Anarchism in History

Why aren't anarchist societies studied more in history? They are incredibly interesting (Shinmin Prefecture) and many have had large influences on history (Free Territory).

Attached: FTUMeme.png (304x300, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seunfakze.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/stateless-societies-the-igbo-the-fulani-the-somali-by-prof-g-n-ayittey/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

seunfakze.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/stateless-societies-the-igbo-the-fulani-the-somali-by-prof-g-n-ayittey/

You've read The Art of Not Being Governed, right?

Love that book. Quite interesting about certain foods like yams were anti-state, because you could plant them anywhere, basically concealing them from the government.

Bump

Does Revolutionary Spain count as Anarchist? I've never read book on them so I don't know but they seemed to get pretty statey at times.

I don't know if we can call stateless societies anarchists...

bump

It's long and complex. They formed especially during the industrialization of many countries, weren't an organized movement, and kinda petered out after the Russian Civil War was won. Doesn't help that many of them were seen as terrorists during the 19th Century, but the 19th Century is one of the centuries that really isn't seen in school.

Free Terriotory had almost no valuable historical sources written about it.

Anarchy is when there is no hierarchy, Igbo societies are based on lineage structure, and there is a form of government("Amaala" and "Village Assembly of Citizens"), so no it's not anarchism.

Somalis can be considered Anarchists to some extent.

They lasted hilariously short amounts of time, were generally shit places to live, and usually got btfo when some other country decided they wanted more land at a minimum cost of life since annies can't fight worth a damn.

False, Igbo obviously have structures, but no state.

How do they defer from Anglo Saxon Folksmoot and Mongol Kurultais? Why were those not anarchist or stateless but these Igbo assemblies are?

I don't know Anglo Saxon Folksmoot, if you can provide me infos on it I would appreciate.

I need to read more about Kurultais and Folksmoot to answer, do you've any resources?

But this is not because there is assemblies that there is a STATE, which is why Igbos are stateless. Igbo don't have chief, whereas Mongols have a Khan, Idk about Anglo-Saxon.

I'm no fan of anarchism but I do know a fair bit about the Anglo-Saxons. They had a heirarchy and kings from the get go, they even had their own term for "gentleman", in the form of Eorlcund

The weregilds also came with different prices based on social status

Stateless doesn't mean anarchist though.

Because no one with money or political influence has an interest in you knowing about the successes of anarchists and their societies. You have to educate yourself. Read stuff like An Anarchist FAQ and as many primary sources as you can if you wanna learn about them.
There were Catalonia and a bunch of other communes controlled by the CNT/FAI aligned anarchists, and the Stalinist territories of course. They collaborated later in the war, but for well over two years, large parts of Spain were anarchist territories.

Attached: CNT_FAI_flag.png (1280x851, 23K)

Bunp

>Because no one with money or political influence has an interest in you knowing about the successes of anarchists and their societies.
Imagine being this deluded.
Also
>successes
Yeah, getting blown the fuck out by fascists, communists AND capitalists sure is a big success.
Anarchism is such a joke.

Nice arguments up there pal

Nice. Really digging this ayittey guy. Recently 80% of papers I read are from either from this guy or from Anwar Shaik. Is that a weird combo or what? Maybe it'll even me out.

Ah, yes, the Primitivist-Capitalist-Marxist Synthesis.

>Because no one with money or political influence has an interest in you knowing about the successes of anarchists and their societies.
Perhaps you could enlighten me then, where are all the successful anarchist societies?

Attached: 1519404551755.jpg (642x711, 95K)

Somalis live in tribes, with patriarchs ruling over their extended kin, elder judges, add in warlords, jihadists, and the corrupt failure that is the official government, and there you have it. No need for any -ism at all.

Bump

The entire world outside of USA/Canada is actually anarchist. That other states exist is a myth.

>Why aren't anarchist societies studied more in history
because an anarchist society is an oxymoron ya fucking idiot

Sounds like failed anarchism (sorry for the redundancy) to me.