn7Ud_8-xk8
t.b.h

Jewish modern "art" is degenerate.
This is true Aryan art.

Attached: 1520888327906.jpg (480x400, 27K)

youtube.com/watch?v=71hNl_skTZQ

it's literally that

Entartete Kunst

Attached: 1520525500020.png (530x633, 366K)

Real Art

Attached: 1520899742831.jpg (679x960, 116K)

>All composed by schizophrenic Jews

Well imagine my shock

youtu.be/LxRO3X2D6tY

Attached: 1519168452163.jpg (437x501, 47K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=M0idW8zu_NA

Just cohencidences, goy.

Intelligence is correlated with mental illnesses and/or being Jewish

did you or someone you know make this user? I mean there are a lot of serialist composers

Actually the more I think about it musical cubism, might be thoroughly unexplored.

>tfw not musical enough to pioneer a movement

Attached: sadpu.jpg (255x198, 8K)

>What would cubism look like applied to music?

modal jazz