Stand for the greatest US president

Stand for the greatest US president

Attached: LBJ.jpg (924x1228, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yb30L-NmKjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh yeah, the guy who escalated the Vietnam War, resulting in 2-4 million dead Vietnamese and 50,000 American troops, all to save face.*

*"avoid a humiliating defeat on the international scale" as the Pentagon Papers put it. These same documents indicate Johnson's reasons for escalating in Vietnam were political and not tactical. By the time Nixon came into office, nobody in the Pentagon took the domino theory seriously, even though they still teach it to 8th graders in American public schools.

I don't see Franklin Roosevelt

That's not Donald Trump

Why don't the Pentagon Papers get much attention?

Hear hear
youtube.com/watch?v=yb30L-NmKjo

Attached: But enough talk, Huerta.jpg (1217x299, 171K)

That’s not James Monroe.

*stays sitting*

Because they give the lie to the American myth.

Just look at that lovable rascal

Attached: 825F7E82-8C66-4AAD-B2D3-CED91D27D4F8.jpg (2849x3474, 779K)

Except getting humiliated in Vietnam wouldn't just make Johnson look bad; it would make the entire U.S. (and all those allied with us) look incredibly weak and uncommitted. It was a perfectly justified decision, and just about every other case of confrontation with the Communists beforehand (the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Berlin airlift, Korea) indicated that standing strong would work.

Besides, we only lost that war because of this god-damn leftist fifth column back at home actively rooting for the Communists.

Literally one of the worst.

"I watched a documentary about Vietnam on the History Channel one time"

Fuck off with your basic-ass 5th grade knowledge idiot. I bet you think we had to drop nukes to "save millions of lives" too.

wtf i hate the correct use of "literally" now

Oh shit is it opposite day? Yeah OP he was the greatest president ever, nudge nudge wink wink.

Why didn’t Mexico just elect good men?

i see no universal healthcare above this, checkm8

Attached: 91wlIsyTqjL._SY450_.jpg (360x450, 37K)

>universal healthcare
>now everybody's healthcare is equally shit

bravo obongo

That's not Huey Long in the alternate reality where he wasn't killed.

Go to bed Alex.

at least he succeeded with actually getting it done