/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Surgically Enhanced Robotic Rocket Surgeons Edition

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread: → → →

Other urls found in this thread:

investing.com/news/stock-market-news/stocks--us-futures-point-to-lower-open-on-us-tax-reform-delay-841877
investing.com/analysis/taxbill-set-back-kills-usds-rally-200263753
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-07/multinationals-scurry-to-defuse-house-tax-bill-s-atomic-bomb
share.robinhood.com/andrewf593
share.robinhood.com/davida282
share.robinhood.com/austinv122
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>TRXC at 3.15

Quick Tax Reform Bill Issues Rundown:

investing.com/news/stock-market-news/stocks--us-futures-point-to-lower-open-on-us-tax-reform-delay-841877

'U.S. Senate Republicans unveiled a plan on Thursday which would reduce the corporate tax rate to 20% from 35% and make other significant changes to the individual tax system.
However, investors remain cautious as Senate Republican leaders said that they were considering postponing the implementation of the major corporate tax cut until 2019.
Meanwhile, a House tax reform bill, which differs from the Senate version, would be expected to take effect next year. If the Senate and House pass separate tax bills, lawmakers will have to reconcile them.'

investing.com/analysis/taxbill-set-back-kills-usds-rally-200263753

'The House is widely expected to vote on the tax bill next week but based on Thursday’s headlines, it will meet significant resistance in the Senate. According to Senators Bill Cassidy and John Thune, the House and Senate are not on the same page. The Senate plans to keep 7 tax brackets instead of the 4 proposed by the House, and at different levels from what is currently in place. They also want to delay the corporate tax cut to 2019 and scrap the excise tax on payments offshore'

The excise tax is quite an important issue, btw:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-07/multinationals-scurry-to-defuse-house-tax-bill-s-atomic-bomb

'House tax writers say the proposed excise tax is aimed at preventing U.S. companies from shifting their earnings offshore to subsidiaries in tax shelters -- and it moved into the spotlight this week amid a series of global investigative reports on corporate tax avoidance. But tax practitioners say the provision has far larger implications for consumer prices on a range of goods.'

TL;DR - House and Senate plans don't currently agree, and this could lead to issues with tax reform, which is "bad" for this bull market.

Two words Up Vixy

Nah man, learnt my lesson a long time ago, trying to go against the flow of this thing just isn't worth the risk.

When do you think the market correction will be?
What percent of your money is in the market and what amount?
What's your age?
Occupation (Employeed/Student/NEET)?
What's your plan to prepare for the market correction?
What's your plan once it starts?
What's your plan once you feel it reaches bottom?

I would argue it's just going with the downward flow, but if we're not going to do the high risk UVXY play, I mean what other choices do we have? Gold, Oil? I mean oil looks like it's pulling back from its big spike earlier in the week. Today is probably going to be profit takers and sell offs, I'm perfectly fine just holding this TRXC and not trading a whole lot, but a small position in UVXY is usually profitable on red days.

Yes

Here's what the perm-bulls will say, should the market drop due to tax reform delays:

"MUHHHH ECONOMIC GROWTH, MUH EARNINGS, MUH SYNCHRONIZED GLOBAL GROWTH - BUY - BUY- BUY"

So yeah, I'm not gonna advise any sort of play against the market.

>Sell EGO
>Immediately jumps 10 cents

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

When do you think the market correction will be?
Right after the ATH is no longer approaching a new ATH.

What percent of your money is in the market and what amount?
I don't fucking know man, that's my accountants job.

What's your age?
Over9000

Occupation (Employeed/Student/NEET)?
In the business of doing business regarding this and that.

What's your plan to prepare for the market correction?
UVXY mah nigga

What's your plan once it starts?
UVXY mah nigga

What's your plan once you feel it reaches bottom?

Either Rope, Lambo, or brush the dirt off and buy the dip.

Same

Any TRXC memers lurking? Sell right away at open, or hold?

uuhhhhhhhhhhhhduuuuuurrrrrrrrrdoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuruhuhuhuh

I sold yesterday. Apparently a bad call.

"TRXC is a pump and dump meme" the dumb faggot insisted, holding back his tears as he watched the rocket take off.

That fucking guy that managed to buy some at $2.40 after hours.

Rockets yes
KTOS yes

;)

;_; it just dropped 5¢ a share

No one bully XIV today!!!!

if anyone is signing up, use my reference please
>still no one has used it :(

share.robinhood.com/andrewf593

You're XIV waifu is shit

Fuck off David!

It's probably going to be a bit bumpy. Some will quickly take whatever profit they can get. Should be a green day overall though. Strong hold, lads.

Also: everyone put an unrealistically high sell order on your shares to protect them from shorters.

What's unrealistic? I thought this was going to $10 today so $10.50?

>371,484 ,000 negative retained earnings

Bought trxc instead of more Nak. Are you even a naketeer?

DRYS a meme that will never take off?

Im liking these new wojaks

yes, sell

share.robinhood.com/davidt917

Use my referral link for free apple stock

Same

APOLOGIZE

Fuck you, I'm the one true David

JCP on the run

Oh sweetie

I'm not even a David, that's how David I am share.robinhood.com/austinv122

All of those choices

fuck fuck fuck TRXC falling like a rock

its going up bro. just watch this rocket at open.

Last name is alphabetically ahead and my 3 digit number are lower. The alpha David has arrived to bring you all FB and Apple shares if you use my link.

For real though, MRNS for easy money.

wooo 2/7 stocks green today

FUCK CNBC AND THEIR FUD YESTERDAY

I'm ALL green, but the day is young.

UVXY play today boys what am I in for
>inb4 goodbye gains

ABORT MISSION THE ROCKET IS FALLING

TRXC WHAT ARE YOU DOING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Amd plz crash now

I own four shares of BABA. Think these will be good to hold through the new year? They don't benefit like US companies do from Christmas and so forth, right?

Turns out they got Pajeet to program the robots steering the rocket to save costs, which is why they have the 100 million still in the bank, but this caused a fucking malfunction. If you've got an ejection seat, I would use it.

MUH LAMBO

link

Dump TRXC??

I...I don't know.

S-should I buy it back???

>hwkn

Guys this happened last time they rocketed. People are gonna sell off and take their profits and the price will slowly climb down for a few days. Buy back in once the dust settles.

I have no idea nigga, I'm confused too. Also tbqhwy I'm not good enough at this to have any business advising you anyway.

I had iron hands but not iron will.
RIP gains

If you like money, get in XXII. Goldman Sachs just picked up 400k shares, why don't you?

What's your endgame user?

Because it's 2017 and that's a tobacco company

GBR gunna steady climb to $4 buy a few

Also a dude weed lmao company, so it still has potential.

Ugh, when is INTC going to stop dropping?

Just looked them up. news is actually pretty good.

Just went all in, unironically

>hey guys this stock is going to climb to a high it only reaches every 2 1/2 years, trust me

uniroincally just bought 1500 shares

I would user but I'm broke from trxc

Pretty interesting for a tobacco company tbqh. I bet they skyrocket next time dems are in charge.

>doesn't understand how oil and gas stocks correlate with oil and gas futures

I'm new to investing and rather than ask if a company is a good buy, I shill it and wait for someone to tell me why it's bad. XXII actually seems like a good investment in the long term. I just want to help y'all make money if I can

If drumpf passes this there will no doubt be a spike

I definitely think it's one to watch but I don't think it'll be on any meme missions any time soon.

Sell me on this shit stock

>Goldman Sachs just picked up 400k shares, why don't you?
With jews, you win.

>CREG

What it means volume lower than average volume?

Not fully in his control what happens at this point.

To be clear, I'm betting on continued upward movement, because there's my opinions, and then there's the reality of the market. But I dislike over-optimism, as over-exuberance brings its own dangers.

I don't hate/like Trump either, but I think it's a shame he's associated himself so much with the up's of the stock market. Should that trend change, it'll just be human nature to point the finger at him, which could lead to further unnecessary hassles.

It's a company that produces "modified risk" tobacco, has a diverse portfolio, and already has the favor of the FDA who want to regulate nicotine. Just think about the changing attitude towards smoking in your lifetime, user. Larger tobacco firms will want to get in bed with them as they have a unique patent to a process that can reduce nicotine by 95% without affecting flavor like other methods, if they want to stay competitive in the changing market.

Yep, if the bill stalls (which it probably will knowing Congress) expect a dip across the board

Anyone still holding TRXC?
Should I just exit at 3 and try to buy back in during eventual dip?

If it gets to 3

>near ATH
>earnings slightly shittier each quarter
>_, chinese, recycling := kek, fuck, that
shorting is the only reasonable thing to do with that I think

the market is somewhere else for the day..

>Your sell short order cannot be processed. We are unable to borrow the shares at this time.

damnit, everyone else beat me to it

Who else here sucks at predicting when to sell off a day trade... 5% like a scrub on CREG

I know right! What ever I picked up some BTSC, this stupid penny stock is on a dip, I'll see what it does in the coming weeks. Also grabbed my UVXY and that fucking GBR meme, going to play patient for a while.

Is anyone still holding out hope for a TRXC launch or...?

M8 pajeet Fucked it all up there is no going to the moon we all lose.

Should've sold at $3+

its kill. I bought options that are now worthless.

Is there a discord for this I can lurk?

Hold me senpai

Anyone know if IMUC is releasing any trial results with earnings?

Yep same. Leveraged it too hard/didn't sell at open.

In retrospect, the Greeks (and other assorted losses of about $700 prior to, which the Greeks briefly returned and then snatched back) taught me a valuable lesson about diversification and going long. From now on I am longing. Gonna build back this shit one good day at a time. Not pictured, my XXII shares, more speculative.

I've learned my lesson, Mummy.